Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

s_parks

Record Breaker
I know it's going to be tough, but I really hope they can challenge for an olympic spot. Also, how cool would it be to see Dmitriev at the olympics again, as a coach this time!

adelia

Record Breaker
Beautiful - thanks. This is definitely going to be one of my favourite programs of the season.
It is already top 2 (from among the Russians) for me.
And interestingly, the other top 2 spot is not occupied by a singles skater.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think this was the best they could do in Russia, and if they want to go to the Olympics, they need to keep improving - this was by far their best FS, but they need to get those throws in order. The jumps are there, and with consistency their scores can only go up.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I like them and I'm glad they made it to the podium. I hope they get a chance to go to at least one of the major competitions this year.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I like them and I'm glad they made it to the podium. I hope they get a chance to go to at least one of the major competitions this year.

It is highly plausible that they get this chance. Without Kavaguti and Smirnov, they are fighting for being Russia's no 3 with Z/E and I suspect that RusFed will not be eager to send Z/E everywhere. Especially if A/R do they best during GP circuit. It's all up to them, really.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
It is highly plausible that they get this chance. Without Kavaguti and Smirnov, they are fighting for being Russia's no 3 with Z/E and I suspect that RusFed will not be eager to send Z/E everywhere. Especially if A/R do they best during GP circuit. It's all up to them, really.

The thing is, Z/E is a Mozer team, and they usually are consistent, which has been a problem for A/R. If they compete as they did in Russia, though, they have a chance.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Bravo :luv17: :biggrin:

The thing is, Z/E is a Mozer team, and they usually are consistent, which has been a problem for A/R. If they compete as they did in Russia, though, they have a chance.

Astakhova / Rogonova are much more likeable & pleasant to watch. I root for them when it comes to their rivalry with Z/E :)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker

But of course :) yet, Z/E aren't really better and have no actual advantage over Kristina and Alexei. Its basically all up to consistency of both pairs, RusFed will surely be eager to back the pair with better results.
That said, sadly I'm afraid that if both pairs have similar results, Z/E are more likely to be chosen for the Olympic team. But it's too early to say for sure.

ragdoll

On the Ice
Just watching the gala and i love A/R's exhibition! I have a feeling I'v seen it before. Did they have it last year too?

hanca

Record Breaker
But of course :) yet, Z/E aren't really better and have no actual advantage over Kristina and Alexei. Its basically all up to consistency of both pairs, RusFed will surely be eager to back the pair with better results.
That said, sadly I'm afraid that if both pairs have similar results, Z/E are more likely to be chosen for the Olympic team. But it's too early to say for sure.
Unfortunately, I think Z/E has a huge advantage over A/R. Not with their actual skills, but with how they are perceived.
First advantage: Z/E have Mozer who produced Volosozhar/Trankov, Stolbova/Klimov and Tarasova/Morozov. Dmitriev did not have any great results recently.
Second advantage: in the last two years Z/E struggled with their triple sbs jumps, but they covered it with consistency. One of their throw have been only double axel, but thanks to their consistency and high PCS (and a bit of luck) they managed to get to GPF where they finished 4th. In comparison, A/R decided to push the technical difficulty- they tried in competitions triple loop (often underrotated) and their overall results and consistency suffered. They did not get to GPF. So the perception now is that Z/E are the Russian pair number three (and no one seem to be takng into consideration that the results were achieved by playing it safe), whereas A/R are perceived as the pair number four (and no one takes into consideration that it is because they tried to push the technical difficulty which unfortunately didn’t pay off). For A/R to improve their chances they will need to be very consistent so that their PCS are higher. Then they will be perceived as equal to Z/E. It is sad because I think both pairs are roughly on the same level, but each of them have different strengths and weaknesses.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yep Mozer bonus wont go anywhere
& imo ZE is seen as more consistent
they have better results last year + GPF

imo AR should have been 2nd in the FD!
anyway they got a medal & have the best LLL programm this year

I guess I should be satisfied at least with that:laugh:

btw Komolov rules!
I didnt know he choreographed that belorussian pair with GoT+Sherlock progs!:bow:

Reynnou

On the Ice
btw Komolov rules!
I didnt know he choreographed that belorussian pair with GoT+Sherlock progs!:bow:

Really? That's great! His choreographies are always interesting.
I wish Tarasova/Morozov and Zabijako/Enbert would work with people like him. Mozer team (minus S/K) really need better programs...

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I wish Tarasova/Morozov and Zabijako/Enbert would work with people like him. Mozer team (minus S/K) really need better programs...
on 1 hand yep no I dont want him to work for the rivals (ZE):laugh:
TM it would be great tho! some ppl think they're hopeless in having good progs :laugh: