Mao Shimada | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao Shimada

gotoschool

Medalist
Great performance by Mao Shimada with an amazing combination of the triple axel and quad toe, lovely and expressive arm and head movement, beautiful deep running edge and air position in her jumps with intricate transitions and minimal pre-rotation, picturesque flexibility and stunning acceleration in speed in her Biellman, camel, I and sit spins with quick transitions and a fabulous long arc on her spiral. However similar to Mao Asada's overlay harsh treatment in tech calls, the ur call on Mao Shimada's marvelous quad toe was bogus in my opinion, especially considering other quads I have seen that have been called good with really high GOE.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Happy birthday Mao:hb:
Congrats for the win at western sectionals!
FS score is actually 131.83

Last edited:

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Congratulations to Mao on winning her JGP debut! Her free programme was amazing, and the highlight for me has to be that extraordinary spiral. That was a thing of true beauty.

ISU commentator Mark Hanretty mentioned she won Novice and Junior National in same year 1st time since Shizuka Arakawa 27 years ago.
He possibly refered this thread post.

To be exact, when Arakawa won Junior at 12 yo skating age in 1994/95 season novice national did not exist.
It was started in 1996/97 season.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
And Mao finishes her season with almost straight golds. Bronze at senior nats still is an achievement.
Hope she stays healthy for the next season.