Javier Fernandez | Page 251 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
And that was post #5000 in this thread! Congrats to us all! It is also lovely to see that the retired Javi is not forgotten. :love2:

Javi will appear at some point in the series created and hosted by Antonio Najarro, Un país en danza, which started on Monday (8 pm CET on RTVE and on demand, does not seem to be geoblocked). The first episode had Ona Carbonell and synchronized swimming, the second one seems to go for fashion, so probably not next week.

E

miduola

Spectator
ISU just published entry lists for the CS event Cup of Austria and both Pablo and Marian are listed. Not sure which one of their coaches will accompany them this time.
If I'm not mistaken it will be their first international event as seniors. (I believe they both already have Junior World minimums from previous seasons so maybe that's why they are now opting to go to senior events instead of junior ones?)

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
EFE organized a discussion "Educación y Deporte: Formación para el futuro" on what happens in athletic careers, about education, end of career etc. with Javi as one of the speakers. In Spanish. The whole program is about an hour long, hope they keep it under that link.

Add: His part in the series Un País en Danza (episode titled 'Exilio y éxito, triunfar fuera de España') will be on next Monday, Nov 1 at 7:55 pm Spanish time. RTVE TV 2 and they will be available on-demand also. The first episodes have not been geoblocked, so hopefully this one neither. Plus short promo clips from RTVE (longer here).

E

Last edited:

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Javi and Sara Hurtado will be co-commentating figure skating for Spanish Eurosport.

(if you live in the EU and have Eurosport it will offer you your "home" programs and broadcasts - even if you set your vpn to Spain, but I will make it work! I simply have to hear Javi talk about Matteo and Donovan and Michal)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Javi and Sara Hurtado will be co-commentating figure skating for Spanish Eurosport.

(if you live in the EU and have Eurosport it will offer you your "home" programs and broadcasts - even if you set your vpn to Spain, but I will make it work! I simply have to hear Javi talk about Matteo and Donovan and Michal)
Oooh, I will be waiting for your review on them as commentators! I would also love to know what they think about Michal :love:

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Oooh, I will be waiting for your review on them as commentators! I would also love to know what they think about Michal :love:
Unfortunately, I still haven't found a way. I set my vpn to Spain and was willing to buy a month subscription for Spanish Eurosport but Eurosport is too smart and still recognizes that I already have a subscription and concludes I don't need another one (hey, I want to pay, why don't you take it???!!) and even when I tried different payment methods (and e-mails) it still recognized my card! :(
If only Javi knew what we are willing to do just to hear his commentary...

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Cough cough, so the only thing you need is change language in Eurosport! :ROFLMAO:Now I listened to the whole men TE SP with Javi's commentary :love: He's very soothing to listen to, a lot of things I agree with, with some I disagree. Overall a nice commentary.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Cough cough, so the only thing you need is change language in Eurosport! :ROFLMAO:Now I listened to the whole men TE SP with Javi's commentary :love: He's very soothing to listen to, a lot of things I agree with, with some I disagree. Overall a nice commentary.
Hahaha, good for you!

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I wish Fantasy on Ice would come to America. My fantasy is to see Javi skate live!
Javi skated in Canadian SOI when he was training in Canada. But US and Canadian SOI are usually focused only on skaters from US/Canada... After Javi only Evgenia skated in CSOI when she trained in Toronto and now the international element will be Satoko Miyahara...

But! Javi is apparently in New York right now. I wonder what's he doing there 🧐

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
And now we know the reason! So Javi is doing a "tour" through North America because of a documentary. Thank you, David Wilson, for your informative posts ;)
"Look who came back!! So wonderful to see Javi…he came back with a whole film crew, making a documentary on his life in skating. 8 years of which were spent with us in Toronto at Cricket. It was a sad day in 2018 for The Cricket Club when Javi retired and went home. Wonderful to see you old friend and thnx for the shoulder squeeze :) "
It's so nice to see Brian, Tracy, Jason, and others on IG so excited about Javi's visit.
(Nevermind I wanted it to be because of a new gala but this one is not a bad reason either ;))

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Here are some great photos of Javi at Music on ice show in Bellinzona. The Malaguena costume :love2: and also a birthday celebration.

The third mysterious coach for Javi's summer camp has been revealed. And it's Florent Amodio. (I have a lot of hopes for this cooperation, last year Javi was a coach at Florent's summer camp ;) )

Also, Javi and David Wilson will do a camp in Mexico! (Should I hope for a new gala or rather Donovan attending the camp?)

Javi was elected member of the Spanish olympic committee.

And last but not least, Javi and Almudena Cid gave a lecture / discussion at Zaragoza about life, plans and future after retirement. Here is the article and here the one-hour-long video!