ISU VOLVO CUP 22nd (7-10 november 2013) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

ISU VOLVO CUP 22nd (7-10 november 2013)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the video! Impressed that he can jump/walk with all those surgeries, not impress with the overall program. Slow, two foot skating, spins not the greatest, transitions (were there transitions?), standing and posing :sarcasm:. Still the best in Russia I cannot deny! Those music cuts by the way :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^If your theme is Best of Plushenko , o f course you pose!None does it better!

P
rotocols
Plushenko: Five jumps after the half mark!!!
:jaw:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I actually liked the music cuts... I was rather worried about that, actually, so I'm satisfied - and that's what matters to me. ;)

Matilda

Medalist
Lol at one judge giving him 9.50 for transitions. But omg those text-book jumps! And the undeniable presence and command on ice. The man is not a legend for nothing! :bow:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I saw a transition.:cool:
The doctor who did the surgery is about to get a big advertisment. I hope the screws are well and safe on his back. He certainly jumps better than last year at Euros.

gmyers

Record Breaker
^If your theme is Best of Plushenko , o f course you pose!None does it better!

P
rotocols
Plushenko: Five jumps after the half mark!!!
:jaw:

Total embrace of Halfway point bonus!!

If you are doing best of plushenko you have to include good 6.0 artistry! Some nice stillness and dramatic pause not all cop moves for moves sake!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The most important takeaway is this: Plushenko isn't some shrinking violet, terrified of success.

The program is definitely not his best; it's still a work in progress. But at the exact time of season when our American men (well, I should say the US men, since GS is so international) are flopping and flailing and failing to deliver, Plushenko skates the program, lands the jumps, and does so with some conviction. No... it wasn't perfect, but it beats every single US male performance I've seen this year... and by a LOT.

I'm sick of the lightweights. We need to infuse our US skaters with a healthy dose of Plushy's resolve.

hanca

Record Breaker
at least she landed her 3-3
but score is inflated, she has one ugly layback and would not get any + GOES on it

The quality of her skating, I believe her score is not inflated at all. She has very strong basics, she skated clean and landed 3F-3T. Also, L4 for both spins, L3 for step sequence. What more do you want from her! (I don't think she cares that you personally don't like her spin, if it is L4.)

ETA: She won. First in the SP and first in the FS. Nearly 60 points ahead of the nearest competitor. Well done, Serafima!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Over 190 points?! Even if that is inflated, that's insane! I cannot wait to see the fs protocols, and hopefully there will be videos of her eventually. This is her new personal best by like... over 20 points? And better than lipnitskaia's and radionova's junior pb's? Sheesh...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Over 190 points?! Even if that is inflated, that's insane! I cannot wait to see the fs protocols, and hopefully there will be videos of her eventually. This is her new personal best by like... over 20 points? And better than lipnitskaia's and radionova's junior pb's? Sheesh...

this is a B event. its not counted :rolleye:
as scores will always be inflated

her score in a JGP here would probably be in 179-180 range, I guess if she skates cleanly like here
but I doubt she will beat any of Medvedeva, Chen or Proklova in the JGPF

hanca

Record Breaker
this is a B event. its not counted :rolleye:
as scores will always be inflated

her score in a JGP here would probably be in 179-180 range, I guess if she skates cleanly like here
but I doubt she will beat any of Medvedeva, Chen or Proklova in the JGPF

It could be a good idea to look at her elements in the score sheet before you start making statements whether she would or would not beat Medvedeva and Proklova. She was beating them quite comfortably the whole last season and this season she struggled with her growth, so her jumps needed to adjust. It looks that she did not fall at all in this competition, so that means that she may have adjusted and found her balance again. Her spins and steps were high level so as long as she has adjusted, I can't see why she shouldn't be able to match their scores.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Not like that even really matters, even 180 points is still incredible and her PB by 15 points.

I haven't seen her skates in Volvo cup, but comparing the protocols of the SPs to Estonia cup, her PCS at least doesn't look inflated. It's 1.8 points higher in a clean program than it was in a program with a fall... She has higher levels, but she got positive GOE on everything she didn't fall in the JGP event as well. Might be -some- inflation, but even if we JUST look at the jump she fell in the JGP and got positive GOE on now, she would still be at over 60 points.

FS is really difficult to comment on as I haven't found the protocols yet.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It could be a good idea to look at her elements in the score sheet before you start making statements whether she would or would not beat Medvedeva and Proklova. She was beating them quite comfortably the whole last season and this season she struggled with her growth, so her jumps needed to adjust. It looks that she did not fall at all in this competition, so that means that she may have adjusted and found her balance again. Her spins and steps were high level so as long as she has adjusted, I can't see why she shouldn't be able to match their scores.

1 slower speed compared to Chen or Proklova
2 Her ugly layback is comparable to Tuk, in reality her spins and layback wont get much GOE
3 horrible bent knees technique

hanca

Record Breaker
1 slower speed compared to Chen or Proklova
2 Her ugly layback is comparable to Tuk, in reality her spins and layback wont get much GOE
3 horrible bent knees technique

Firstly, she is not any slower than Chen or Proklova. There was a reason why she placed 4th at senior nationals last year!
Secondly, I don't think neither she nor the judges give a damn about whether you like her layback spin. It gets her L4 so I don't think she will be changing it only to please you.
Thirdly, there is nothing wrong with bending her knees when she skates. That's supposed to be a good thing, not a bad one.

But whatever. You are quite known to start picking on a skater here and then won't give them break even when you are so obviously wrong. Who cares whether you like her or not, as long as she is getting the results.

Protocols are posted.
3F+3T, 3Lz , FCCoSp4, StSq4, 3F+1Lo+3S, 2A, 3Lo, 2A, LSp3, 3Lz+2T, CCoSp4 - Not bad at all, Serafima!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
her spins are weak, look at her laybacks and her beillman is non existent if he even tries it its level 1 like Tuks
aside from that, I did gave her credit for her 3-3 and clean skates did I disputed that ?

bent knees is good if its soft like Odas, she has stiff bent knees !