Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 4 Rostelecom Cup | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 4 Rostelecom Cup

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
ICE DANCE results.

After all the drama :drama: that happened at CoR, I'm ready to announce winners of the predictions Ice dance event.

First of all, I'm glad that there were 96 eligible Ice Dance predictions (after 80 at SA, 88 at SC and 94 at CoC). The scoresheet is getting bigger with each event, so more work for the scorers. But I don't minde, honestly.
The event was absolutely unpredictable with two new russian teams skating in front of russian crowd. So we don't have perfect scores this time. But some people were really close to getting 75 points, they just needed to switch 2 teams in their Top 5.

Our winners are:
1st place: Totentanz, HanDomi, malif, aero, Mentalopes and cjuarez - 65 points. Congratulations!
2nd place: gallavich , SashaJuliaSpins , el henry and invisiblespiral - 60 points. Nice job!
3rd place: YesWay, tulosai, GF2445, bellflower, HR4, lightsout, Lydia1703, mis751, cleo2070, enlight78 and lost3iron - 55 points! Congratulations!

Okay, that's all. Congratulations to all the winners again. :dance:

:jaw: I got a medal?! I got my own medal!!!:laugh2:

alebi

Medalist
This game is like a roller-coaster: last week I did the best score, this time I did my second.. worst score ever! YEAH :dance:
It's the beauty of this game but, first of all, it's the beauty of figure skating :)
Till now the easiest event to predict is PAIRS (last year it was definitely DANCE)

cleo2070

Final Flight
Oh wow! Guess I'd better enjoy this while it lasts :biggrin: and here's a 'thank you!' to everyone for making this such a fun game:clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hey everyone,

The new prediction threads for Trophee Bompard and NHK Trophy are up in their respective event subforums.

In the meanwhile, I hope we can wrap up the scoring today. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
THE MEN!!

Well, what can I say. Not a great week for scores. That said, the silver lining is that our winners shine even more!!

GOLD: gravy (60) -- Four out of 5 predictions right! Impressive. :)
SILVER: CaroLiza_fan (55) -- Got the podium correct!
BRONZE: Eclair (50) -- 2/3 on the podium and close on Brown and Kouzka placements.

After 4 events, we have a lot of ties. So battle on to Trophee Bompard:

1st: Totentanz, snowflake, Sam-Skwantch, lightsout, HR4,gallavich, 176 points!
2nd: Mentalopes, CaroLiza_fan, 170 points!
3rd: StitchMonkey, Pippuripihvi, guenever, el henry, Eclair, 165 points!
4th: WoChair, semosk8fan, [email protected], Poice,katmari, FSGMT, FIREBIRD, demarnis5,darazam, Danja, 160 points!

Still waiting on the pairs results (and obviously overall round results), hope to get those to you shortly.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THE MEN!!

Well, what can I say. Not a great week for scores. That said, the silver lining is that our winners shine even more!!

GOLD: gravy (60) -- Four out of 5 predictions right! Impressive. :)
SILVER: CaroLiza_fan (55) -- Got the podium correct!
BRONZE: Eclair (50) -- 2/3 on the podium and close on Brown and Kouzka placements.

After 4 events, we have a lot of ties. So battle on to Trophee Bompard:

1st: Totentanz, snowflake, Sam-Skwantch, lightsout, HR4,gallavich, 170 points!
2nd: Mentalopes, CaroLiza_fan, 170 points!
3rd: StitchMonkey, Pippuripihvi, guenever, el henry, Eclair, 165 points!
4th: WoChair, semosk8fan, [email protected], Poice,katmari, FSGMT, FIREBIRD, demarnis5,darazam, Danja, 160 points!

Still waiting on the pairs results (and obviously overall round results), hope to get those to you shortly.

WOW!!!!! I think that's the first time I've ever got a medal!!! :cheer: :rock:

And with the way things have been going so badly for me in the Game as a whole, I am finding it hard to believe that I am currently on any of the overall podia! :eek:

You sure you've counted right...?! :laugh:

Just one thing I should point out. You've accidentally said in your summary that the leaders in the overall Men's Game have 170 points (i.e. the same as me and Mentalopes). They actually have 175.

But, well done to everybody who is doing well in the Prediction's Game as a whole. As I said in another thread, this season's GP Series must be the most unpredictable ever!

