Hotels | Golden Skate

Hotels

jayta78

Spectator
I have a couple of choices for hotels, as I booked rooms in advance. Where is everyone staying? I am also wondering if anyone knows what the skaters hotel is?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a couple of choices for hotels, as I booked rooms in advance. Where is everyone staying? I am also wondering if anyone knows what the skaters hotel is?

The official hotel is the Double Tree. I am at the Marriott Residence Inn. I understand it is already sold out. I think it sold out quickly because it's within walking distance of the arena.

loopy1217

Rinkside
I am also wondering if anyone knows what the skaters hotel is?
I also want to know! I hope they are in Residence Inn.....:)

I understand it is already sold out. I think it sold out quickly because it's within walking distance of the arena.

I just check the app, looks like there is still availability in residence inn, I’m guessing those are the ones who cancelled last minute:) go before it is sold out again!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

loopy1217 mentioned that there was availability, and I checked this evening, just out of curiosity. There was availability, and the price I saw today was cheaper than the price I got back in May! The main thing though is that it's within walking distance of the arena. Last year when I went to Sk Can, after the competitions I waited more than an hour for a cab.

ETA -- When I arrived at the hotel, I asked for the cheaper price and they gave it to me. Saved about $80!

jiawen2016

On the Ice
I just booked a 2 QUEEN BEDS NONSMOKING room at the official hotel DoubleTree from Saturday 10/28 - 10/29. According to the official announcement, the closing banquet will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 22:00 – 01:00 in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina – Capital Ballroom.
The total cost is C$216.60, or about $171 USD, which includes breakfast and wi-fi. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in splitting this room with me. Please private message me if you're interested. Thanks!

loopy1217

Rinkside
loopy1217 mentioned that there was availability, and I checked this evening, just out of curiosity. There was availability, and the price I saw today was cheaper than the price I got back in May! The main thing though is that it's within walking distance of the arena. Last year when I went to Sk Can, after the competitions I waited more than an hour for a cab.

I learned few years ago that hotel prices change over time. So I start booking refundable ones early and check back the prices from time to time. This residence inn also have a higher prices in June and then it change to lower last month or so.

I just booked a 2 QUEEN BEDS NONSMOKING room at the official hotel DoubleTree from Saturday 10/28 - 10/29. According to the official announcement, the closing banquet will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 22:00 – 01:00 in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina – Capital Ballroom.
The total cost is C$216.60, or about $171 USD, which includes breakfast and wi-fi. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in splitting this room with me. Please private message me if you're interested. Thanks!

So I didn’t realize the banquet is in doubletree but are fans allow or only skaters can attend?