me too!! hopefully she will get revenge of worlds SP and repeat LP! :yahoo:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Great SP from Mai today! Well done on new PB! :-D

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
she was great!!! was feeling so down after Yuzuru's SP but her reaction after the SP and for the scores made me smile, her joy is too pure :luv17: i hope she doesnt lose it while maturing :agree: and here is the video of her SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9kolepPa4 :yahoo:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Not sure how you figure. Had Chen placed 5th and Mihara 4th, USA would still have earned three spots and Japan two. Mihara would have had to place 2nd to earn three spots with Higuchi in 11th and Hongo in 16th.

Wagner had multiple very clear URs on her SP but because the tech panel was what it was no deductions was made on any of the URs. The tech panel is the only reason Usa got three spots for next season.

I never said Japan would have got three spots but because Usa was given the 3rd spot which they didn't deserve one nation lost one olympic spot they did deserve.

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Congratulations for the great SP and PB little Cinderella, so happy for her :luv17:
All the best for LP, I love this program it is not the most complex program or packed, still a bit juniorish but it brought so much joy and fresh air to me entire season, I can't stop smiling whenever I watch it and it was so lovely live at WC.I believe this was a perfect timing for her to do this program. Let's say proper goodbye and prepare for the next season. Ganbare !

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great skate today! She seem to be very consistent lady! :hap93: And I can;t get enough of her soft landings :love:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I can' believe what she has done.. 218 total , 146 in Free and this consistency.. watch out everyone.:love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
she was awesome indeed, her jumps looked more secure at worlds but she delivered once again!! 4 comps in a row she was clean (minus worlds sp :biggrin:) and she got a shoe from The Prince :love: what an amazing season she has had, went from basically nobody to win 4CC and 5th place at worlds , cant wait to next season, hopefully she will have more "mature" programs :slink: would love her to work with Tom :luv17:

Liasky

Rinkside
So this is the best day for Mai Mihara and Wakaba Higuchi. They performed very well. Mai gets 146 (4th of all time) and 218 in total (5th of all time). Wakaba gets 145 (5th of all time) and 216 in total (8th of all time). And they are only 17 and 16. Evgenia also performed perfectly and get the new world record at 160 in FS and total of 241. Sadly , she is 17 , too. It would be so hard for Mai and Wakaba to beat her. But anyway, I'm so happy with Mai's and Wakaba's performance today. They would be Japan's representative after Mao Asada retirement.

Also , I'm so happy that Japan won despite bad performance of Yuzuru Hanyu in SP (Don't worry , you still be so good Hanyu!). I'm so please with Shoma's , Mai's and Wakaba's very best performance.

Finally , thank you for everything Mao Asada. You really improved Japanese Figure Skating standard!

thoakun

Final Flight
To have 4 clean competitions in a row is quite an amazing feast. She's the proof that just because you didn't success early in your career doesn't mean that you're doomed forever.
Oh, and here begins 3, 4, 5? without Mai's news.

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Japan completes wire-to-wire lead to capture second World Team Trophy title

Mihara, who finished fifth at the world championships last month, set a new Japan record with her score of 146.17, breaking the mark set of 143.69 set by Satoko Miyahara in the free skate at this season’s Grand Prix Final.

“I was nervous just like in the short program at the worlds, but I looked at the team seats and everybody was cheering for me,” stated Mihara. “They gave me the right push to go into my program. I knew all my teammates were doing their best and we were in the top ranks, so I went in with a very strong resolve.”

Mihara took the ice one skater after Higuchi and said she was motivated by her teammate’s high marks.

“I was amazed at Wakaba’s high scores, and I wanted to keep up with her,” said Mihara. “I’m really happy with my score. I didn’t know it was a record. I wanted to surpass 140.”

Congratulations to Mai-chan :clap: :clap: :clap:

skatenewbie

Medalist
i'm big fan of hers, but i honestly think 146 and 70 in PCS is a bit too much. she get 6+ point bump in PCS compared to World 2017, let's be real herem imo ~141 is more realistic. i'm not even sure if she can topped 146 in next GP season, but i hope she prove me wrong! anyway congrats Mai for being so clean in last few competition, i hope she keep improving and being consistent skater

nekun

On the Ice
I know bacloading is hard and tiring, but I hope Mai bacloading his jumps for next season

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
mh...no backloading necessary. Notice that Mai actually executed a FS program with the highest base value last night. If she can consistently execute similar layout, then all she needs will be two better choreographed programmes, and probably some more work on transitions and expressions.

I'm really curious what her team and Coach Nakano will come up with for Mai next season (and also with Kaori Sakamoto, who trains together with Mai). Is this the first season Coach Nakano having skaters at senior international competitions? Although the packaging of Mai and Kaori are more on the 'traditional' sides, but both made quite solid season (esp. by the good foundation of basic skating skills)