Jason Brown | Page 746 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
Just watched the replay - GORGEOUS! I feel like I just saw something very special. So happy for him.

Here's something interesting from the replay. In the NBC Gold commentary, when talking about his concussion, they said Jason was still experiencing symptoms as recently as December! I had no idea that was the case. Could that explain some of his inconsistent results?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I wonder if Tracy Wilson realized she represented so many of us as she sat in the K&C and hugged him :love:
I can't wait for the video to become available, so I can watch it on a loop as I waste a box after box of tissues.
Congratulations Jason, I can't say how proud I am of you. Montreal here he comes! :cheer:

mintx

On the Ice
I taped it and they had the Kobe press conference during Jason’s skate. I NEED video please! Ahhhhh! I’m sorry about Kobe I really am, but I need the Jason Video.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I taped it and they had the Kobe press conference during Jason’s skate. I NEED video please! Ahhhhh! I’m sorry about Kobe I really am, but I need the Jason Video.

Olympic channel replay here, Jason is on from 1 hour 45 mins. Turn off any adblockers to watch

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here's something interesting from the replay. In the NBC Gold commentary, when talking about his concussion, they said Jason was still experiencing symptoms as recently as December! I had no idea that was the case. Could that explain some of his inconsistent results?

Not to do the "I told you so" dance but this was what I was worrying about - goodness, I was still worrying about it until the SP! - all along. And I think it does. We know how bad concussions can be. We know they can destroy an entire career. That they messed with some early season results did not at all seem out of the question to me.

Ross74

Medalist
Not a surprise, but this tweet has Jason going to both Worlds and 4CC. https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/1221614207222853632?s=20

I actually wouldn't mind if he didn't go to 4CC. It's so soon, and so far away. I'd be happy if he could stay home and train for Worlds. But I guess it's more opportunity to put the programs out there in a competition setting. And at least Worlds is close, and not halfway around the world again.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm fine with him going to 4CC. It'll help him build momentum he badly needs and get his confidence up.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dropping in to say I'm thrilled for Jason's performance and silver medal. He really gave it all.

Glad I'm going to see him skate live in Montreal, looking forward to it!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Out of curiosity I went back and watched his nationals freeskate from 2018. I couldn’t finish it, he looked so lost and uncertain. It’s heartbreaking to watch. I had just rewatched this years FS and the difference in his skating is astounding. The command he has over every movement is an art.

Mostly- I’m happy to see him happy!

Ross74

Medalist
swans.jpg

Taking advantage of my image-uploading privilege this one time because I love this picture. Don't hate. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Honestly, if I didn't know, and they showed me all the skates of the men in the last group and said one was a classically trained ballet dancer, I'd say it was Jason, and no-one else.

You guys. I've watched it like 20 times and I keep noticing new details. The little lift of his chin in defiance during the choreo after the second 3A. The gentle sweep of his arms with the change in the music just before the choreo sequence. The longing skyward look during the step sequence. Oh god, it's so gorgeous. :cry:

Also, I love the 3Lo. It's so light and easy.

And I was thinking, remember, remember when we called the 3A the moon landing? And people (*COUGHDAVELEASECOUGH*) said he'd never get it? And now I compare them to Joshua's in my head all the time because they are so big and beautiful and secure.

i am having a lot of feelings right now. we love you jason.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A fan cam of his free skate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHQsY2Hq8CY

The US Figure Skating FS twitter video is really good quality! No commentary
https://mobile.twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/1221596731445579781

The whole of group three in the FS, from our Russian friend: commentary is Tara and Johnny.
https://ok.ru/video/1403171637889

Men's Short Press Conference
Jason had some interesting thingd to say here, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ctcV0211jM

But I thinkthe SP is as good as he can do with it
While I have watched the youtubes, I still have not had the chance to watch the whole competition, because I have family visiting .

I rea lly am so happy I can't talk about it just yet :love::hap10: :yes2:

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just listened to the press conference for the men's free skate and Jason had some really interesting comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjcGSTT444 .

Very interesting. I was not surprised that this level of performance was influenced directly by Rohene. You could see it in both performances, in the nuances and the flow. The strength and speed are all TCC, but Jason needs Rohene in his life as a skater. I hope very much that they get to work together before World's.

noskates

Record Breaker
I have no doubt with the success at Nationals that Jason's team will do whatever is necessary to have him prepared as possible. I do think that quad is going to be like the 3Axel. He had such a hard time with it for a few years and now it's like a no-brainer to him. The ice has been broken (metaphorically speaking) and with one slight under-rotated one under his belt I'm going to bet it's going to get more consistent for him. His rotation is soooo tight. You can really see the influence the Orser School of Jumping has had on him. I'm glad he's going to both post-Nat competitions. I think he gets more "into" the programs the more he competes them.