Mikhail Kolyada | Page 250 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

Tutto

Record Breaker
Well, that was such a world of butt-hurt, I feel compelled to make a list:

7. Seeing images of Misha projected on Olympic ice arena wall.
6. Seeing Mishin sitting in the KnC looking all puffy and proud of his new prodigy (not to take anything away from Semenenko, who performed well).
5. Thinking how beautiful that baby blue Oly uniform would have looked on Misha (not so much Mishin, lol)
4. Hearing Danil Grassl skating to White Crow. I had to mute.
3. An early skater (I’ve forgotten his name, forgive me) skating to Misha’s cut of Nutcracker. I muted.
2. Seeing Mark get the power and the glory forever and ever (lil JCS joke) instead of Misha. I need to remind myself that I loved Mark when he burst on the scene, but as a counterpoint to Misha and as part a wonderful pair of skaters showing the diversity of styles in Russia.
1. Argh, possibly the worst, seeing Danny G up there next to Morisei. *cough* *cough* No REALLY! *cough*

Silver lining: I was less nervous. But I was still climbing the walls by the time Yuzu came on. I went to pour myself a glass of wine I was such a wreck, and then I watched Shoma through my fingers. (I’m sad about Yuzu; I don’t like GOAT talk and US fans will say Nathan’s the GOAT, and that will annoy me.) Yay, Shoma tho!

That said, if I was that much of a wreck for Yuzu and Shoma, I can’t even imagine what I would have been like watching Misha! Good lord!

Really the major disappointment was Yuzu. You always want to see a legend at his best. I really do think it was a chunk of ice.
Nicely put, RoundedBackCamel! And congrats on Shoma doing so well. Re Yuzu - I feel that Japanese have no talent for retiring timely. Mao comes to mind immediately I wasn't the fan but it nearly broke my heart to watch her struggling. Tatsuki on other hand retired far too early and definitely broke my heart!

Tutto

Record Breaker
Mika will take part in the Team Event in Sochi on 5-8th March.
Day 1 - jump fest
Day 2 - LP
Day 3 - Gala

Still no word on his participation at Worlds...

Tutto

Record Breaker

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker

Averbuh will still be Misha's choreographer in the new season

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Thank you for posting that. It feels kind of like a consolation prize for us—and for him, as he won the “competition” after being treated horribly by the fed. I’m sure a lot of you feel as conflicted as I do being Misha fans.

Can anyone give me any context/translation of what Yagudin asks him? Mishin told him not to do interviews and not let people get inside his head, but clearly that didn’t work. He seems broken since 2018. Maybe if he had confronted his demons more publicly they wouldn’t have built up so. We know that’s not his nature, though. But carrying the weight of Mother Russia sure didn’t help him. Perhaps shrugging it off would have worked better ala Shoma when he’s had disastrous skates. Fake it till you make it.

Yagudin certainly does deserve to be blown off, in any case.

It’s poignant seeing that as likely his final White Crow performance and that no one got to see it in international competition.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Misha skated a new Ex at a show in Moscow yesterday. I admit, I get easily excited by the quad jumping youngsters, and sometimes I just forget about what an amazing performer Misha is and how his skating skills really stand out not just among the Russian men but among the best figure skaters in the world. So sometimes it takes a little reminder for me to appreciate Misha's superior sliding and movements across the ice. Well, his performance yesterday was that reminder. To say it (almost) with the words of the song, when he skates I go weak. :laugh: