I, Tonya (2018) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

I, Tonya (2018)

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I remember American late night shows would do comedy skits on Nancy Kerrigan crying out, "Why, why, why." Hollywood's been running out of ideas to make movies, lol. I think America should leave Tonya Harding alone. And Margot Robbie looks nothing like Tonya Harding, but I can see how they'll transform her to look like Tonya, with the french braided hair. I will probably watch it if it comes out on netflix or find another way to watch it, lol, but I wouldn't pay to watch it at the theater.

anyanka

Record Breaker
If this is going to be on TV I'm throwing a viewing party. If this is at the cinema I'm hosting a girls' night out. I am very, very, very interested in this!!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Alena Leonova should have a cameo role in this movie, wearing this season's short program costume, of course. :devil:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I remember American late night shows would do comedy skits on Nancy Kerrigan crying out, "Why, why, why." Hollywood's been running out of ideas to make movies, lol. .

Remember the Warner Brothers cartoon show Anamaniacs? They used to rag on Nancy and Tonya all the time. :laugh: Back when I was a kid in the 90s, I always thought it was so cool that they were referencing figure skating. Of course, all the "hidden" adult jokes flew over my head then. A few months ago I watched a few episodes and I was busting a gut laughing every time they mentioned Nancy or Tonya.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
The arms are overkill.... The actress is the usual thin type, you would think the makeup dept. would do a better job trying to get the proportions close.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Ugh, they made her look chubby instead of fit. Not accurate at all. They should have found an actress with a muscular build.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The arms are a bit much, but I don't think she looks that chubby. We'll have to see how she looks in Tonya's skating costumes.

I also want to see if Margot will get the asthmatic cough right. One of the stupidest things I ever read about TH was that she was asthmatic but smoked cigarettes. I grew up with asthma and could never imagine smoking with that condition.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's so, so bad. Of course unless they wanted to make it farce. :unsure: :shock2:

whatif

Medalist
Ugh, they made her look chubby instead of fit. Not accurate at all. They should have found an actress with a muscular build.

She is supposed to be bulky/chubby as this look is for her later life when she was boxing I believe?

noskates

Record Breaker
I, for one, am pretty tired and bored with this story and can't imagine what the purpose was to subject people to it again. It was seamy in real life and still is. I always felt sorry for Nancy Kerrigan because I dont' think she deserved what happened to her but Tonya was always a trainwreck. It was just a matter of time before something happened around her. I will never believe she didn't have something to do with this incident. I'd rather have a root canal than watch this program.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I, for one, am pretty tired and bored with this story and can't imagine what the purpose was to subject people to it again. It was seamy in real life and still is. I always felt sorry for Nancy Kerrigan because I dont' think she deserved what happened to her but Tonya was always a trainwreck. It was just a matter of time before something happened around her. I will never believe she didn't have something to do with this incident. I'd rather have a root canal than watch this program.

I agree with you there on the Tonya/Nancy story, it's so overdone. The only thing I would like back surrounding that happening would be the burst of figure skating's popularity (all of the skating on television, in the media, several touring shows that did more than 5-6 tour dates, etc.)

lyndichee

Medalist
Yeah, the thing is, they're shooting the movie now...not two years ago.

Liza could maybe double for the times Tonya fell on her 3A

If you don't believe in Liza anymore that's fine but you don't have to be condescending and dismissive.

Liza is still practicing the 3A. It might not be 2 years ago however since she has no major competitions, she can focus on this jump for the movie. It might even give her more motivation for Olympic season.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMK7vyflV-J/?taken-by=liza_tuktik

Last edited: