Kamila Valieva | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Arbitrary

Medalist
Post-SP interview:
- 4T included, definitely going to try it tomorrow. Worked on 4S, attempted assisted 3A.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
said:
Thankfully she didn't like gymnastics or ballet.. that would be a big loss for the skating world.. she left me speechless again today.. it's difficult to watch anyone after her.. :luv17::love::luv17:

Thanks, I wasn't able to make anything sensible from the mumbled first words in that feature clip. I thought she came from RSG and likes ballet :palmf:
Anyway, Kamila likes figure skating best of all, and that's what matters.

Post-SP interview: https://rsport.ria.ru/20190805/1557187170.html
- 4T included, definitely going to try it tomorrow. Worked on 4S, attempted assisted 3A.

LOLLOL, she said that Alina (Zagitova) translated between her and Shoma Uno, how cool is that, with Alina's Japanese good enough for basic FS communication?

Kamila never reads social media comments about herself, her mother does however.
Kamila said she is fully recovered from last season's injury, was a little nervous before today's start, but composed herself and went to the ice in fighting spirit.
Kamila does her homework diligently, her favourite subjects are history and maths, she usually gets 4 and 5 marks for her assignments.

However, the Tass journalist wrote that Kamila controls her own social media and her mother only gives advice who and how to answer etc. https://tass.ru/sport/6734742
Here Kamila otherwise said that she trained the 4T for a week on the rod, before her trainer said "now try for yourself". Which she did and after feeling a little anxious over the landing at first, she managed to overcome her apprehension and found that doing a quad is almost as easy as a triple. She plans on learning 3 out of 4 quads and the triksel, but is not in a rush this season. Prime goal for Kamila is stability.

zounger

Medalist
"We were communicating with him through a translator, but mainly it was Alina who was communicating with him"

Arbitrary

Medalist
Valieva: "Quad was OK. Like a triple."

- Did you train your noiseless landing specifically?
- We did pay attention to the quality of [quad] landing. Now it's automatic.

- And what is your weight?
- (Smiling) 35 kg with 150 cm of height.

Is it normal for 13y.o.?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Is it normal for 13y.o.?

Don't start these kind of discussions again, they will only lead to endless arguments like we have seen every time this subject is brought up in any skater's name.
For a slender child that is a top fit athlete, given her height, age and maturity it is an optimum weight.
Plus she and the other Khrustalniy skaters have just finished their preparation camp in Novogorsk. Everybody has been checked up, measured, weighed, cardiographed, tested in every way necessary to ensure their health and fitness for the sport. They have been given the OK by FFKKR's medical officer and being Khrustalniy's most precious working capital, will be taken excellent care of.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Short TASS interview with Valiyeva: https://tass.ru/sport/6738829

Some quotes:
about the quad,
''I calmly performed the jump since today I was less nervous than during the short program. I did what my coaches told me to, thought during the skate how to enter it correctly. The coaches praised me so far, although the exit was only so-so".
interestingly she said she pays more attention to technical execution of her program than about the image (artistry?),
“So far, I think about the elements, not the music, but I like this group (Muse)"
about her potential,
"I don’t think I'm in perfect shape yet, seven on a scale of ten”

Modest and honest also, and so full of promise.
Hopefully there will be an Olga E video interview too.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Finally, and the usual nice interview with Olga E.

Kamila all radiant and bubbly, she is a gem.

some quotes:
She liked the image of the Picasso painting, thinking of the girl in the picture that wants to explore the world, broke free from from her frame, had fun but ultimately is forced to return back into her frame.

She likes the music of her new FP, soft at the beginning, before getting to the firmer parts towards the end.

She started learning her Quad after the Tutberidze Show of Champions, since last April also. She was apprehensive at first, fearing 'where will I end up?', but now has the quad under full control.

She started training in Kazan and advanced through a list of trainers before leaving for Moscow (after her mother?) at 6 years of age. She adapted quickly and easily to life in the big city.

Kamila also did gymnastics, ballet and dance, but likes figure skating best of all, since her mother never pulled her off the ice.

She just likes to get out on the ice and speed off :)

About Tutberidze she was asked what stayed with her of all the things she learned: ‘important is not to loose what you’ve learned, to keep trying till the end and to try often, so it gets automatic’.

Training is like work and party/play combined for Kamila.

She likes most of all to have stable performances in both her programs, leading up to participating in JGPF and JWC.

----
Nice and pressure free interview, good to note no questions were asked like "when will you become OGM?" and such.
Nice from Kamila to mention all those trainers and assistant trainers, they kept little Kamila's pleasure in skating intact and advanced her to this level.
Learning experience for Kamila as well, those interviews.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Post-SP interview:

Kamila's jumps are extraordinary. I've never seen anyone land so softly. I'm sure she will have a 3axel soon. Her 2axel is so effortless, it just looks like she needs to put effort into getting the triple. I loved her 3f-e-3sal too. Her Euler actually was big and not UR which I frequently see with the Euler. I'm impressed with the work that she put in this summer. So much improvement! She's on the trajectory to OGM in 2.5 years!!!

Scott512

Record Breaker

Is it normal for 13y.o.?

No. But her main junior competitor Alysa Liu is even smaller. Kamila is 4 feet 11 inches tall and Alysa is like 4 ft 8 in tall. it's getting amazing how small some of these girls are but reality says the smaller you are the better chance you have to do triple axels and quad jumps. Kamila has the advantage and skating skills of course. it will be interested in what kind of score she can rack up in juniors this year. I'm wondering if it will be on the 3A level of the last 2 years.

Azikin

Medalist
It's nice to see Kamila being praised for jumps.. she's been praised for many things but not that much for jumps.. but she deserves it now.. ;)
Otherwise the FS is a much needed improvement in comparison of the last year, IMHO, so this year with her beautiful SP it's just.... :drama::luv17::drama:
Let's hope she will stay healthy.... :cheer: