Ivett Toth | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ivett Toth

shoom1

Spectator
Hello! I'm pretty new here :biggrin: , I become a huge Ivett fan since her SP at Worlds ^^ I'm really happy to know she recovered, i was really scary of her injury :drama: but thank god she's better now.
Also, She ended 2nd after the SP at Santa Claus Cup! What a good comeback! Let's hope her FS goes well too :hap10:
As we expected, her SP is amazing, good choice, Ivett! :love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Hello! I'm pretty new here :biggrin: , I become a huge Ivett fan since her SP at Worlds ^^ I'm really happy to know she recovered, i was really scary of her injury :drama: but thank god she's better now.
Also, She ended 2nd after the SP at Santa Claus Cup! What a good comeback! Let's hope her FS goes well too :hap10:
As we expected, her SP is amazing, good choice, Ivett! :love:

welcome to GS and Ivett's fan fest!!! post often and long! :cheer:
her SP last year was indeed amazing and showed her strengths very well :love: her SP this season is very good too with so much room to improve, and i love her costume too :luv17: she knows how to dress herself :agree:

rumichi

Rinkside
I love her sp dress too, it fits her and the music really well!
About the fs dress though, I wasn't so sure if I liked it or not at first glance, because for me, from a far view it looked plain ( I was watching it on a mobile hone) but thank god I re-watched it on my laptop and now I can see why they chose this dress. The sparkles are very subtle, but it's definitely there, and it looks good on her.
I really really hope that she will be sent to the olympic games. ( At the moment I don't see that the other hungarian girl who fights for the place could beat her in any way, but I hate taking things for granted)

Jana

On the Ice
I love her sp dress too, it fits her and the music really well!
About the fs dress though, I wasn't so sure if I liked it or not at first glance, because for me, from a far view it looked plain ( I was watching it on a mobile hone) but thank god I re-watched it on my laptop and now I can see why they chose this dress. The sparkles are very subtle, but it's definitely there, and it looks good on her.
I really really hope that she will be sent to the olympic games. ( At the moment I don't see that the other hungarian girl who fights for the place could beat her in any way, but I hate taking things for granted)
Well, I don't like her free skate dress :( I can't help - plain, quite short skirt...

I want to see her during OG. But she should work on lot of things in her programs. But after such serious injury, it is okay! And nice to see her back in competition.

rumichi

Rinkside
Well, I don't like her free skate dress :( I can't help - plain, quite short skirt...

I want to see her during OG. But she should work on lot of things in her programs. But after such serious injury, it is okay! And nice to see her back in competition.

I can totally understand what you mean about her dress, that was my opinion too, until I've read this article here: link
It's in Hungarian, but I can translate the basic idea. It's an interview with Ivett's designers and they mention that it costs much to make a dress, especially because of the crystals, and that the hungarian competitiors in general does not have the same amount of resources to spend on the dresses as for example the russian figure skaters . So considering these facts I think we just have to settle with the dresses they create.
(Of course it does not mean that you can't form an opinion about the dress, I just wanted to make sure that you know the background story, too. :) )

rumichi

Rinkside
Interview with Ivett after her SP: she said that she was more nervous here than last year and it surprised her that she failed her first jump, because it's not a jump she pops on practices and she had to re-organise her sp because of it in her head.
About the music and her injury: her coach always tries to choose the music which fits the personality of the skater, this is why she got a rock music. They finished the choreography in may, but because of her injury she lost a good amount of time, so she had to make sure that the rehabilitation was fast enough so she could somehow compensate the time that had been lost due to the bone-break.
About the FS this saturday: She will have to take time and calm down a little bit after today, but she plans to have 6-7 triple jumps if everything goes according to the plans.
It was a rough excerpt, I will try to make a word-by-word translation when the broadcast becomes replayable! :)

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Interview with Ivett after her SP: she said that she was more nervous here than last year and it surprised her that she failed her first jump, because it's not a jump she pops on practices and she had to re-organise her sp because of it in her head.
About the music and her injury: her coach always tries to choose the music which fits the personality of the skater, this is why she got a rock music. They finished the choreography in may, but because of her injury she lost a good amount of time, so she had to make sure that the rehabilitation was fast enough so she could somehow compensate the time that had been lost due to the bone-break.
About the FS this saturday: She will have to take time and calm down a little bit after today, but she plans to have 6-7 triple jumps if everything goes according to the plans.
It was a rough excerpt, I will try to make a word-by-word translation when the broadcast becomes replayable! :)
Thank you so much. Her performance was just wonderful today, despite the mistakes.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
OMG yes! I'm so pleased just to see her competing again...
But on top of that, a kick-butt AC/DC program?!
Awesome! And great costume! She ROCKS!

Dying to see her skate that clean now...

\m/ ^_^ \m/

Jana

On the Ice
I am a bit upset how Czech commentators spoke about her during the SP.
Bad music choice - I really love the program, it fits her! But the mistakes destroyed the program. Then named her "one year" star who will never archive the last year results (like Kuchvalska, Joshi Helgesson). No one considered her injury (she got back to competition in December - Santa in Budapest and 4 Nats). She also changed the coach (I am not sure if it was planned or Julie jist left her).

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yeah, I completely disagree with those commentators, jeez. She's such a strong girl, to perform her jumps like she did at the Olympics after such an injury. I'm really inspired by her bc of her big personality. Started following her last year, and she always puts on a performance!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am a bit upset how Czech commentators spoke about her during the SP.
Bad music choice - I really love the program, it fits her! But the mistakes destroyed the program. Then named her "one year" star who will never archive the last year results (like Kuchvalska, Joshi Helgesson). No one considered her injury (she got back to competition in December - Santa in Budapest and 4 Nats). She also changed the coach (I am not sure if it was planned or Julie jist left her).

Saay whaaat?! Ivett's AC/DC program was the skate of the night!! Everyone loved it! I was a bit disappointed in her FS to be honest...I enjoy Carmen, but it seemed a bit same ol' same ol'

Why would the Czech commentators say such things? Unfair play.

I didn't know she had an injury either, so that makes her skates even more inspiring!

Jana

On the Ice
Well, she is competing 3 months? And she still has problems with her jumps. :( I'm not sure if "she was injured" is still an excuse. :( (Compared for example with Anna Duskova in pairs)

shoom1

Spectator
Well, she is competing 3 months? And she still has problems with her jumps. :( I'm not sure if "she was injured" is still an excuse. :( (Compared for example with Anna Duskova in pairs)

It's true, she has been struggling with her jumps even when her injury was completely healed, it's weird, she does better with Julia, i wish we could know why she changed coach :( Let's wait for a better season with her new coach

Tutto

Record Breaker
It's true, she has been struggling with her jumps even when her injury was completely healed, it's weird, she does better with Julia, i wish we could know why she changed coach :( Let's wait for a better season with her new coach

I don't want to sound negative but I really loved their partnership with Julia and was very sad to hear of coaching change. I get it that a lot is due to the injury but I couldn't help feeling that technically Ivett regressed under a new coach. Anyone heard anything re her plans for the new season? I also wish she tried a new choreographer

shoom1

Spectator
Hey y'all! apparently Ivett changed coach again? and training center?! Google translate isn't helping me but maybe this link will be useful, if someone understands something can please bless us with a summary? :bow:
Will it be good another coach change?