How nervous are you when you watch your favorite skaters perform? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How nervous are you when you watch your favorite skaters perform?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it depends on the competition and if I've seen the reports online before hand

normally I bit my knuckle (right index finger is the main victim) until it bleeds if it's one of those close competitions

like Evan's performances at the Olympics... or Jamie and David's LP at the Olys...

or the men's event at this year's US Nationals... at least with that I was focusing on taking photos so I couldn't bite down on anything lol

RD - I think you'd find more excitement if you didn't just watch the ladies. there are three other disiplines that can be quite exciting.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Watching any competitive skate live is always scarrrrrry. Actually, I love watching terribly inconsistent skaters, except for Czisny of course, because there's not that much of expectation to begin with. If they don't fall, what a pleasant surprise!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Great question - I never really thought about it, but truthfully I tend to skate along with the skater.

Not big sweeping moves or gestures. Just subtle ones, like pulling in a bit to help increase rotation or sinking into my seat when the skater needs a smooth deep knee bend on a landing. I also find myself tilting ever so slightly during spirals, to help the ladies get a deeper edge. All these moves are very small, but my body instinctively tries to help. Pretty funny now that I think about it.:laugh:

JW

I saw Brian Orser doing all these as Yuna skated. It was very cute.