Isabella Flores & Ivan Desyatov | Golden Skate

Isabella Flores & Ivan Desyatov

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Isabella Flores (born 30 April 2003) and Ivan Desyatov (born 6 February 2001) are an ice dance team representing the U.S.

Isabella previously skated with Dimitry Tsarevski, with whom she won silver at the 2021 JGP Courchevel II and 2021 JGP Baltic Cup.

Ivan previously represented Belarus with Ekaterina Andreeva, with whom he was the 2022 Belarussian Junior Champion.

ISU Bio: not yet available

Rink Results:
Isabella: http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=35870
Ivan: http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=32446

Skating Scores: https://skatingscores.com/usa/dance/isabella_flores_ivan_desyatov/

Social Media
Instagram

Isabella: https://www.instagram.com/isabellaflores_/?hl=en
Ivan: https://www.instagram.com/1chirik0/?hl=en

ISU Personal Bests

not yet available

Programs
2023-2024

RD: "Pour Some Sugar on Me," by Def Leppard; "When Doves Cry" by Prince; choreo by Massimo Scali
FD: West Side Story soundtrack; choreo by Kaitlyn Weaver

2022-2023
RD: "Tiburon” by Projecto Uno; “03 Bonnie & Clyde” by Jay-Z and Beyonce
FD: “I Love You-Acoustic” by Woodkid; “Solas” by Jamie Duffy

Results
Videos linked in results

Articles, Interviews etc
FLORES & DESYATOV: OUR GOAL IS TO BREAK BARRIERS

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
That's a very good article about Bella & Vanya, posted above. It's from icedance.com, an excellent site for all things ice dance. They were interviewed last fall, in the lead-up to U.S. figure skating's Ice Dance Challenge, where they placed second behind Zingas/ Kolesnik (making them eligible for U.S. Nationals, where they ultimately placed 10th, but were 8th after the RD).

Bella/ Vanya have not announced their 2022 - 2023 RD, but it appears that Bella included some choreo training clips from their 80s-themed RD on her Instagram. Recently, Bella also posted excerpts from their new FD, music from West Side Story, choreographed by Kaitlyn Weaver. It looks to be fun and very romantic. 💓

In addition, below is a two-year-old interview Bella gave to a fan who has a YouTube podcast:

Bella sounds so modest and very youthful in this interview (she was 18 at the time). It seems she's grown up a lot in two years, especially in the aftermath of the adversity she's faced. Surely, she's much more confident in herself and in her career direction at this point, with her new partner. 👍

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Thanks @moonvine. I came here to post the gofundme link too. Glad you did already. 👍

Hopefully, things will work out so Bella & Ivan can skate internationally this season, and have the opportunity to build their career together! ⛸️ 🥰

Meanwhile, sharing below this fun, instructive video of Ivan Desyatov demonstrating how he laces and ties up his bootstraps. He's fast and efficient, but that comes from the necessary, daily repetition of tying up boot laces, as a figure skating athlete. The clip is filmed by Bella Flores. 💗 Such great teamwork! It's cute how Ivan has his pants legs slightly rolled up for daily practices, revealing part of his lower leg tattoos. 😄 ✨

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ Thanks @moonvine. I came here to post the gofundme link too. Glad you did already. 👍

Hopefully, things will work out so Bella & Ivan can skate internationally this season, and have the opportunity to build their career together! ⛸️ 🥰

Meanwhile, sharing below this fun, instructive video of Ivan Desyatov demonstrating how he laces and ties up his bootstraps. He's fast and efficient, but that comes from the necessary, daily repetition of tying up boot laces, as a figure skating athlete. The clip is filmed by Bella Flores. 💗 Such great teamwork! It's cute how Ivan has his pants legs slightly rolled up for daily practices, revealing part of his lower leg tattoos. 😄 ✨

They are over 1/2 way there and word is still spreading. So I truly hope they will make it. I check every couple of days. $14k + in 5 days! Go Bella and Ivan!!!!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yep, the fundraiser is going very well, I'm happy to see. These two young skaters are superbly talented and very well matched. They sat out a year and they've worked extremely hard. They deserve to start competing internationally so they can gain a strong foothold as up-and-coming seniors.