CaroLiza_fan

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I think I should have 40 for men, not 35, right? Sorry for being a nitpick :slink:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Wow I've got a small gold medal for Ice dance at COR :yay:

And leading for total scores of Men :shocked: :cheer:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm still in the Top 25! Considering my great uncle, who was a Romanian gypsy and read my palm, once told me, "You might as well just burn your money than gamble. You have no luck that way," I feel like this is a Pom Pom worthy moment and I'm enjoying it before the next scores get posted and I wind up in 71st place!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think I should have 40 for men, not 35, right? Sorry for being a nitpick :slink:

Can you do me a favor? Can you send me a PM and tell me what page your predictions post is located? I'll check it when I have a chance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wrapping up the round with Pairs!

Pairs was probably the most predictable, though nobody was perfect, many of you came so close!

Our top scorers were:

GOLD: zinger003, Totentanz, sequinsgalore, satine94,Mentalopes, Debrah, alebi, 96skiluvr with 65 points!

SILVER: mimtang, Lydia1703,lightsout, lighthouse, invisiblespiral,HanDomi,gnom, flutz16, enlight78, demarinis5, burntBREAD and andyjo24 with 60 points!

BRONZE: 18 of you: YesWay, WeakAnkles,TMC, SubRosa, shingalas, semosk8fan,rosacoton,Pippuripihvi,MsLiinaLii, mis751,MalloryArcher, FreeAgent, elif, darazam, cjmorton29, CanadianSkaterGuy, ArcticMonkeys and Alba!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

After 4 rounds here are our top scorers for Pairs

1st: rosacotton (250)
2nd: Mentalopes, darazam (245)
3rd: semosk8fan, ArcticMonkeys, alebi, 96skiluvr (240)
7th (tied): tulosai, Totentanz, shingalas, sequinsgalore, FSGMT (235)
12th (tied): SubRosa,MsLiinaLii, lightsout,katmari, HanDomi, burntBREAD (230)

:party:

Hit me up by PM if your feel your score is incorrect. Please link to your predictions post so we can quickly check!

And next up...the overall winners!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And now the winners of the Rostelecom Cup round!

GOLD: Mentalopes (205)
SILVER: satine94 (190)
BRONZE (tie): WoChair, Totentanz, Police, lightsout, alebi

Congrats and great job! This round was especially crazy, nice job to the winners for figuring it out.

:clap: :hb: :party:

And after 4 events here is the overall standings (Top 24; i.e. the number of men/women who make it to the FS, haha))
1.) Mentalopes (815)
2.) alebi (800)
3.) HR4 (790)
4.) sequinsgalore and burntBREAD (785)
6.) [email protected] and HanDomi (780)
8.) katmari (775)
9.) darazam and 96skiluvr (770)
11.) gallavich, el henry and ArcticMonkeys (765)
14.) semosk8fan, Sandpiper,CanadianSkaterGuy (760)
17.) Snow63,shingalas, rosacotton and FSGMT (755)
21.) WeakAnkles, lightsout, and cjmorton29 (750)
24.) Totentanz and Poice (745)

Check out the full scoreboard at http://bit.ly/GPpredictions2014. (Which has received 666 clicks so far. Hope that's not an omen for the next round :slink:)

Onward to TEB!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Congrats and great job! This round was especially crazy, nice job to the winners for figuring it out.

And after 4 events here is the overall standings (Top 24; i.e. the number of men/women who make it to the FS, haha))
1.) Mentalopes (815)
2.) alebi (800)
3.) HR4 (790)
8.) katmari (775)

Check out the full scoreboard at http://bit.ly/GPpredictions2014. (Which has received 666 clicks so far. Hope that's not an omen for the next round :slink:)

Onward to TEB!

I just made it 667 (unless someone has beaten me to it), because I oppose evil in ALL forms! Even cyber ones! Bwahahahahahaha!

Ooh--a bronze. And 5 points away from top 20. Woohoo!

alebi

Medalist
O M G :jaw: I got a bronze in this round after an indecent ladies prediction, a disastrous men prediction and an inadequate dance prediction... I'm going to light a candle for the pairs :laugh:
and second overall... that was really unimaginable wow :eek:

Thank you so much for your hard work guys, I think when the results are so messy it's even more difficult to count

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

1.) Mentalopes (815)
2.) alebi (800)
3.) HR4 (790)
8.) katmari (775)

Onward to TEB!

Thanks Mrs. P. Why you scored pairs this time? I hope everything okay.

And 60 points behind the leader? Too much. I guess I can hope for Top 10 overall at best :yes:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That was a rough outing for skaters and players! Thanks again to the scorers for making this frustrating but fun game possible.