My next boot | Golden Skate

My next boot

nina6274

Spectator
Hi, I’m 1,54 cm and weight 52 kg currently working on some doubles and my axel. I have an edea chorus with coronation ace lite blades and my boot is starting to break, my coach says I need more stiffer boots and everyone is recommending ice flys but I’m not sure if it’s the ideal for me since is rated for triples and quads. Im also searching for blades better than mine because I’ll have to change them. Any comments or recommendations?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi, I’m 1,54 cm and weight 52 kg currently working on some doubles and my axel. I have an edea chorus with coronation ace lite blades and my boot is starting to break, my coach says I need more stiffer boots and everyone is recommending ice flys but I’m not sure if it’s the ideal for me since is rated for triples and quads. Im also searching for blades better than mine because I’ll have to change them. Any comments or recommendations?
If edea fits your foot well, concerto should work. Look into MK Gold Star blades.

Trensharo

Rinkside
Stay on Choronation Ace.

Concerto has a stiffer tongue than Ice Fly, so the boot is actually stronger than an Ice Fly. That's why they're marketed pretty heavily to pairs. Ice Fly is the next logical step, but Concerto is $100 cheaper so I would bias in that direction.

Also, the boot design and materials are more similar to Chorus, so literally no adjustment outside of the boot being stronger - which you need.

There is nothing between chorus and concerto. Anything beyond chorus is rated for triples and quads. Ignore that detail :)

You don't need to switch blades For axel and your first doubles, though. I would prefer to keep that consistent at this point in time.