• Deniss Vasiljevs

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Nathan Chen

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Kolyada has the best Triple Lutz, while Boyang has the best Quad.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Clearly Kolyada's 3Lz is the biggest https://youtu.be/Px-6NRKG4lg?t=28m35s but it's not my personal favourite because it can go a little bit off axis. In every other respect it is marvelous.

When I watched it live I thought for a moment he doubled - the height was so huge that 3 rotations were sort of lost there - he had a room for another two I think. As Julia commented once 'he launches like a rocket into space'

Globetrotter

Medalist
Answer is pretty obvious for current active men skaters - Jin Boyang for 4Lz. Han Yan and Kolyada both have very very good lutz as well although I give better weight to the former as his toe pick and little pre-rotation looks more impressive. If we go back historically, Tatsuki Machida and Brian Boitano stand out as having awesome lutzes technically.

FCSSp4

Rinkside
Boyang and Kolyada have show stopper lutzes. Really amazing. I also like Hanyu's that has a unique delicacy to it, very light and elegant.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Jason Brown doesn't do it anymore, but his backward Y-spiral into a tano 3Lz in his Riverdance program was out of this world.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Rippon - based on (the most interesting/good) position in the air, if he decides not to be active anymore, than Kolyada (based on the best height and distance)

s_parks

Record Breaker
boyang, absolutely perfect technique- italian eurosport described it best. kolyada and others are good as well but not quite as flawless with the toepick and position.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for all the contributions! Polls are now up and ready! Remember, these are for active competitive skaters. Vote on the skater who has the best technique for the triple Lutz.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Kolyada and Jin are almost tie in this category!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I should've voted for Han as there is no vote yet for him. He has a great and beautiful 3lz.

charlotte14

Medalist
I voted for Boyang because he landed the 4lz more often than Misha then I realize this thread is on 3lz lmao.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Kolyada has absolutely perfect technique on Lutz and his 3Lutz is also the biggest Lutz out of all men. Of course, he fails the 4Lutz very often but that's not an issue when discussing the 3Lutz.

zounger

Medalist
Kolyada's Lutz, you tape it and send it among the Vitruvian Man and etc. to space, in case there is an extraterrestrial life to give them know what Lutz is.