Is there a way to ask for ignoring posts for a user with a moderator status? | Golden Skate

Is there a way to ask for ignoring posts for a user with a moderator status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No. But you don't have to read what a mod puts if you don't like their opinion(s). Just skip past it ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
No. But you don't have to read what a mod puts if you don't like their opinion(s). Just skip past it ;)
I know, but they post a lot and everywhere, with the tone/attitude/vibe itself of their posts rising my hackles even if I scroll past their avatar asap. Basically, it's not what they are saying, it's how they are. People do rub you the wrong way sometimes, making it insufferable to be in the same space. The ignore feature on the net is a godsend that specifically makes it possible to skip over a person's posts, making the experience more pleasurable and takes away a constant irritant like that makes thing less smooth. Ignoring one of the moderating team doesn't prevent moderating, since there are many others. I really would do anything to get this person's posts invisible. I am a frequent user of such features that makes social media a good place to be. I accept that not everyone is going to like everyone, and press ignore. But this person's moderator's status is making it impossible to ignore them and live in peace.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm still trying to figure out how to mute the Speakeasy. I use "latest posts" to keep up with stuff across multiple forums, but I really don't care to see these threads in my feed.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm still trying to figure out how to mute the Speakeasy. I use "latest posts" to keep up with stuff across multiple forums, but I really don't care to see these threads in my feed.
I am pretty sure I could ignore threads before, but I can't quickly find that option now.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know, but they post a lot and everywhere, with the tone/attitude/vibe itself of their posts rising my hackles even if I scroll past their avatar asap. Basically, it's not what they are saying, it's how they are. People do rub you the wrong way sometimes, making it insufferable to be in the same space. The ignore feature on the net is a godsend that specifically makes it possible to skip over a person's posts, making the experience more pleasurable and takes away a constant irritant like that makes thing less smooth. Ignoring one of the moderating team doesn't prevent moderating, since there are many others. I really would do anything to get this person's posts invisible. I am a frequent user of such features that makes social media a good place to be. I accept that not everyone is going to like everyone, and press ignore. But this person's moderator's status is making it impossible to ignore them and live in peace.

Perhaps you can work out your "differences" in private instead of canceling someone in public?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
True mod actions should be reserved for special mod profiles and such should be always visible, but subjective and personal comments are completely different story. There is a difference between traffic cop on the crossing and when he goes to the cinema as a private person.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"subjective and personal comments"?

Mods are people and have opinions too. However, if you see a post by a mod that you feel violates the forum guidelines, feel free to report the post. Otherwise just jump over them and move on. Trying to publicly crucify a mod for their personal opinions isn't going to help your cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.