Jason Brown | Page 1009 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Plot twist : he gets a program from David Wilson. :sneaky:
Somehow, I don't think so. If he's going to go outside of Ro's choreo, I would guess maybe he would think of Shae Lynn or Marie France, but Ro and Jason work so well together and Jason is very loyal. Ro really challenges him and I think that's what Jason wants right now. He's going to focus on training this year. His message is different now. It's not the Impossible Dream anymore. I personally would like to see an upbeat program for this season. Something that Jason can stretch into and take advantage of his speed, transitions and elevate the jumps. And highlight his incredible spins. But different than what they've done in the past few years. Something with the intricacy and energy of Sinnerman would be interesting, but a totally different vibe and layout. Sinnerman was a masterpiece. That's the caliber of program I would love to see. Jason at his best can nail that and make a huge statement. Jason's best programs were out of his comfort zones at first, but he made them his own.

But that said, your suggestion made me giggle. It would be a plot twist!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Somehow, I don't think so. If he's going to go outside of Ro's choreo, I would guess maybe he would think of Shae Lynn or Marie France, but Ro and Jason work so well together and Jason is very loyal. Ro really challenges him and I think that's what Jason wants right now. He's going to focus on training this year. His message is different now. It's not the Impossible Dream anymore. I personally would like to see an upbeat program for this season. Something that Jason can stretch into and take advantage of his speed, transitions and elevate the jumps. And highlight his incredible spins. But different than what they've done in the past few years. Something with the intricacy and energy of Sinnerman would be interesting, but a totally different vibe and layout. Sinnerman was a masterpiece. That's the caliber of program I would love to see. Jason at his best can nail that and make a huge statement. Jason's best programs were out of his comfort zones at first, but he made them his own.

But that said, your suggestion made me giggle. It would be a plot twist!
This is why I called it a plot twist... without daring to evoke two new programs by another choreographer... Just unthinkable...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Today/tomorrow 28th at 9pm, one of the Notte Stellata 2024 shows will be broadcast on terrestrial TV, by Nippon TV, with the help of a new sponsor, Hosendo. The shows had already been streamed live on Hulu Japan, with archive accessibility from 11th to 18th, in addition of course to the viewing in the venue (3x6000 people), to the viewing live in dozen of movie theatres across Japan, and to Day 2 and Day 3 being (at the last minute) been allowed to be streamed live for a minimal fee on the Chinese version of TikTok. with 200k+ views the 9th and double the 10th.
That was a beautiful exposition of Jason Brown's (and other artists') talent, but somehow, only "those in the know", already interested in Figure Skating, had watched it. With a broadcast on terrestrial TV, at an hour of wide audience, I hope that Jason Brown appreciation will increase.
https://twitter.com/marika_yuzu/status/1772964781697159593

https://www.bs4.jp/nottestellata2024/

noskates

Record Breaker
No, just no to David Wilson. I think he's too conventional - same with Shae Lynn. I totally agree with Bookseller's post about the intricacy of Sinnerman and how it played to Jason's strengths. I just don't see anyone else who works on the same wavelength and challenges Jason more than Rohene. Of course my opinion and $5.95 will get you a latte at Starbuck's. :biggrin: (or have they increased in price) I think except for the first year in Toronto, Jason has made great choices working with his team. This is the time of year when I get anxious for time to pass so I can find out who is skating to what!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think he'll stick with Ro and I think Brian and Tracy are ok with that. But we'll see. He and Ro have come up with some incredible programs. Jason might choose to choreo his exhibition himself? But not for competition. I think he's got 2026 in Milan on his radar. So he'll want really incredible programs.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
That terrestrial broadcast of Notte Stellata seems to have been a huge success, if success can be measured by the number and duration of commercials intermissions.
From April 12th to April 17th, Notte Stellata 2024 Day 1 (I think) will be shown in movie theatres in the Fujian province of China. I don't think that they're likely to attracts people who never heard about Figure Skating, but I hope that they will show Jason Brown's (and others') skating for a better recognition among figure skaters by Figure skating public:
https://twitter.com/urnotkkris/status/1773675147284590843

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't David do his choreo the season he moved to TCC? The Simon and Garfunkel FS which was not one of more memorable programs.

David also did the choreo to Schindler's List, a more successful collaboration. David had no idea what Jason could do when he did the choreo for Simon and Garfunkel (and did not trouble himself to learn:scratch2: ) By SL, he did.

Jumping off and not directed at you, Jason will take learning the choreo more seriously this year. I highly doubt he is going to put himself in a situation where he needs to train intensely for a competitive season, but learning the choreo is difficult for him, so is now job one. I think he will use Ro until that day when he fully retires😭

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Didn't David do his choreo the season he moved to TCC? The Simon and Garfunkel FS which was not one of more memorable programs.
David did all of Jason's FS choreo for the first four years that he was at TCC. Ro did all of his shorts. I believe that using David was part of the agreement when he moved to Cricket. But Brian and Tracy liked Ro's short, so they kept it the first year and Jason continued to have him do his SP. Once that original 4 year agreement ended with the Olympics in 2022, and Jason went back into training for Nats, he used Ro for both. So using David is no longer part of the agreement apparently.

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
No one has mentioned the Tarzan program, but I assumed Jason would be using that for his long program since he hasn’t really competed with it.
Not thrilled because I don’t like the music and don’t think the audience can get very involved with it either. Hoping for a new short program and song though!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not think Jason will go back to Tarzan. Just a guess, but for a few reasons:

1. No matter how much he likes Millie and her taste in music, this is a program, and music, that needs to grow on you. Over the course of a full season. Which Jason has said several times he is not skating. He does not have the luxury of a “grow on you” program.

2. He needs programs that he can skate in shows. Adios worked so well by Worlds because he skated in shows. He needs a long like Impossible Dream that he can adapt for shows.

My wish (no one is asking me ;) )

1. A Sinnerman/Adios/Melancholy type SP, filled with special Rohene touches.

2. An upbeat LP, which he has not done in a while, A crowd pleaser. Doesn’t need as many special touches

And how wonderful that we are still talking about competitive programs for Jason in the year 2024:hap10:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No one has mentioned the Tarzan program, but I assumed Jason would be using that for his long program since he hasn’t really competed with it.
Not thrilled because I don’t like the music and don’t think the audience can get very involved with it either. Hoping for a new short program and song though!
His comment was that he's getting two new programs for competition and a new exhibition program as well. I just assumed that they are dropping Tarzan for now. It seems like it just didn't work. Once they get started actually working on choreo, that could change.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, Jasonites, what do we think this means?

Randi Strong (who does a lot of work at Champs Camp and with ice dancers, started out as a (not ice, just plain dance) dance coach, doing choreo for Jason?

Jason's tags with fans show that he has been in SLC for at least a week, maybe more, presumably training with Randi.

An exhibition? A competitive program? I am surprised. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Okay, Jasonites, what do we think this means?

Randi Strong (who does a lot of work at Champs Camp and with ice dancers, started out as a (not ice, just plain dance) dance coach, doing choreo for Jason?

Jason's tags with fans show that he has been in SLC for at least a week, maybe more, presumably training with Randi.

An exhibition? A competitive program? I am surprised. :)

He has said that he would like to work with some different choreographers. He enjoyed working on that duet with Shae Lyn, and he's complimented Randi Strong before. He's planning 3 programs, so why not two with Ro and one with someone else. Did anyone go to see Jason at Ice Chips? I saw one Instagram post showing him skating there. They had goosebumps.

YukiNieve

Rinkside
Jason did a short Q and A session in Montreal for his fans.

A few notes:
  • He intends to have new SP, FS, and EX for the next season.
  • He has been working to develop his own JB brand including T-shirts and jackets (He eventually wants to donate the proceeds to the charities)
  • He plans to show the new programs at Friends on Ice in Japan.
https://twitter.com/JasonBrownFP/status/1778511454540570909

YouTube Link:

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for the YouTube link, @YukiNieve. I have taken the liberty of embedding.

Sure sounds like Tarzan is not coming back, at least next year. He was asked straight out about it, and instead mentioned that he might bring back Adios. My guess is that Randi Strong may be the choreographer for the new exhibition, since Jason made a point to mention three new programs.

Also, taking a rest by skipping the summer show season: seems like it was much needed. Even if I'll miss all those show clips😭

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I ran across this interview while researching something else, I don't think it has been posted, but I apologize if it is a duplicate.

From January on Bol on Ice, an interview with an Italian host where Jason says after visiting Italy he really really really wants to go to Milano Cortina.:hap10:. . Three words to describe Tracy Wilson is also funny.

The interview starts at 2:50

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I ran across this interview while researching something else, I don't think it has been posted, but I apologize if it is a duplicate.

From January on Bol on Ice, an interview with an Italian host where Jason says after visiting Italy he really really really wants to go to Milano Cortina.:hap10:. . Three words to describe Tracy Wilson is also funny.

The interview starts at 2:50

I'm not sure that being an athlete at Olympic Games is the best way of discovering a country but I do wish him to go!