Nathan Chen | Page 861 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
He would need to take more time off school for Shanghai Trophy as it has both SP (Fri, 10/4) and FS (Sat, 10/5) this year.

Where did you read that? There are so many competitions going on that it would be hard to coordinate. Last time it was 3 days and the final day was reserved for the gala.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Saw the 2019 schedule here.

This schedule includes Synchro (SYS) and Short Track (ST). FS is the abbreviation for Figure Skating, not Free Skate. The Chinese text says that Ladies and Pairs perform their Free Skate on Friday, and Men and Ice Dance perform their Free/Long programs on Saturday.

Tahuu

On the Ice
This schedule includes Synchro (SYS) and Short Track (ST). FS is the abbreviation for Figure Skating, not Free Skate. The Chinese text says that Ladies and Pairs perform their Free Skate on Friday, and Men and Ice Dance perform their Free/Long programs on Saturday.

Wait. One of the photo has figure skating schedule to the hours in English, showing SP/RD and FS/FD of all 4 disciplines.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Wait. One of the photo has figure skating schedule to the hours in English, showing SP/RD and FS/FD of all 4 disciplines.

Oh, ok. I missed that on the schedule. LOL Strange that they would have a short program too this year. Although it's on Friday and Saturday so that might not be too bad?

alexaa

Final Flight

Hollymolly

Medalist
I would like him to concentrate on school and the two GP assignments. Personally I think it would be wise to skip both JO and the Shanghai Trophy. With the amount of the travel and jetlag, it is not worth all the hassle. He doesn't need the JO money. He can easily earn the amount of money from summer shows if he is healthy.

Kinosita group host JO. So, I think they will invite Vincent this year.(Japanese female skater lineup is already announced, and they all belong Kinosita group.) And always they invited 1 competitive skater and 1 retired skater... If Vincent invited JO, Nathan probably skips this time.
Is there any possibility that Nathan competes at US classic? I really want he focuses on GP assignments, but also I worry that he doesn’t have a chance to get feedback from judges before real competition is started.

alexaa

Final Flight
Kinosita group host JO. So, I think they will invite Vincent this year.(Japanese female skater lineup is already announced, and they all belong Kinosita group.) And always they invited 1 competitive skater and 1 retired skater... If Vincent invited JO, Nathan probably skips this time.
Is there any possibility that Nathan competes at US classic? I really want he focuses on GP assignments, but also I worry that he doesn’t have a chance to get feedback from judges before real competition is started.

I would rather see him at CS series than JO. Japan is too far away and the time too close to SkAm. It is especially bad this year with IdF is almost right after SkAm. ACI would be much better than US classic in terms of travel, but he definitely is not going to ACI.

RainMaker

On the Ice
Here's the announcement for Shanghai Trophy
https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...1531-shanghai-trophy-2019-announcement-1/file

It sounds about the same as last time. Invitations are sent to the top finishers from the previous Worlds and they go down the list until the roster is filled. However last time the scheduling was so poor that nearly all of the top skaters declined the invitation.

i think nathan should do it, 25k for first only have to do 1 short program. that worth it easy money

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Wouldn’t he have to do his short and long program at Shanghai Trophy?

I think competing in China could be a good experience for him - but quite a lot of travel time - and with Skate America shortly after.

Tahuu

On the Ice
Shanghai Trophy:
Get feedback on both programs before GP starts but will miss more school.

Japan Open:
A low pressure competition and will get feedback on the FS.

Hollymolly

Medalist
Shanghai Trophy:
Get feedback on both programs before GP starts but will miss more school.

Japan Open:
A low pressure competition and will get feedback on the FS.
Both are not the best decision.. CS is more good for Nathan, in my opinion

sheetz

Record Breaker
The scheduling isn't the best, but I think doing Shanghai Trophy would be good career move for Nathan. He's never competed in China and hasn't performed in a show there since WIWA 9 years ago. Nathan's ATS appearance seems to have gained him a lot more Korean fans on social media so it's likely that will also happen in China. I'd be surprised if Hanyu did Shanghai Trophy since he's never even done JO.

Nathan on the wall of the IMG hospitality suite at Wimbledon!
https://twitter.com/NickMcCarvel/status/1145977000210894850

Nathan on the cover of the latest Patinage magazine
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzaQtJqIHJH/

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Patinage magazine seems really slow. I’m still waiting for the issue with Nathan’s playlist.