IOC/OAR/ROC Info | Page 14 | Golden Skate

IOC/OAR/ROC Info

russianfan

Match Penalty
Yeah, after a plastic surgery he decided right away to show his new face to the whole world. :biggrin: I only hope that real Rodchenkov is still alive, there is a chance that in 20 years we will know the truth after all.

That's my favorite part :biggrin: Totally makes sense to do a plastic surgery just to show your "new" face to the whole world right after :palmf: :palmf: :palmf:

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/43021649

A Russian speed skater might get into trouble for his comments after he was awarded the bronze medal
That would really be adding insult to injury. Man, how hard does Russia need to be humiliated? Isn't it enough that we hear every day how devilish their president is? Isn't it enough that our history books never mention the very fact that Russia liberated Europe in both world wars? Is it really never enough? Does the country need to disappear before the West will be satiated??

colormyworld240

Medalist
http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/43021649

A Russian speed skater might get into trouble for his comments after he was awarded the bronze medal

Looking at the conditions that the given to the Russian athletes, I don't think they will do anything about it. Nothing he said directly breached the "spirit" or anything. He didn't say he dedicated his medal to Russia or the flag. He kept it vague and although we knew what he was referring to, he didn't say anything that wasn't allowed. If the IOC does take action, it will just make them MORE sketchy, like keeping Stolbova and Bukin out of the games without reason.

Naya

On the Ice
Looking at the conditions that the given to the Russian athletes, I don't think they will do anything about it. Nothing he said directly breached the "spirit" or anything. He didn't say he dedicated his medal to Russia or the flag. He kept it vague and although we knew what he was referring to, he didn't say anything that wasn't allowed. If the IOC does take action, it will just make them MORE sketchy, like keeping Stolbova and Bukin out of the games without reason.

I think kinda funny how some brief words will be analyzed by "experts" - it sounds ridiculous. Elistarov competed in Sochi, right? I'm still sorry for Viktor Ahn, not inviting him was an arbitrary decision...

Blondie12

On the Ice
have any russian athletes won gold yet? I wonder if the ladies will be the first (and only?). i wonder if they will make some sort of political statement - like mouth the words to russian anthem or something. I don't see zagita doing that but EM seemed to be involved in being used by the russians to comment on the doping before olympics. Nothing direct but i wonder if they will have them do something since there will be alot of media attention on whoever wins that gold. I think they will find it deeply humilating to hear the olympic anthem.

it's striking though if they have so few medals at this point, especially gold medals. All the biathlon and cross country medals are going to norway, france, etc.

Blondie12

On the Ice

what could they really do if someone did do something? take the medal away? if one of the russian ladies win decisively it's going to be a big controversy if they say something and then take action against the athlete especially if the athlete is a teenager who skates two lights out performances as one if not both of them are likely to do. Take the gold away from a crying teenager who was 11 years old when the sochi doping occurred? Even Leslie Jones in her twitter jokes noted how when she saw Zagita that she was light years above everyone else. Plus it would see to go against our notion of free speech. That's why i wonder if the ladies skaters will be the tool for the russians to express outrage since they may have more leeway to get away with it (as opposed to an older russian athlete who barely wins). They did have EM talking about this stuff before olympics.

colormyworld240

Medalist
what could they really do if someone did do something? take the medal away? if one of the russian ladies win decisively it's going to be a big controversy if they say something and then take action against the athlete especially if the athlete is a teenager who skates two lights out performances as one if not both of them are likely to do. Take the gold away from a crying teenager who was 11 years old when the sochi doping occurred? Even Leslie Jones in her twitter jokes noted how when she saw Zagita that she was light years above everyone else. Plus it would see to go against our notion of free speech. That's why i wonder if the ladies skaters will be the tool for the russians to express outrage since they may have more leeway to get away with it (as opposed to an older russian athlete who barely wins). They did have EM talking about this stuff before olympics.

Yes, I think they could take her medal away if they mouthed the words, as stupid as that seems. They were given a vert strict set of rules to not mention anything "Russian" to compete, so I think if they did anything against that, their medal would be taken away, regardless of doping, which is so dumb because they would have won it fairly regardless. Her name is Zagitova, not Zagita, btw. But I don't think either of them would risk it.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
have any russian athletes won gold yet? I wonder if the ladies will be the first (and only?). i wonder if they will make some sort of political statement - like mouth the words to russian anthem or something. I don't see zagita doing that but EM seemed to be involved in being used by the russians to comment on the doping before olympics. Nothing direct but i wonder if they will have them do something since there will be alot of media attention on whoever wins that gold. I think they will find it deeply humilating to hear the olympic anthem.

it's striking though if they have so few medals at this point, especially gold medals. All the biathlon and cross country medals are going to norway, france, etc.

No actually! In fact OAR is only just above Australia in the medal standings at 19th with 2 silvers and 7 bronzes (Australia has 2 silvers and one bronze).

But yeah, Ladies figure skating is more than likely to bring a gold so I wonder what will happen!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No actually! In fact OAR is only just above Australia in the medal standings at 19th with 2 silvers and 7 bronzes (Australia has 2 silvers and one bronze).

But yeah, Ladies figure skating is more than likely to bring a gold so I wonder what will happen!

The Russian hockey team has chance to win..They beat the US team 4-0! :laugh::thumbsup: they are first right now

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
it is being reported that a Russian curling athlete has tested positive for Meldonium of all things. Here's an article with the latest updates: https://www.insidethegames.biz/arti...-bronze-medallist-reportedly-fails-drugs-test

It was first reported by Sport Express. This reporter has a few tweets about it:

https://twitter.com/ZelenovZ/status/965148280525963266

A weird story. His detected meldonium level in blood is very high - much higher than the threshold. Meldonium has nothing to do with performance but stays in the body for months and easily detectable. We are talking about curling - "the chess on ice". There are only 2 explanations: the guy is a complete idiot or it's a provocation. Olympic athletes from Russia should eat and drink only from hermetically sealed containers - it looks like that to me