Jason Brown | Page 692 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This had me wondering. This girl doesn't post much and prior to this, her last post was from June 9. Jason's hair also looks freshly cut like it did when he was in Oakland before. Could it be an old pic of Jason that she didn't post until now. :scratch2: The pic with Charlie is definitely current. I'm actually hoping it's current, because it would be nice to have fresh material. :)

I also wondered if it could be an old photo so I went back and checked the one's that were posted when Jason was there before. Jason isn't wearing this outfit in any of the old photos which makes me think this one is new. It also looks like she has the same outfit on in each photo and just removed the top layer in the 2nd photo. It could still be an old photo, but the thought of Jason working with Charlie on a program makes me happy so I'm hoping it's new. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Maybe Charlie is working on an exhibition skate with him? Though I did see a photo of Rohene with a skater at the rink a few days ago. No way to know when it was taken. When was that master edge class photo taken? He was definitely in Toronto for that.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
From what I can remember, the closest Jason has come to doing a SP at Sun Valley is Writing's on the Wall. It debuted at Sun Valley as an exhibition program but when the SP Jason had planned for the season (Appassionata) was nixed at Champs Camp, Kori suggested revamping Writing's into a competition program and that was approved.

A new Jason mystery:

From instagram: photo 2

Had the honor of meeting both Charlie White and Jason Brown!
Wow the other day was not a good hair day help

It appears Jason was back at the Oakland Ice Center a few days ago (some time after July 4th and before yesterday when he was back in Toronto).

What was he doing there?

Rohene is doing a show in Turkey (promo video) so Jason couldn't have been working with him.

Could Jason possibly have been working with Charlie White on a program?

Hmm. No idea about Jason + Charlie White, but I don’t think it’s impossible Jason was in Oakland to work with Ro.

The post you linked to shows clips from a Russian ice show called Ruslan & Ludmilla. It was produced by Tatiana Navka in Russia in 2017 and 2018, so the promo may not be recent. The Turkish theme park website only lists the show for July 16 even though the woman who posted apparently saw it (?) on 6/28 (date of post). Anyway, it’s absolutely possible you’re right and that Ro is in Turkey, but I don’t know if we can be sure of that.

@bookseller, if you’re talking about picture number 9 linked below (it was also in her Instagram story), that’s definitely not Jason.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz11vmqnJlY/?igshid=88scbjfnau8v

So for me, the mystery continues. :)

Ross74

Medalist
Hmm. No idea about Jason + Charlie White, but I don’t think it’s impossible Jason was in Oakland to work with Ro.

The post you linked to shows clips from a Russian ice show called Ruslan & Ludmilla. It was produced by Tatiana Navka in Russia in 2017 and 2018, so the promo may not be recent. The Turkish theme park website only lists the show for July 16 even though the woman who posted apparently saw it (?) on 6/28 (date of post). Anyway, it’s absolutely possible you’re right and that Ro is in Turkey, but I don’t know if we can be sure of that.

@bookseller, if you’re talking about picture number 9 linked below (it was also in her Instagram story), that’s definitely not Jason.

According to this article, the show runs from June 25 to Sep 30, 2019.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Michelle Hong posted a shot of her with Charlie at the rink. He seems to be doing some sort of seminar there for the skaters. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz11vmqnJlY/

There is a shot of Charlie from the back with a skater who looks suspiciously like Jason needing a shave in her instagram story. If that is Jason, he is in Oakland. https://www.instagram.com/coachmichellehong/

If you mean the second-last photo in the set from the first link, that's a yoga teacher named shindo, not Jason Brown, though it does look like him. I don't have magic powers, I just clicked on the picture and shindo's tag appeared. I clicked on the tag and found his instagram.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Here's more info on Rohene ...

A promo video (Rohene looks great) was posted yesterday by the Rixos Premium Belek hotel. The hotel website states the show is running between June 27th - September 27th.

Also, here's Rohene at a salon in Turkey 6 days ago.

It's certainly possible that Rohene could fly back to the states between performances or have a stand in if he has to miss a performance. You are right. We can't rule out that Jason might have been working with Rohene in Oakland. :)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Here's more info on Rohene ...

A promo video (Rohene looks great) was posted yesterday by the Rixos Premium Belek hotel. The hotel website states the show is running between June 27th - September 27th.

Also, here's Rohene at a salon in Turkey 6 days ago.

It's certainly possible that Rohene could fly back to the states between performances or have a stand in if he has to miss a performance. You are right. We can't rule out that Jason might have been working with Rohene in Oakland. :)

Nah, looks like you and Ross74 are right. I guess my research skills are failing me. :slink:

But if Jason flew out to Oakland just to work with Charlie, it seems a bit odd. It’s only two weeks until Sun Valley so if Charlie is doing a new ex (or two), it seems awfully late to start on them given Jason’s slowness learning new choreo. Unless of course they worked together earlier and this is just polishing.

I guess I wish we knew more about the competitive programs. Like, did he work with Ro on the SP just the one time? What’s going on with Schindlers List?

I feel like this is a crucial season for him and I’m starting to absorb some of el henry’s strict taskmaster persona. :devil:

@bookseller that’s the same photo, and as nana pat confirmed, it’s not Jason.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for clarifying. He does look more scruffy than Jason tends to look. So there seems to be no actual photos of Jason with Charlie in Oakland? Just Jason and the young woman?

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So there seems to be no actual photos of Jason with Charlie in Oakland? Just Jason and the young woman?

That's the mystery. :)

From the photos, we know Jason and Charlie were both at the Oakland rink recently. My questions are ... Did they work together or was it just coincidence that they were at the same place? And, if Jason didn't work with Charlie, did he work with someone else (possibly Rohene)? Finally, did Jason go to Oakland to work on new ex programs or something else?

I may join the el henry / Tavi strict taskmaster brigade if we don't find out more information! :devil: :laugh:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm with you on that. I think this is a crucial year for Jason and will impact how he is judged and what his prospects are for the next two years. He's at the one year mark in his new training situation, so the next 6 months will be very important. He's definitely improved in many facets of his skating, but he's got some mental hurdles to jump this year to get to where he wants to be. I hope that it is a great year for him. I'm excited to see the new programs and to see how he progresses. But most of all, I want him to have a positive, focused and joyful year.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Summer is heavy training time and it’s a 5 hour flight. So I can’t imagine him going without a good reason.

But what is that reason? The mystery continues. :drama:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taskmaster brigade here:devil:

As much as I would :luv17::luv17::luv17: for Jason to work with Charlie, flying out to Oakland for an exhibition seems a stretch. And in that photo with the skater he definitely has the "tight curls" look from June.

Jason is making this way too hard:laugh:

And I loooooove that costume from the Turkey show on Rohene. Although he is scheduled to be in England for the John Curry festival too. Man's sure getting around.:biggrin:

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
Hello everyone - long time no post!!!

If I'm not mistaken, Allysa Liu skates out of that Oakland rink (talked to her Dad at Nats) so I'm wondering if Charlie is helping choreograph her programs. BUT, that doesn't explain why Jason is there. Some years ago there was a show at that rink that included Jason, Rickey Dornbush, Max, Johnny Weir, and some others but as far as I know that was a one-time thing. Hmmmm.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello everyone - long time no post!!!

If I'm not mistaken, Allysa Liu skates out of that Oakland rink (talked to her Dad at Nats) so I'm wondering if Charlie is helping choreograph her programs. BUT, that doesn't explain why Jason is there. Some years ago there was a show at that rink that included Jason, Rickey Dornbush, Max, Johnny Weir, and some others but as far as I know that was a one-time thing. Hmmmm.

Welcome back:)

I think I am leaning to the explanation that Jason was only in Oakland in June, to train with Ro, and that the skater who included both Charlie and Jason photos (separately) took them at two separate times.

And fooled us all:gaah:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^ That was my first thought when I saw the photo actually... but hey what do I know. :laugh:

But the giveaway for me was 1.) the poster doesn’t update often and 2.) the lack of other mentions. I mean why wouldn’t Michelle Hong not mention it?

Last edited: