Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
During the ice resurface at the recent men’s short program during the JGP competition in France, Madison & Evan premiered a new program I think done specifically as a surprise. Don’t think it is their short program but I am not sure. Maddie is wearing a stunning white dress and Evan is in Tux, no jacket..
Beautifully done!!:jump::clap:
Their skate is on the Men’s SP Live tape at about 1:15…

EDT. Maddie says the program was created for the ISU Awards

Last edited:

dancelion21

On the Ice
With the new season starting and Madi and Evan's first competition tomorrow, it's time to revive this thread! :biggrin:

Madi and Evan started a podcast to chart their journey through the season, and they announced their music in their first episode.

Their rhythm dance is to Billie Eilish and their free dance is to Daft Punk where Madi will be portraying an alien and Evan will be portraying an astronaut. They uploaded a preview of their free dance onto their Instagrams.

And of course the podcast episode link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0xMkbxQHWuI78noP3zZQgO?si=a95b39ed489f46a1

dancelion21

On the Ice
Madi and Evan are currently in second place after the rhythm dance at Finlandia with 83.72 points, less than two points behind P/C. In the scoresheets, two of the judges put them in first.

Here's a video of their rhythm dance, it looks pretty good considering it's only a month old, but it could definitely be faster and more confident.

There was a recent interview to sports.ru where Madi said that they don't plan on retiring after this season, which is surprising, since most of us were expecting them alongside many of the other current top teams to retire due to how long they've been skating.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Madi and Evan scored a 210.78 at NHK Trophy this past weekend, which is currently the highest score of all the North American ice dance teams, even though Evan had a fluke fall at the very beginning of their free dance.

Also, they will both be part of the Olympic Channel's docu-series about IAM, alongside Papadakis/Cizeron, Hubbell/Donohue, Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen, Smart/Diaz, and Fear/Gibson. In one of the recent episodes of their podcast, Madi and Evan mentioned that Madi had been in California for three days after Skate America filming something with her mom. Could it have something to do with this docu-series?

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I have to say I was a little disappointed in both programs when I first saw them at Finlandia, but now they are both really growing on me, and while I think the Billie Eilish program is already spectacular, the Alien FD has a ton of potential to grow and gain momentum. It's the type of program that will create buzz because it's so different and out there (similar to the snake dance in 2019/2020). Also Evan's new costume is loads better - the previous astronaut costume seemed too bulky and bold compared to Madi's costume. With hers being fabulous but muted in tone, the new blacker costume for Evan is nicely in the background and doesn't take attention away from Madison.

The fall today at NHK was a real shame because we weren't able to get an idea of how the judges would score them against the Russians. The fact that the two teams were .31 apart after the rhythm dance was a really great sign for C/B. It's impressive how well they recovered and skated the rest of their program after the fall.

The placement at NHK was disappointing, but I think the scores were actually great, particularly in the RD. This sets them up well for the rest of the season. I'm excited!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Madi and Evan scored a 210.78 at NHK Trophy this past weekend, which is currently the highest score of all the North American ice dance teams, even though Evan had a fluke fall at the very beginning of their free dance.

Also, they will both be part of the Olympic Channel's docu-series about IAM, alongside Papadakis/Cizeron, Hubbell/Donohue, Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen, Smart/Diaz, and Fear/Gibson. In one of the recent episodes of their podcast, Madi and Evan mentioned that Madi had been in California for three days after Skate America filming something with her mom. Could it have something to do with this docu-series?

Oh I’m so excited for this! Thanks for the heads up!

dancelion21

On the Ice
Madi and Evan were very prominent in the first two episodes of On Edge! Which is the documentary filmed by the Olympic Channel about the Ice Academy of Montreal. In Episode 1, they have dinner with Laurence and Nik, and in Episode 2, they talk about their partnership history, program construction, and costume design. Their dog, Henry, also features quite heavily, as in Episode 1, Madi and Evan took him to the rink with them.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Madi and Evan were featured again in the third episode of On Edge, this time talking about how they changed their rhythm dance from Sade to Billie Eilish after Champs Camp. In their podcast this week, they also did a very interesting mini-Q&A.

Haikush

On the Ice
I've really enjoyed their podcasts but they haven't posted anything for almost three weeks now...anyone have info on why? It was weekly

dancelion21

On the Ice
I've really enjoyed their podcasts but they haven't posted anything for almost three weeks now...anyone have info on why? It was weekly
The podcasts are still coming out every week, they usually come out on Thursday.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If any of you want to check how their RD has changed, compare the first outing at Finlandia:

No wonder I found second version improved.