Jason Brown | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes it does. The second jump counts as a 1L even though it's more of a half loop.

Since they changed the scoring of that style of jump to a 3 jump combination rather than a 3 jump sequence, doing it in the 2nd half is the best way to maximize points for a 3 jump combo. Quite a few skaters (I suspect all that are able to do such a jump) are doing that style combo.

samson

Medalist
^And it's a great point building opportunity because it's essentially a way to do a second triple/triple combination without the second jump being a toe or a loop. That way a skater can avoid the serious risk of under rotating the loop, while also not having to repeat the toe if they're already doing say a flip/toe or lutz/toe combo earlier.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Yes it does. The second jump counts as a 1L even though it's more of a half loop.

If you want to get technical, the loop is fully rotated. It's just that the loop lands on the back inside edge in order to initiate the salchow.

samson

Medalist
I wonder how long it will be before someone makes it a double loop. The risk/reward doesn't seem worth it, but still, it would be impressive.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, how I wish we could send 3. I felt so bad for Max. :cry:

my heart was breaking looking at his sad, sad eyes. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But he is strong, and young yet, and finding his way, and he will go to Worlds with Jason and there will be three spots next year and my heart will be happier. And then they will have three spots for 2018, and then my dream Olympic team will be Max, Joshua and Jason, and Jason can be the seasoned veteran :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
I agree, but with the way scoring is today, a fall on a quad would be worth about the same or more of a clean, triple version of that jump.

Also, we talking about a kid who has being a steady learner and had progress throughout his career. The quad will come.

At this point, I want Jason to do his layout extremely clean (that means more speed on that second 3A so it isn't UR) and also, where's his three jump combo? why just 3t-2t and not 3t-2t-2t?

Maybe will get a quad. He's already had so much success without one! THat can continue like his success in Jrs without a triple axel.

Nothing in cop mandates a quad for gold in events.

Max Aaron demonstrates how his strong points are worth nothing in cop compared to Jason's strong points. 2 quads and 2 3a? Meaningless.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh, how I wish we could send 3. I felt so bad for Max. :cry:

my heart was breaking looking at his sad, sad eyes. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But he is strong, and young yet, and finding his way, and he will go to Worlds with Jason and there will be three spots next year and my heart will be happier. And then they will have three spots for 2018, and then my dream Olympic team will be Max, Joshua and Jason, and Jason can be the seasoned veteran :)

Agree with everything that Zamboni and karne said. And my hopes for the future are the same as karne's.

My heart also broke for Max. It was esp. painful to see his eyes filled with deep sadness because they usually are dancing with brightness and laughter.
On a positive note, Max has been tweeting support for his Team LM friends and finding inspiration in their stories.
I'm sure that he will be cheering for his many skater friends (from all countries) who will compete in Sochi, and that he is highly motivated to give 1000% for the U.S. at Worlds.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Agree with everything that Zamboni and karne said. And my hopes for the future are the same as karne's.

My heart also broke for Max. It was esp. painful to see his eyes filled with deep sadness because they usually are dancing with brightness and laughter.
On a positive note, Max has been tweeting support for his Team LM friends and finding inspiration in their stories.
I'm sure that he will be cheering for his many skater friends (from all countries) who will compete in Sochi, and that he is highly motivated to give 1000% for the U.S. at Worlds.

I honestly still don't know why some people don't like Max. He's such a positive person who seems to be a class act by default. I'll be rooting for him for sure in the next quad!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
YouTube video of Jason's hangout with U.S. Figure Skating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fI5p9N234

Conclusions
1.) He's really excited about going to the Olympics.
2.) He needs a hair product endorsement
3.) I would pay money to see Jason do Riverdance on Ice
4.) Oh, did I mention that he's really excited about the Olympics?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
YouTube video of Jason's hangout with U.S. Figure Skating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fI5p9N234

Conclusions
1.) He's really excited about going to the Olympics.
2.) He needs a hair product endorsement
3.) I would pay money to see Jason do Riverdance on Ice
4.) Oh, did I mention that he's really excited about the Olympics?

And the conversation/lovefest btwn Jason and the surprise guest, Riverdance dancer Padraic Moyles, was very enjoyable. :) Brought a tear to my eye that the Riverdancers are so excited for Jason and have such respect for him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And the conversation/lovefest btwn Jason and the surprise guest, Riverdance dancer Padraic Moyles, was very enjoyable. :) Brought a tear to my eye that the Riverdancers are so excited for Jason and have such respect for him.

I know that was TOO adorable. The amount of fanboying in that conversation was super endearing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The amount of "Oh my god" and "Oh my goodness" just made me laugh.

That whole hangout made me smile and laugh. Every time the host said "2014 Olympian Jason Brown," he was totally break into major excitement! Totally a nice way to unwind after sitting through a three-hour meeting about digital sign regulations. Jason is a whole lot more fun. ;)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Love that video! I especially enjoyed him talking through his free skate. I was struck by his comment about the programs having so much intricacy that he can only ever focus on the part he's doing right then, which means he isn't focusing on the jumps until he's actually doing them. That ability to be completely present and in the moment may really be a key part of his consistency.

noskates

Record Breaker
Totally enjoyed the video. But man does Jason seem to have alot of energy. Had to laugh when he was describing his ponytail routine. Saw a picture of him when he was a little boy and his hair is really curly. One of the many things I like about Jason's skating is he doesn't take half the rink to set up a jump. I've always felt that was so disruptive to a program.

I don't dislike Max. I think he's a class act but I feel like his style of skating just isn't my cuppa. I don't want to see jump fests and his choreography seems contrived and not natural for him. He's very athletic and not even a little bit graceful! But all things considered I thought he handled the results of Nationals in a very mature way even tho his heart was breaking. It's almost as if "the Elvis Stojko" style of skating is passe now. Max would have been a force to be reckoned with under the old judging system.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I watch the this so called sensational program to see what the hoopla was all about and really the only thing incredible was the super inflated score.

noskates

Record Breaker
Chairman Mao, I guess you had to be there. The score was definitely not inflated. It's probably one of the best LPs I've ever seen. It had it all. Do you have a different agenda perhaps? With 8 posts it kind of makes me wonder.

seniorita

Record Breaker
His program is the best among men this season, fresh, fast, so much connection to the audience, the choreography is amazing, when I saw it I thought he skates for 8 minutes, he does so many things in between and he has the most original transitions into jumps i have ever seen!
Try watch it without sound,;) you notice even more his choreography and the little litttle things that make it special.