The fundraiser started out hugely successful, raising over $9,000 in about 3 to 4 days. The amount steadily grew, then it slowed a little. But overall, there have been consistently steady increases helped by many small donations. Then, added to the larger gifts that some generous supporters are able to afford, the fundraiser has now reached just over $15.8K. This is amazing and wonderful. Hopefully, within the coming few weeks, Bella/Vanya will reach their goal. ✨️ They and their coaches have been expressing gratitude and thanks to everyone who are donating and rooting for them. 👍

I hope they can muster enough support to achieve their goal before the end of July. Putting all this anxiety behind them to concentrate on training and looking forward to competing on the GP in the Fall, will be great! 🥰

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bella/ Vanya's Gofundme has increased to just over $16.5K. They need another $8.5K to reach their goal. I'm rooting for them. :cheer:

Meanwhile, fans should check out Bella's and Vanya's Instagram accounts, especially Bella's. With the camera work help of Luke Wang, who skates pairs with her sister, Liv, Bella posts many entertaining clips of her training practices with Vanya. 🥰

From the training clips, it looks like Bella/ Vanya have some great programs this season. Their FD to West Side Story, choreo by Kait Weaver, was already announced. They haven't yet announced their RD music.

I wonder which domestic comps they will enter? It's still early stages of the summer off-season, but the new season should be fascinating for all disciplines.

Below, I discovered some entertaining videos of Vanya with his former partner (E. Andreeva), when he was 17 and she was 15. It was their JGP debut at Kaunas, where they repped Russia. Two years later, for the 2021 - 2022 season, they represented Belarus on the JGP, skating at Gdansk and at Courcheval II (the same events where Bella competed with her former partner, Dima T., placing 2nd). It shows how unpredictable the sport is in the strange way Bella/Vanya would become a team in Summer 2022, and end up being so well-matched. At age 17, Vanya was already very strong and accomplished.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bella/ Vanya today shared a clip from the first part of their new season RD! 🥰

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their GoFundme is up to $17,948 but has stalled badly with the last donation being 2 days ago.

midori green

On the Ice
The GoFundMe now says "The organizer has currently disabled new donations to this fundraiser." Hopefully that means with the $18,025 raised there, along with other sources, they've met their goal!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yep, F/D were probably working out the release once they removed the gofundme link from their Instagram bios a couple of weeks ago. This is great news! They have faced a lot of adversity and handled it well. Their contributors received direct thanks from Bella, via gofundme email.

I wish the Dallas Classic had made streaming available. The RD has been completed, but the scores are rather low generally. Maybe the scoring is attributable to being the first event of the season. I imagine scores will increase over the course of the season. It's also a small list of entrants (plus, Bratti/ Somerville withdrew).

It's definitely going to be an interesting season in ice dance. There's a lot of very good up-and-coming talent, with F/D a strong team in that mix. Without being able to see the Dallas event, it's hard to judge the scoring. Wolfkostin/ Tsarevski being in first is not necessarily surprising, as they are both quite talented individually -- and it helps them politically that they train at MIDA. Still, they are a very new team, and I haven't seen any info on their programs.

Bella/ Vanya behind W/T by 6 points in second gives pause because B&V appear to have an excellent RD program from their posted training clips. And B&V's scores are lower than what they received last season in their RD. I'm sure they will assess at the end of the event, and make tweaks where needed.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ With the protocols posted, it reveals that F/D received minus GOE on their twizzle sequence. Plus, there's a reference to them receiving 1 of 6 "violations for choreo restrictions." So, they will have to figure that out and make adjustments. That reference appears under "Majority deductions." I honestly don't understand a lot about ice dance, so I hope to learn more about the rules and gain a better eye. Certainly, I can tell the difference between more skilled skaters vs less experienced. But when the skill level is similar, it's harder to understand the distinctions. Some of the judging though, is based on politics, rep, and subjective perceptions.

With hugely talented Dima coming back to partner and rescue Katarina, it seems to me that they might get the SA tbd over Bella/ Vanya. It's still early yet, of course. Bella/ Vanya would have been the logical recipients though with Katarina & Jeffrey splitting. With Katarina luckily partnered with Dima, along with MIDA behind them, that changes the outlook. Anyway, Bella/ Vanya are fighters, and they should get senior B Challenger assignments, etc., in the absence of SA.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Isabelle and Ivan are going to the Egna Dance Trophy in Italy 8-11 February! I don't know if they got that assignment after the wonderful FD at US Nationals or before, but there will be ID-couples from 17 countries, so should be great for them!