Marin Honda | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

lovaticcanada

On the Ice
How tall is Marin?

She posted a photo on instagram story last year just before japanese nationals, and it showed approx 162 cm (or 5'3~5'4) if i recall.

However, from recent photos from Stars on Ice in Japan, she is always bending slightly in the group photos, so its hard to judge her height side by side Kana Muramoto (162cm), or Kaetlyn Osmond (163cm). However, she is taller than Shoma (listed at 159cm).

hanyuyuzuru1207

Match Penalty
She posted a photo on instagram story last year just before japanese nationals, and it showed approx 162 cm (or 5'3~5'4) if i recall.

However, from recent photos from Stars on Ice in Japan, she is always bending slightly in the group photos, so its hard to judge her height side by side Kana Muramoto (162cm), or Kaetlyn Osmond (163cm). However, she is taller than Shoma (listed at 159cm).
Katelyn looks soo taller... Surprise. I think Sotskova is around 170cm? The tallest girl in senior besides Carolina

lovaticcanada

On the Ice
I am spending way too long on this, but since i already started.

This photo was taken last year: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWZou-eABlv/ It shows Marin and Evgenia at a similar height, and Evgenia is listed at 159 cm for both wikipedia/isubio. Kaetlyn is listed at 165cm* on isubio, but wikipedia is always the first result you find. It's hard to find a Japanese female single skater comparison because she is taller than everyone else (even Kaori at 158)

Evgenia is taller than Alina (olympic podium) who is roughly the same height as Shoma. http://shoma-uno.tumblr.com/post/172455411757/shoma-uno-alina-zagitova-were-given-akita-shirts

Personally, I think she is 160~161, and rounded up to 162 since I don't think she is taller than Kana, and definitely not Kaetlyn, but taller than Shoma, Alina and likely Evgenia.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I just Saw Marin presentation in SOI and I think that she skated faster, also she la thinner, the program is fun but I hope she Will pick another direction on her competitive programs, I'm happy

I really really really really really really liked it.

rnois13

On the Ice

rnois13

On the Ice
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...-coaching-teen-star-marin-honda/#.WvF0r-vXerU

- Her dad approached Raf first - “It was in Osaka (at the NHK Trophy in November),” Arutunian stated. “It was a small conversation with Marin’s father. He approached me. I had never met him before.

- “I don’t know if Marin tried something else[other coaches]. What happened is, she came here the first time and I told them, ‘Don’t even think about to come right away. You can do a tryout if you like or not. I will see the way you guys work.’ They liked it and I really like her a lot.”

- Raf made a deal with Marin's camp that she stays with him for at least 2 years. “Whenever anybody comes to me, I say to them, ‘Can you give me some time? I’m not a magician,’ ” Arutunian commented. “To make a change in three months or half a year, it’s impossible. It’s a process."

- “Lori Nichol did her free program already. It’s so beautiful,” Arutunian commented. “It’s something unique. Very unique.”

- Their goal next season is to make GPF and Worlds team. I think it's a good idea that Raf isn't pressing her about Nationals.

- “I focus on technical and physical, and when they come together, the mental strength shows up,” Arutunian commented. “I think this is the way it works for everybody. If you train well, and are physically strong, then sooner or later your mental strength will show up. Sometimes it happens late.”

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Super excited for Marin’s ‘very unique’ program from Lori!

The new facility that Team Raf will be moving to has 3 Hockey-sized rinks and 1 Olympic-sized rink. I am guessing Team Raf will have primary use of the Olympic-sized rink. It will be a better situation than at Lakewood where they have to share the ice with hockey teams as well.

http://www.therinks.com/great-park/

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Super excited for Marin’s ‘very unique’ program from Lori!

The new facility that Team Raf will be moving to has 3 Hockey-sized rinks and 1 Olympic-sized rink. I am guessing Team Raf will have primary use of the Olympic-sized rink. It will be a better situation than at Lakewood where they have to share the ice with hockey teams as well.

http://www.therinks.com/great-park/

Super excited too! Marin and Eun Soo training with "veteran" Nathan will be the cutest :)

kimi492

Final Flight
Here's an instagram video of Raf with a bunch of skaters - I'm pretty sure Marin is in the pink(?) I can't make out Eunsoo or any other known skaters but my eyes are bad, maybe you guys can spot them
Side note: Raf's classes seem exactly what I expected from him - drill sergeant like lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiaD4bXDVU1/

Kara

Final Flight
Thanks for the video! Despite loving FS, I've never actually taken classes so it's interesting to see what it looks like. I agree with you that Marin's the one in pink and I'm almost positive Eunsoo is the one in black with the long hair tied down low. My two faves skating in the same rink together omg.:hap93:

Very interesting interview from Raf and it does explain why she seemed so distant already at Nationals if talks were already going through by November. With all coaching changing drama going on recently, I really respect how Marin and Hamada dealt with their separation.:)

kimi492

Final Flight
Thanks for the video! Despite loving FS, I've never actually taken classes so it's interesting to see what it looks like. I agree with you that Marin's the one in pink and I'm almost positive Eunsoo is the one in black with the long hair tied down low. My two faves skating in the same rink together omg.:hap93:

Very interesting interview from Raf and it does explain why she seemed so distant already at Nationals if talks were already going through by November. With all coaching changing drama going on recently, I really respect how Marin and Hamada dealt with their separation.:)

I thought that was Eunsoo but her hair looked black so I thought it wasn't her

Kara

Final Flight
I thought that was Eunsoo but her hair looked black so I thought it wasn't her

She recently dyed it back to black I think from pics on Instagram I've seen with her. It looks like she really enjoys to SoCal weather and lifestyle. I miss it too!:(

kimi492

Final Flight
yeah Eunsoo maybe is the tall girl in black, she is fast.
but Nathan is not there...

I don't think Nathan is going to be able to train with Raf anymore based on Raf's interview - he seems hinting at without coming right out and saying that going cross-country isn't fair to his other skaters - if he wouldn't do it for Jeffrey or Mao I don't think he'll do it with Nathan

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Here's an instagram video of Raf with a bunch of skaters - I'm pretty sure Marin is in the pink(?) I can't make out Eunsoo or any other known skaters but my eyes are bad, maybe you guys can spot them
Side note: Raf's classes seem exactly what I expected from him - drill sergeant like lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiaD4bXDVU1/

The girl in black with the long ponytail is definitely Eunsoo, them long legs give her away! [emoji23]
I think Marin is the one in pink, the others didn’t look like her at all so... It must be her in pink.
Very cool indeed!
Rafael seems... demanding. :)
I’m sooooo excited for next season!!!! Can’t wait to see the “very beautiful” and “unique” program Lori did for Marin !
My favorite program from Marin was her Romeo and Juliet. That one was very beautiful and although it was a major warhorse it was an amazing program, it showed Marin’s talents so well... Her interpretation was on point! Loved it! I hope she gets amazing programs this next season too.