Lina Kudriavtseva & Ilia Spiridonov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lina Kudriavtseva & Ilia Spiridonov

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I never said that this info was new, I just thought that since nobody had posted it here yet, I might as well, for any new fan who stumbles upon it. And nor did I ever say that either of them has a bright future in elite pairs skating, she is rather tall and he is rather short and neither are great jumpers. It's possible, but not probable. And is there a coach in Sochi that I do not know of? I know Akopova/Rakhmanin skate for Sochi but I thought that was just some residential thing, not a coaching thing. The whole Pavlova thing could work out but who knows, she is 16, just a little bit older than Lina when they started skating together. What is for sure is that she is probably a good jumper, spinner, and hard worker, seeing her results in singles. And it says that they got back together for that one competition just to "pass the category" so your thing about the awards or the qualification makes sense, more on Lina's end than on Ilia (2x JGPFinalist).

In any case, this is from allskaters, and she is still listed with Roman Zaporozhets (they usually do not update what is not confirmed) The thing with Zaporozhets was certainly more than a tryout, since they competed at some internal Mozer competition.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
And is there a coach in Sochi that I do not know of? I know Akopova/Rakhmanin skate for Sochi but I thought that was just some residential thing, not a coaching thing.
Yes, Akopova / Rakhmanin train in Moscow, but represent Sochi. In Sochi Stanislav Morozov works, but he coaches kids, some junior beginners I can't name.

hanca

Record Breaker
I thought Klimov works in Sochi? I thought he opened there a school which was a part of Mozer’s school? I am not sure if Klimov, Akopova/Rakhmanin are in Sochi full time, or if they split their time between Sochi and Moscow...

hanca

Record Breaker
And nor did I ever say that either of them has a bright future in elite pairs skating, she is rather tall and he is rather short and neither are great jumpers. It's possible, but not probable.
To be fair, she is not that tall. She is not as tiny as she had been before, but she is not as tall as, let’s say, Boikova. She looks quite tall next to Spiridonov, but it is because Spiridonov is quite short for a male pair skater. I don’t think the height will be her problem for the future. My guess is, her problem will be throw jumps. In the previous year (even post puberty) she had pretty strong side by side triples - triple toe loop and triple Salchow. I haven’t seen her landing it this last season, but I am guessing all this change of partners and working on pairs elements with a new partner would take a lot of time. For the future I don’t think the side by side jumps should be a problem. But she has had long term problems with throw jumps. A few years ago she was injured, not sure what was the injury but they missed the whole season and when she came back, I have never seen her landing all three throw jumps (1 in SP and 2 in FS) within any competition. She often doubled, or she tried and fell. If it was just one off, I would think it was an accident and she would fix it, but her throw jump problems have been around for more than two seasons, so I am guessing it may be a long term problem. (Unless the problem is with Spiridonov throwing her - then having a new partner would fix it). But in the past she was considered as a pretty decent pair skater. Getting a good partner and sorting out the throw jumps, and she could easily qualify for the nationals.

With Spiridonov, his disadvantage is his height. It doesn’t allow for a huge choice of potential partners. We will see if the Russian forum is right and if the partnership with Pavlova leads somewhere.

hanca

Record Breaker
Lina and Ilia reunited again, this time most likely for shows https://www.instagram.com/p/CO97WZZHuPi/
She doesn’t say anything about her plans to do shows. In the contrary, she says she and Spiridonov moved to Sochi to a new group. (I wonder if Klimov would coach them?) If they planned to do shows, they wouldn’t be joining a new group. Skaters who do shows don’t train in training schools.