Jason Brown | Page 794 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't say anything about Jason's actual skate that hasn't been said before: but really, how does he do that? With no audience? On two days practice? Soooo beautiful....

But now I need to break the spell and say it: That music was the Piano meets the sound effects from Tristan & Iseult. I say with love, where does Rohene find these?

Rohene picks the best music. :)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
el henry, did you see what Sandra Bezic tweeted about Jason and Toller tonight? I think I'll frame this. :luv17:

Sandra Bezic @SandraBezic You @jasonbskates and the walls of the Cricket Club took me back to the days of training there with Toller Cranston. He would have loved your skating. You embody the respect he had for the process, his work ethic and passion.

I am verklempt:drama:
:love:

Sandra Bezic and Doug Mattis had a nice conversation about the magic of Jason's skating and what Toller would have thought of it, including Toller being green with envy at Jason's flexibility!

Speaking of Jason magic, I'm glad he brought back the tano jump! IMO, he does the best one by anyone not named Brian Boitano.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Jason for such a beautiful, emotional, perfect program!

I posted this in the competition thread:

The score breakdown: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/lead...001SEG001.html
Judges detail scores: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/lead...T/SEGM001.html

Jason received all 5's for GOE for his first spin and 11 perfect 10's in program component marks.

These links don't seem to be working anymore. Thanks for letting us know about the scoring. I had no idea where to even look for them.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Zaki

On the Ice
The program is simply breathtaking and Jason's ability to express emotions and to connect to the people even if just through a camera is unmatched.
At the start I noticed the reflection of two people in the mirror behind Jason and one of them was holding the camera so I wonder if it was Tracy and who was the other one beside her.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
thanks so much for posting Jason's program so that it's easy to just watch it as a loop! He is amazing.

I did find the reflections of him in the mirrors around the rink a bit distracting, and I wish we got a closer view of his jump combination, but the program is lovely.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was so riveted to Jason I didn't notice the mirrors or reflections or anything else until I watched replays. The impact after watching 15 other skaters was even more profound. And the others were good. Some were very good. But that opening pose! Sigh.... good sigh..... gorgeous!

noskates

Record Breaker
Hi everybody. Been gone for about a week due to a family emergency. Everything is fine now and I'm trying to catch up. Jason's skate was just beautiful. Every move was smooth and segued into the next one. He was in so much control and skated with total ease. Ro has done it again! And like someone said upthread, he finds the most interesting music. The first time I watched it I was concentrating on the jumps and spins. The second time I was looking at the choreo and listening to the beautiful music. The third time I concentrated on his arms and hands. It's impossible to take all that in with only one view. I don't think you can "train" a skater to move his arms like that - it's just an extension of his interpretation of the music. WOW. I think I need to watch it again just in case I missed something.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi everybody. Been gone for about a week due to a family emergency. Everything is fine now and I'm trying to catch up. Jason's skate was just beautiful. Every move was smooth and segued into the next one. He was in so much control and skated with total ease. Ro has done it again! And like someone said upthread, he finds the most interesting music. The first time I watched it I was concentrating on the jumps and spins. The second time I was looking at the choreo and listening to the beautiful music. The third time I concentrated on his arms and hands. It's impossible to take all that in with only one view. I don't think you can "train" a skater to move his arms like that - it's just an extension of his interpretation of the music. WOW. I think I need to watch it again just in case I missed something.

Watching it during the original broadcast after seeing the earlier 15 skaters, who I enjoyed, I was overcome with emotion. I didn't watch for technique, but I saw it because it was so integral to the program. The jumps and spins were seamless and kept the emotional temperature rising. I could feel tears starting, not least because Jason was able to skate like this after months off the ice and a short time to practice this. Because of the details that he brought to everything, the arms, the jumps, the emotional content. It was pretty close to perfection. What brought me to tears is that he's better than he was at 4CCs. There was a confidence, a calmness, a focus, and an artistry particularly in the first half, that exceeds anything we've seen from him before. I am so looking forward to seeing him in full competition mode, whenever and however it happens. No one else does what he does. This program reminds me of why he is truly one of the top skaters in the world. And for me, he is the best.

noskates

Record Breaker
I agree. I think with his results at 4CCs and Nationals this year he's got his old confidence back. A confident Jason can do wondrous things.

Ross74

Medalist
Does anybody else just keep staring at that opening pose? :love: Late to the party, but I wanted to put off watching any of the PFT until I could watch all of it. Jason's skate is so much more beautiful and powerful than I imagined, even after reading the comments. I love everything about it, though maybe not the distracting background so much. The music works great for this type of performance as does the flowing hair. He seems 100% into the program, like it's a part of him, and like he's been skating it for years. It's perfect for this type of artistic competition. Congrats to Jason and to Rohene. Just beautiful!