Kostiukovich and Ialin: Progress is priority | Golden Skate

Kostiukovich and Ialin: Progress is priority

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Competing in their first international junior season, Russia’s Polina Kostiukovich and Dmitri Ialin captured the silver medal at the 2018 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships last March. This young team drew attention, not only due to the technical difficulty they showed, which included a quad twist, but also for the originality of their programs.

Ialin sees a chance for them to break through in the next few years at the senior level. “I think that pair skating at the senior level (in Russia) is at the limit. I think that the junior level is stronger than the seniors right now. It’s more competitive and I think there are better prospects for the juniors, even though many people say that the juniors often split up when they are growing up. Plus, we don’t have so many (top) senior pairs left. It’s as our off-ice coach said – we need to break through in the next four years. There’s room, we can fight for it.”

More...

Here's wishing them a healthy and successful season!!

icetug

Medalist
It was a great pleasure to follow them last season, even that they were struggling in Gdansk JGP so much ;). They caught my attention especially because of their FP and I'm glad they keep it. There is something special about their skating (and it's not only quad twist). Great they're seeking for original, modern music and understand what shall be done to debut successfully in seniors. Hope they achieve their goals and delight us with their performances for many seasons to come.