Help! Unable to watch ISU channel | Golden Skate

Help! Unable to watch ISU channel

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay right now I can't access ISU channel. YouTube flashes a message at me that disappears before I can read it and freezes my screen. What is this? I've never had problems before!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are you using a VPN? Which one? What device and browser? Where does it think you are?

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Okay right now I can't access ISU channel. YouTube flashes a message at me that disappears before I can read it and freezes my screen. What is this? I've never had problems before!
Try using the Opera internet browser with its inbuilt VPN set to 'Europe'. That worked for me for Skate America and Skate Canada (after which the ISU finally woke up to the fact that no-one has the broadcasting rights for the UK and they therefore shouldn't have been georestricting us in the first place). You need to turn the VPN on before navigating to the ISU youtube page.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you using a VPN? Which one? What device and browser? Where does it think you are?
vpn = yes, a very good one, a pc, mozillla, netherlands. The problem is with my ad blockers from what I can read in the fraction of a second message I get.

Here is an article I found, apparently this is the new way to stop us from watching skating.
The War on Skating is alive and well.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
vpn = yes, a very good one, a pc, mozillla, netherlands. The problem is with my ad blockers from what I can read in the fraction of a second message I get.

Here is an article I found, apparently this is the new way to stop us from watching skating.
The War on Skating is alive and well.

https://lifehacker.com/youtube-ad-blocker-popup-1850934372

Ah, I had that message come up for me a couple of times last week when I opened a YouTube skating livestream in Opera. I had the built-in VPN switched off, and the built-in ad-blocker switched on (I didn't even know Opera had an ad-blocker until I had to disable it to watch the NRW Trophy on a diffferent streaming service a couple of weeks ago! :p ). But, I was able to just close the pop-up without having to make any changes to my settings.

Funnily enough, it hasn't appeared this week.

But, from reading that story you linked to, it sounds like it is going to become a big issue.

CaroLiza_fan