Ksenia Gushina | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Gushina

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Time to wish Ksenia good luck in Moscow!
It's hard to perform with a break of a week, but I believe that Ksenia has been preparing for this for so long that she will do just as well as in Samara.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Short interview with Ksyusha Gushchina after warm-up. She thanks her coach Alexandrina Degtyaryova for the attention she gave her during her recovery, for her care and help in setting up the programs.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
SP in Samara. This video was posted by a group of fans of the TV series "Twin Peaks" in vkontakte.

Azikin

Medalist
Her SP is very charming. It's so refreshing to hear such a great piece of music, especially when compared to some horrible cover songs and such that make my ears bleed when watching some programs.. ;)

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I love this choice of music and its philosophy, basically the whole story of Twin Peaks. The first part is about simple guys from the city of pines who felt that evil was awakening here, didn't know where it was coming from, but banded together to stand up to it. And the second part is the theme of Laura Palmer, the victim, the light being given to the darkness, who died but won. It's so fascinating. I don't know if Ksenia has the intention of telling a story or just immersing herself in beautiful music, but it's great either way. She's clearly not Laura, perhaps she's a sort of Twin Peaks spirit..... with toy logs.
Her SP is very charming. It's so refreshing to hear such a great piece of music, especially when compared to some horrible cover songs and such that make my ears bleed when watching some programs.. ;)

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Moscow, 25.11.2023. Short program.
I love what those scraps on the dress are doing​

NDEaG_BJUIQ.jpg
yk4PXx32PnE.jpg
Mqa35zVxEO8.jpg
-udxkJS6edI.jpg

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Today is Mother's Day in Russia (the last Sunday in November).
Ksyusha Gushchina congratulates all mothers on this holiday.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Congratulations to Ksyusha! Another good job. It's a bit of a pity about the mistake on the cascade, it took away points that could have brought her to 4th place. But in general, the task is accomplished and done confidently.
We are preparing for the Russian Championship and hope for a result not worse than last year!

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Happy birthday, wonderful coach Aleksandrina!

ejet2x7drEI.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The bike girl

-LcUG5wPEEo.jpg
Xbm9DTl1TPs.jpg

9jSuH03r6SY.jpg

I think it's the most favorable image of Ksenia. She is really an iron lady with strong nerves.​

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
RusNats Memories

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Bravo, Ksusha!
SP: TES = 39,77, PCS = 32,79, TSS = 72,56

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Ksenia Gushchina - about her short program:​

I am satisfied with my short program today. I just need to improve my jumps, because in some moments I had to fight for it. This season is hard for me - I had a long recovery after the injury I got in the beginning of the fall. But nothing, everything got better. For this tournament we changed the path of steps and hands a little bit. The last few months we looked at my state of health and calculated the loads. When the injury began to recede, we strengthened the program choreographically.

The short program is more difficult for me to skate, because it is less suitable for my character. And the free skating will be more my image.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Maxim Yagudin, Russian FS blogger, former sports referee:

"The 10th Russian figure skater Ksenia Gushchina (72.56 - 1st place) showed a very fast and "rolling" skating to the mystical music from the TV series "Twin Peaks". Ksyusha didn't take any risks and performed a 3+3 Lutz-tulup cascade in the first half of the program, but at the Spartakiade we can expect more complications. Noticeably more diverse in terms of choreography for the time that has passed since the Russian Championships has become a track of steps, which now looks much more interesting. It so happens that after Andrei Mozalev left Ksenia Gushchina is now the first number of Kirill Davydenko's group.

So far, Ksenia's maturation is going quite smoothly - her physics is enough for the whole program, and her jumps look very powerful and confident as before, when the judges have absolutely no need to review them for under-twisting. After Anya Frolova's fall, the way to victory is open for Ksenia."