Kazuki Tomono | Page 235 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

KiraraChin

Medalist
Wow! These are professional quality photos?
Right? So good! They just say 'photography' in their bio, so not sure if they are a professional photographer or an amateur, but all their pics are awesome.

Guys, I have a lot of cool updates to share!

First of all, we have this picture of Kazuki with Misha-sensei :love2: There's no official confirmation yet but I think we can assume they are choreographing a programme. Can't wait to know more!

Second, Tsushiya Kaban published a really nice interview with Kazuki about his love for leather goods, which has some lovely pics. I particularly enjoyed the bit about the gift he gave to his dad 🥹

Last but not least, his visual for Hyoen was released!

he looks super cool and like... futuristic!? I wonder what kind of character he will play!

Figskater23

Final Flight
Right? So good! They just say 'photography' in their bio, so not sure if they are a professional photographer or an amateur, but all their pics are awesome.

Guys, I have a lot of cool updates to share!

First of all, we have this picture of Kazuki with Misha-sensei :love2: There's no official confirmation yet but I think we can assume they are choreographing a programme. Can't wait to know more!

Second, Tsushiya Kaban published a really nice interview with Kazuki about his love for leather goods, which has some lovely pics. I particularly enjoyed the bit about the gift he gave to his dad 🥹

Last but not least, his visual for Hyoen was released!

he looks super cool and like... futuristic!? I wonder what kind of character he will play!

Awe that’s sweet that he gave his dad something leather. Looking forward to his future programs! As for his Hyoen picture he looks like a bad boy with that smile, look in his eyes and his hair jelled. I like it. I totally calling it that he plays a character who is antagonistic. Whether his character will be good or bad will remain to be seen. So wait the after talk for Hyoen is that what it was for ONE PIECE before the show took place when everyone who talked had their black hoodies on?

KiraraChin

Medalist
So wait the after talk for Hyoen is that what it was for ONE PIECE before the show took place when everyone who talked had their black hoodies on?
I'm afraid I don't know, maybe @synesthesia knows a bit more about the Hyoen aftershow talk format? Sorry! 🙇‍♀️

Speaking of aftershow talks, Mainichi's BluePost podcast featured a chat with Kazuki after the online event on Monday:

Unlike the event, the podcast is free to listen, but obviously all in Japanese 😭 But fans said the chat was very relaxed although as usual he said thoughtful things.

Meanwhile, a lucky fan who's attending tomorrow's event in Sakai is already in Osaka doing a 'Kazuki tour'
She took this picture of Naniwa's rink which is interesting because they took the Kazuki banners down, but thankfully at least kept his posters on the wall

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kazuki's HD Flower Holdings event took place in Sakai today and, as you'd expect, everyone is saying it was wonderful :love2:

It seems the talk was mostly centred around his hometown and his favourite spots, and the guests were offered local snacks, and got to do a dry flower arrangement. In the end, Kazuki personally gave a red rose to each one of them 🥹

I really liked that, from the pictures, we can see that they used the 'Tomono red' as the colour scheme, and it everyone was praising the hospitality and attention to detail. HD Flowers is really amazing!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
So wait the after talk for Hyoen is that what it was for ONE PIECE before the show took place when everyone who talked had their black hoodies on?

I'm afraid I don't know, maybe @synesthesia knows a bit more about the Hyoen aftershow talk format? Sorry! 🙇‍♀️

This is all of the information published about it atm:

https://hyoen.jp/ticket.html#after-talk

Translation:
After Talk Show

Venue

Yokohama Arena Centennial Hall

Schedule

19:00 start each day (tentative)

8 June (SAT): Daisuke Takahashi, Masahiro Ehara, Kazuki Tomono

9 June (SUN): Daisuke Takahashi, Kikunojo Onoe (choreography, movement guidance), Kenji Miyamoto (choreography)

10 June (MON): Daisuke Takahashi, Ryunosuke Onoda, Koshiro Shimada

11 Jun (Tue): Daisuke Takahashi, Amon Miyamoto (Director)

Talk show guests are subject to change at short notice.

Fee
(all seats reserved, tax included)
3,000 yen
  • Customers who have purchased Premium Box Seats or the JTB Special Plan do not need to purchase this ticket, as participation in the After Talk Show is included as a benefit.

Notes
  • Entry is only permitted for those who have a ticket for the main performance on the same day; those who do not have a ticket will not be admitted for any reason whatsoever.
  • In such cases, no cancellations or refunds will be made.
  • The event will be held at Centennial Hall in Yokohama Arena.
  • Please take your luggage with you to Centennial Hall. You will not be allowed to return to the Yokohama Arena performance venue after your transfer.
  • The journey is expected to take 30 minutes.

Reception period (lottery)

18:00 17 Apr (Wed) - 23:59 6 May (Mon)

Nittele Zero Ticket,e-plus,Lochike,Ticket Pia

Link to the web page for the Centennial Hall (located inside the Yokohama Arena), where the talkshow will take place:

Based on other talk show events, I suspect a moderator will ask guiding questions about each participant's area of expertise, such as performance/character portrayal (Dai, Ryunosuke, Kazuki, Koshiro, Masahiro), direction and production (Amon Miyamoto) and choreography (Kikunojo Onoe and Kenji).

Let's hope they'll release some footage afterwards! :pray:

KiraraChin

Medalist

Figskater23

Final Flight

That’s really beautiful and touching. 😊 I’m guessing there are some skaters who aren’t so comfortable with fans because they are afraid they’ll try to grab them or something right? I’m really happy that Kazuki is able to get close with fans. I hope one day I can be one to get a picture with him and talk to him for a few minutes in Japanese.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Thank you! This time the content was quite technical lol but I really enjoyed his enthusiasm. The pictures are nice, too!

I’m really happy that Kazuki is able to get close with fans.
Everyone said he made eye contact with really kind eyes, and the way he gave a rose to each fan was very careful and gentle. He also gave respectful compliments such as 'your shirt is really nice' or 'your flower arrangement is beautiful'.
When the time came for them to have a snack (Japanese sweets selected by Kazuki himself), he said he couldn't talk if he was eating, so he ate his snacks in one go so he could continue hosting the event.
He really made sure the fans felt cared for and special 😭💝

Meanwhile, more info about the rose he gave the fans, courtesy of HD Flowers:

They are really so nice, and I saw a fan saying it's astonishing HD Flowers can support an athlete like that, since the flower business is very dependent on the overall economy and not quite as safe as some other industries (I guess people only buy flowers if they have money to spare). Kazuki got himself a truly amazing sponsor :pray:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
(I guess people only buy flowers if they have money to spare). Kazuki got himself a truly amazing sponsor :pray:
Yes and no. Precisely because flowers are gratuitous, for some people (here in France at least) they remain a sort of "last luxury before real hardship", then remaining visible becomes crucial for providers. Of course nothing will replace a physically visible shop, in a busy crossing or metro station, let's be realistic, but then if this shop gives reminiscences to passers-by it may induce them to buy (the act of buying flowers being more volatile, I'd agree to that).

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yes and no. Precisely because flowers are gratuitous, for some people (here in France at least) they remain a sort of "last luxury before real hardship", then remaining visible becomes crucial for providers. Of course nothing will replace a physically visible shop, in a busy crossing or metro station, let's be realistic, but then if this shop gives reminiscences to passers-by it may induce them to buy (the act of buying flowers being more volatile, I'd agree to that).
Your comment made me smile because for British people the 'last luxury before real hardship' is probably beer lol
But you're right, I might have over-simplified the issue. What the user said was that the flower business is more exposed to problems in the wider economy than other sectors. Another user also noted how the overall cost of the event was likely far higher than the money they got from the tickets. HD Flower Holdings is really committed to promoting Kazuki and Sakai, and that's amazing 🌸

Incidentally, it seems that Kazuki's other sponsor, Daiichi Juken Group, also benefited from the event as several fans stopped by their Osaka unit to eat their curry 🍛 People talk about the 'Hanyu economy' but there is a (much smaller, of course) 'Tomono economy' too 😄💸

Meanwhile, the report from the Mainichi online event was published yesterday, but it's a paid article as usual 🥲

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They are really so nice, and I saw a fan saying it's astonishing HD Flowers can support an athlete like that, since the flower business is very dependent on the overall economy and not quite as safe as some other industries (I guess people only buy flowers if they have money to spare). Kazuki got himself a truly amazing sponsor :pray:
I would hazard a guess that providers of luxury goods (whether small or large scale) would be the ones more likely to give sponsorship to someone with great fan appeal, as fans will therefore be more likely to put money aside deliberately, and sometimes for something they wouldn't actually buy. to support their someone and therefore the sponsor. And Kazuki does have the fan appeal.

KiraraChin

Medalist
I would hazard a guess that providers of luxury goods (whether small or large scale) would be the ones more likely to give sponsorship to someone with great fan appeal, as fans will therefore be more likely to put money aside deliberately, and sometimes for something they wouldn't actually buy. to support their someone and therefore the sponsor. And Kazuki does have the fan appeal.
You are spot on! Several fans said they bought flowers from HD Holdings just to support Kazuki - and they ended up really enjoying the product, too. Win-win situation 😍

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Your comment made me smile because for British people the 'last luxury before real hardship' is probably beer lol
But you're right, I might have over-simplified the issue. What the user said was that the flower business is more exposed to problems in the wider economy than other sectors. Another user also noted how the overall cost of the event was likely far higher than the money they got from the tickets. HD Flower Holdings is really committed to promoting Kazuki and Sakai, and that's amazing 🌸

Incidentally, it seems that Kazuki's other sponsor, Daiichi Juken Group, also benefited from the event as several fans stopped by their Osaka unit to eat their curry 🍛 People talk about the 'Hanyu economy' but there is a (much smaller, of course) 'Tomono economy' too 😄💸

Meanwhile, the report from the Mainichi online event was published yesterday, but it's a paid article as usual 🥲

I suppose that the fact that his merchandise first stock sold out fast, was also a preliminary test for potential sponsors about his fan appeal.
Now, I wish he could skate in shows that don't have the "ISU/JSF pet" repelling effect (although I'm also very happy that he can skate with, and learn from, such a great skater as Daisuke Takahashi, in fact I rather hope that ISU and JSF will be replaced or totally cleaned, which will be better for all) to prove that his fan appeal extends to shows... Sometimes I imagine him with Sota Yamamoto (and why not, Satoko Miyahara, it has been some time she hasn't played that sort of character) showing their "opposite" performance styles in a program like this ballet pas-de-trois:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Sometimes I imagine him with Sota Yamamoto (and why not, Satoko Miyahara, it has been some time she hasn't played that sort of character) showing their "opposite" performance styles in a program like this ballet pas-de-trois
That would be so cool! I really wish show producers took a leaf out of Kassouya/Hyoen's book and experimented more with concepts for ice shows.

FYI..per his Insta story..Misha Ge is in China doing a workshop w his father.. No announcement of choreo for Kazuki..Also, Mr. Hiake posted about a young skater from Austalia coming to his school..Kazuki is in 2 of the pictures.
I was expecting that, because I think at this point in his career Kazuki would want to announce his programmes in his own time, most likely via non-no. If you remember, last year he announced his SP on non-no, and I think the plan was to do the same for the FS, but Misha got ahead of himself... I guess they talked and Misha learned his lesson now lol

As for the Australian skater, here are the pictures:

Belinda Noonan, the legendary Australian commentator, liked this tweet 🥹🫶

Meanwhile, a TV special about Hyoen was broadcast yesterday, and they showed a bit of Kazuki's photoshoot and voice training! Apparently he said his role has a lot of lines and he will be singing too 👀 It makes sense now that he won't be doing any PIW shows in late April/May, the preparations for Hyoen seem intense - but very rewarding!

Finally, Daiichi Juken revealed on Twitter that they helped Kazuki to find his apartment! They are so nice 😊