Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018?

ask

Match Penalty
Slightly lower to be precise: Medvedeva puts all her jumps in the second half, while Caro does her first two in the first, so there's a 1.47 difference... hopefully she can make this up with the PCS!

That's true.
Still I'm super impressed she can do 3F3T at this age. That deserves +300 GOE.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
That's true.

there's nothing that says that doing something at an older age is a GOE bullet
much too high of a score for such an empty, meaningless program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is looking good that's for sure. I believe the judges willgive it to her if she is close but I am cheering for someone else this time. Kostner has had many opportunitiesand my recollection was kind of lucky to go to one olympics as she lost the national title. She has won so many medals with less than stellar performances and were reasonably other skaters could have won a medal in place of her. I like her skating, don't misunderstand me. She is one of the skate who seems to peak or get the right breaks to win - now there is a difference between breaks and what I mean is there is good reason to place another skater ahead of her.. But I think she has a good chance of medalling even gold with the Russian ladies injured - Evgenia, very young and inexperienced Alina and blah -Maria. Crown Carolina Queen!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
It is looking good that's for sure. I believe the judges willgive it to her if she is close but I am cheering for someone else this time. Kostner has had many opportunitiesand my recollection was kind of lucky to go to one olympics as she lost the national title. She has won so many medals with less than stellar performances and were reasonably other skaters could have won a medal in place of her. I like her skating, don't misunderstand me. She is one of the skate who seems to peak or get the right breaks to win - now there is a difference between breaks and what I mean is there is good reason to place another skater ahead of her.. But I think she has a good chance of medalling even gold with the Russian ladies injured - Evgenia, very young and inexperienced Alina and blah -Maria. Crown Carolina Queen!

Umm... gold medal... I hope not...
Gold medal for Zhenya! silver for Alina!

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Throw her ALL THE 10.00's, JUDGES. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOW.

I love this program for her and the addition of a triple triple really puts her in the mix for a medal now. Way to go, Caro.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's true.

Yeah it's impressive when a 30 or almost 30 can do difficult elements. Savchenko, Duhamel, Suzuki, Oda,..... if everyone could have their knees and hips.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yeah it's impressive when a 30 or almost 30 can do difficult elements. Savchenko, Duhamel, Suzuki, Oda,..... if everyone could have their knees and hips.
More than hips and knees (which also count of course), technique is what matters for most of the skaters you mentioned (expect for Meaghan, who is still capable of doing even a 3Lz and considering her ugly technique she's kind of a unique physical case, yes): not forcing yourself to learn jumps too early, not forcing the jumps through an awkward technique, keeping your positions always very precise and efficient allow your elements to be more stable and for a much longer time

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
not forcing yourself to learn jumps too early, not forcing the jumps through an awkward technique, keeping your positions always very precise and efficient allow your elements to be more stable and for a much longer time
Yeah but nowadays it's not a kind of luxury that some people can have in some countries.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I laughed out loud when Carolina landed her 3F+3T; I wasn't expecting her to ever go for that combo again. This girl is just absurd.

I remember jokingly bringing up the hashtag #Go4TheGoldCaro before the season began because it seemed like such a far out fantasy but it's crazy that she's actually in the conversation. :shocked:

The PCS and GOEs she's been getting this entire season should concern any Russian stan because the judges are more than willing to hand her a medal in Pyeongchang and possibly the gold. Of course I might be getting ahead of myself because Carolina Kostner is first and foremost the original Pogosplatter and could easily implode tomorrow. :laugh: Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

What a great way to start my weekend. :luv17:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Wow! Way to go Caro!
I want to see her winning a medal in PC! It would be epic!
She's such a legend already, but why not get an Olympic medal at 30? [emoji136]

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
because she hasn't looked like she would earn one yet?
and everyone on here complains about reputation judging but overlooks her?
just saying...

ask

Match Penalty
If she was Russian, she wouldn't have got a spot for Sochi.

Let me remind you. Kostner was 2nd in the 2013 W. Would have been the highest ranking Russian in 2013.
Russia wouldn't have lost 3 spots.
In 2014 at Euro, she was 3rd. Yeah, she would have been the first to be named to the team. Don't get it twisted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Kostner

Look at the record from 2010 onward, would have been #1 Russian for 3 years in a row, heading into the Olympics. The PCS would have been insane and no one would have bat an eye.

Some people have selective amnesia. If you are one of those, at least look up wiki.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let me remind you. Kostner was 2nd in the 2013 W. Would have been the highest ranking Russian in 2013.
Russia wouldn't have lost 3 spots.
In 2014 at Euro, she was 3rd. Yeah, she would have been the first to be named to the team. Don't get it twisted.

I agree that they would have likley had a third spot but there is no reason for the attitude. Maybe not everyone is as skilled as you at making up imaginary scenarios :)

ask

Match Penalty
I agree that they would have likley had a third spot but there is no reason for the attitude. Maybe not everyone is as skilled as you at making up imaginary scenarios :)

Only likely for a third spot when one was a silver medalist? Only likely. Ok, what imaginary scenarios are you speaking of now? Have several seats.