Mariah Bell | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aren't you guys nice:eek:: Good thing is I've had time to prepare since I already knew they'd be going head to head at SA. Actually seeing it twice will be pretty cool. I'm not too wrapped up in the results or judges scores. I would just love to see both skaters be able to be proud of how they perform. Both girls on the podium would make me so happy and maybe a picture of the two together would be cool too. While I'm making wishes lets go ahead and throw Jason in there too :)

Go Mariah! So glad she got another event.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
It looks like Mariah will also compete at Salt Lake City

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028395.htm

Was really happy to see that. I probably wearing a little to much tin foil on my head, but I can't help but think that adding her late like this to the first event might be a sign she has impressed some people and they think she is ready early in the season. They also may be trying to increase the chance of her getting a second GP spot. If she can rock it at this event and get some attention, she might be able to snag a second spot.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Was really happy to see that. I probably wearing a little to much tin foil on my head, but I can't help but think that adding her late like this to the first event might be a sign she has impressed some people and they think she is ready early in the season. They also may be trying to increase the chance of her getting a second GP spot. If she can rock it at this event and get some attention, she might be able to snag a second spot.

I'm not sure given her world ranking whether she is eligible for a second Grand Prix - is she? It would be great.

One really important thing is she's getting an opportunity to earn more ranking points so that if she makes the 2016 world team she isn't stuck in one of the early warm up groups (remember Kori's interview and TSLs commentary on what they should have done last year). Also she gets more practice for SA tho not sure how much of a factor that might be.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I'm not sure given her world ranking whether she is eligible for a second Grand Prix - is she? It would be great.

One really important thing is she's getting an opportunity to earn more ranking points so that if she makes the 2016 world team she isn't stuck in one of the early warm up groups (remember Kori's interview and TSLs commentary on what they should have done last year). Also she gets more practice for SA tho not sure how much of a factor that might be.

I *think* the way they let it work last year was that scores that were earned during that year's challenger series were added to the current list of season best scores. So if it works like last year and I am not losing my mind, if Mariah get a new and better best at this comp, that will be the score that is looked at for the substitution list and thus move her up on the list. The way i understood it was they looked at last season and the current season scores to come up with the list of best scores.

As for you other points... well yes. All i really can say is yes.

EDIT: And don't forget they sometimes do weird stuff and do what they want. I don't think Roberta RODEGHIERO was on the sub list when she was added to TEB.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't place too much stock in these predictions, but FWIW several contributors on IceNetwork identified as the ladies breakout star from the US. http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/09/11/137012964

She is so close to being so good. I hope she comes out fighting at her events!

Thx, Hyena. Interesting that the three who identify Mariah cite training with Jason as a reason for improvement.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Love the costume! (And I'm glad you looked at the vid, with no screen cap, I just skipped it :shocked:

ohh I came close... had my better half been in ear shot i would have most likely, but i took the risk this time.

I am starting to think Jason really needs to start using Mariah's costumer... her are very very good.

polenka84

Rinkside
ohh I came close... had my better half been in ear shot i would have most likely, but i took the risk this time.

I am starting to think Jason really needs to start using Mariah's costumer... her are very very good.

Mariah's costumer is Joey Santos...he is amazing...those who want Jason's costumes pared down and less bling-ed out wouldn't be happy if Joey started doing Jason's costumes though...he's very much of the pro-bling, extravagant nature!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Mariah's costumer is Joey Santos...he is amazing...those who want Jason's costumes pared down and less bling-ed out wouldn't be happy if Joey started doing Jason's costumes though...he's very much of the pro-bling, extravagant nature!

He does it well enough I would not mind at all! I really have enjoyed all of Mariah's costumes, Joey has a gift. Do you know if he has posted Mariah's costumes prior or should i skip the search? Id love to see a better picture of them.... then again maybe we will get some good ones from Salt Lake Classic this week.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mariah did just great yesterday in Salt Lake City... I really love her new SP, and she got a new personal best score for her SP :) Hoping for more of the same from her in the long :)

tulosai

Record Breaker

She fell on the 3z-3t. She got off balance and went for the 3t anyway so all in all it was a great effort other than that one hiccup.

It was also clearly fully rotated, even with the bobble and then fall, so to me that is honestly the most important thing right now. If she can rotate it, and is landing it consistently in practice, I feel like we just have to be patient and consistency in competition will come.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I always really like her interviews, she always seems so genuinely positive. It's such a nice and refreshing quality.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Unfortunate result for her at Nepela Trophy but both programs are BEAUTIFUL and I'm looking forward to seeing them again soon especially her FD. That beginning solo trumpet gives me chills and her dress is to die for. She works so hard, has a positive outlook and, most importantly, like Anna P, she's a fighter.... Good Luck Mariah !