Jason Brown | Page 705 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Crikey I had no idea about the accident!! :drama::eekn: thank god it doesn't seem to have any serious consequence. Otherwise I would never forgive that driver who rammed into his car!!! Take care and stay safe Jason!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was so surprised to hear this accident news on TSL and couldn't believe I'd missed it. Sounds like it wasn't common knowledge though. Thank goodness he seems ok. I'm sure he's hard at work getting ready for Nebelhorn. So jealous of those of you who will be the first to see his Schindler's List!

Ross74

Medalist
So much for my excitement at seeing activity on Jason’ thread. :(. I’m glad he seems to be ok now but I wonder about Doug putting it out there. This is very personal information to reveal if Jason didn’t want it publicized.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
So much for my excitement at seeing activity on Jason’ thread. :(. I’m glad he seems to be ok now but I wonder about Doug putting it out there. This is very personal information to reveal if Jason didn’t want it publicized.

I was thinking this, too.

In the end, I am just glad he is doing well.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

To be honest, I think it’s kind of inevitable for this kind of stuff to come out, and I’m more surprised that it didn’t happen sooner.

We don’t actually know whether or not Jason was deliberately keeping the info private, but to the extent he didn’t want it revealed, it would have been a simple matter for him or his family to ask TCC staff and coaches to make sure no one discussed it. TCC certainly has enough experience with keeping Yuzuru-related info private, so I expect it would have been fairly routine.

Perhaps he did ask and this was a slip up. But we don’t really know that, and as an outsider at TCC (and as someone who isn’t Jason’s coach, employer, or medical provider), it simply may not have occurred to him to withhold that information when he was asked directly if he’d seen Jason skating during his trip to TCC.

And of course, it’s always possible he asked and was given Jason’s permission. :)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Count me in as shocked by the news. It does sound like Jason is doing better now though which is a relief. I'm sure his training is being closely monitored to protect his health.

I am eagerly looking forward to the debut of Jason's programs at Nebelhorn and of reading the reactions of his fans lucky enough to see the programs in person.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Just heard this news. I am glad he his back training and has recovered from his injuries.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It’s kind of funny that there is almost no mention of it anywhere else - I saw only one tweet that summarized it as “he had a concussion but he’s fine now,” with no questions about how it happened, no expressions of concern, and in fact, no responses at all. That was it. Not sure if it’s because no one listens to TSL or because people think it was no big deal, but I do find it odd that Dave failed to ask a follow up question or express any concern. In fact he seemed disinterested in anything except what Jason’s hair looked like and the state of his quads - not his finest moment IMO.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
It's likely worth remember that when a legal case is pending, you are often advised not to talk about it.

It is not hard to imagine there being a law suit in this case. It is not hard to imagine a lawyer telling Jason not to talk about it. And it is not hard to imagine that Dave, a paralegal by day, might see the nuance and not want to dive to far into a story involving pending litigation. It is very possible he already knew and also knew it is being kept quiet for a reason.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It's likely worth remember that when a legal case is pending, you are often advised not to talk about it.

It is not hard to imagine there being a law suit in this case. It is not hard to imagine a lawyer telling Jason not to talk about it. And it is not hard to imagine that Dave, a paralegal by day, might see the nuance and not want to dive to far into a story involving pending litigation. It is very possible he already knew and also knew it is being kept quiet for a reason.

You know I’m a lawyer, right? :)

Seriously, while I can understand a lack of follow up questions - mostly because I think Doug had already told them everything he knew, which wasn’t a great deal - I did find the lack of “oh my god how terrible, glad he’s okay” from either Dave or Jonathan a bit odd.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
You know I’m a lawyer, right? :)

Well that does make it easier to miss the obvious ;)

Honestly their reaction seemed more that they knew, they just were not talking about it. Still... i do wonder if part of the lack of comment is legal advise. Dave even made a comment in the comments about Doug making some interesting comments, I think he was just trying to move on and likely had a reason to. Given the news has leaked and still no comment... well i am leaning towards thinking Jason does not want it talked about for legal or other reasons.

Jason will be fine... this is not his first wreck, i can't be the only one to remember he wreck his car days before leaving for nationals in 2014. It appears he is being cared for well right now, that is the important thing.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason and concussion...two words I'd have been happy never to see in the same sentence as long as I lived.

I'm sure the people around me on the tram are wondering why all the blood left my face.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason and concussion...two words I'd have been happy never to see in the same sentence as long as I lived.

I'm sure the people around me on the tram are wondering why all the blood left my face.

Gosh, yes, I’m sure you couldn’t help but think of Josh. Hopefully Jason is fine and there won’t be any repeated symptoms. But I’m guessing they’ll go slow adding back quads so as to avoid falls.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would suspect they would go slow, and we know Jason can produce a masterpiece no matter the jumps:)

Also, as Doug H. was the first to say he’s not the medical professional, could it be that Jason was “just” on the protocol, and not diagnosed. :scratch2:

I will be taking U.b.e.r. for the first time in my life tomorrow (yes, I am old and stodgy ;) ) I’ll be looking out at intersections:eeking:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I would suspect they would go slow, and we know Jason can produce a masterpiece no matter the jumps:)

Also, as Doug H. was the first to say he’s not the medical professional, could it be that Jason was “just” on the protocol, and not diagnosed. :scratch2:

I will be taking U.b.e.r. for the first time in my life tomorrow (yes, I am old and stodgy ;) ) I’ll be looking out at intersections:eeking:

I've used the car service twice. So far, so good! Hoping reports of any maladies that may have befallen Jason are exaggerated! It is worrisome.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To make myself feel better, I just did some time zone conversions for Nebelhorn. Jason is very kindly skating at a friendly hour for a work night on the SP...but tears are now guaranteed for the FS as beyond the subject and the beauty of his skating, what will inevitably be nearly 4am for the FS will not help my emotional stability :laugh:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
To make myself feel better, I just did some time zone conversions for Nebelhorn. Jason is very kindly skating at a friendly hour for a work night on the SP...but tears are now guaranteed for the FS as beyond the subject and the beauty of his skating, what will inevitably be nearly 4am for the FS will not help my emotional stability :laugh:

4 AM in what time zone? I'll be in Mountain Time that weekend.

noskates

Record Breaker
Hey El - I take the "service that is not to be named" frequently and have never had a problem. When I was still in California :)sad4:) I used it all the time to get to and from the airports. Before every one gets too upset, there are certainly different levels of concussions and maybe Jason's was just precautionary and not too serious. Hopefully. Remember, I raised a rugby player and saw them all. I'm sure whatever it was maybe Jason's team felt it was nobody's business unless he was unable to skate or compete.

Hope we get video of Schindler's......

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
“Apparently he has a concussion” doesn’t really say much and certainty doesn’t definitively mean he had one. We’ll see how he is in a few weeks.

Last edited: