Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Soerensen | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Soerensen

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Ice Academy of Montreal's post about the 11 teams from their school who are participating in the Olympics including Laurence & Nik. Some interesting facts about the team, and good photos!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of us who live in Canada, there's no individual video link for their Olympics RD on either the CBC.ca website or the CBC Sports YouTube channel, so our only option is Radio-Canada Sports with French commentary.

YouTube:

Twitter:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've just found the CBC TV commentary of their Olympics RD on the CBC Olympics Twitter page, although this video is missing their replay and kiss & cry (which the television broadcast included).

Post-RD Interview with CBC TV:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This screencap was taken after Gilles & Poirier's Olympics RD, and it looks like Nik and Roman Sadovsky have a struck a friendship after Nik had cradled Roman and allowed him to cry into his chest after the latter's Team Event Free Skate. (The two men also seemed to exchange a few words after the moment shown in this image.) I think it's cute that they've found common ground despite being a decade apart in age, and I'm guessing that Nik treats Roman kind of like a younger brother.

RomanNik.png

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've belatedly realized that I forgot to share the duo's Olympics FD, but the only official individual video that's available for Canadian viewers is on the Radio-Canada Sports Twitter page:

I had missed this pre-Nationals interview where they both speak in French:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The following is from CBC television's broadcast of Worlds with Kurt Browning and Carol Lane as commentators (no rhythm dances were aired). The program revealed that Nik had injured his back shortly before the competition. 🙁

2022 Worlds Opening Montage + Ice Dance Discussion + RD Recap (CBC TV 720p):

I had to upload the duo's free dance on Streamable because it was rejected by Dailymotion due to the music.

2022 Worlds FD (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Post-FD Interview (CBC TV 720p):

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada's Laurence Beaudry Fournier and Nikolaj Soerensen discuss the satisfaction of becoming Canadian National Champions and their longing to compete against Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier. The 2022 NHK Trophy winners also talk about the training approach behind this season’s breakthrough results, how they beat Madison Chock and Evan Bates, and their desire to compete at least one more season.