Mai Mihara | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Mai Mihara

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Congrats on the bronze. What a skate for Mai, and all that under the pressure of having to pull up from 8th. Am totally enamored of how she gets power into her jumps and yet lands as light as a feather on those soft knees. The audience was already dying to stand when the program still had a minute remaining. Well-deserved standing ovation. Can't wait to watch the program again when I have time and can appreciate it even more.

:points: :hb: :party2: :dance2:

You're right, this is probably what I like the most about beauty Mai, her power/softness combination. They just melds the two together perfectly, I can never get enough! :luv17:

Aside: I'm really glad to hear that about the audience, and I could kind of tell from the video that she was received well, but I thought the audience in general was very lukewarm on most skaters not in the last group/from US? (hope I'm wrong).

Fluture

Record Breaker
I have to admit, I wasn‘t really feeling Mai before but in the FS today, she really moved me. It was a beautiful skate. I wrote it in the 4CC FS thread: I think Mai is a skater you have to watch a few times before you truly start to appreciate her qualities. Her skating skills, the calmness and lightness of her program... the elegance. Today, I was in awe of her. I‘m very happy that she got a medal. Congrats! :clap: :)

skatenewbie

Medalist
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/02/10/kiji/20190210s00079000145000c.html

Mai mentioned that she will get new SP and FS next season...
Kobe team, please let someone else to choreograph her programs...
(and hope Mai will be healthy)

i hope she try something more dark/mature like Libertango last season. im on unpopular side which really like that SP, her step sequence there was amazing and she performs it well. Or a soft tango like what Satoko have done also good. She can do a light in other program so its balanced that way.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of you who don't have access to the competition thread, PM me if you'd like a temporary download link for CBC television's belated coverage of 4CC from this past Saturday, which includes her LP. (I'm now banned from Vimeo, so I can't upload videos on that site anymore. :( )

liv

Record Breaker
I loved Kurt Browning's commentary about Mai at 4CC... it went something like * she's so gentle she probably has a hard time cracking an egg * I burst out laughing. She does caress the ice very gently, but I think she's also tough as nails underneath!! You don't skate at her level with the disease she has without being a determined and committed athlete.

I think she has a great chance to do well at the Universiade!!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Maiiiiiiiiiiii!! She was magical :love: and got new pb by 5 points! :yahoo: Does Universiade score count as isu pb score? Regardless of that, congratulations baby :cheer:

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Absolutely gorgeous performance from Mai! That 3lz+3T was one of the best I've ever seen from her, it looked higher and smoother. Good luck in the free skate:cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
flawless princess :love: congratulations on your well deserved gold baby :love::yahoo::cheer: