Nathan Chen | Page 880 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

shine

Record Breaker
Wasn't the version of LoA he performed at Sun Valley also a shortened version? I think he later added the stsq in the middle. So....this could still be his FS *shudders*

shine

Record Breaker
It was 3:20 long. But my point is even if the program he did at Sun Valley is only 3 min, it could just be a shortened version of the FS, not necessarily an exhibition. Also, I don't think skaters usually include multiple songs into one program for a show program.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
He has a full out slide across the ice in the middle of the program during 'bennie and the jets' if this is a LP we have problems.

Hollymolly

Medalist
It was 3:20 long. But my point is even if the program he did at Sun Valley is only 3 min, it could just be a shortened version of the FS, not necessarily an exhibition. Also, I don't think skaters usually include multiple songs into one program for a show program.

Yes. And the program also looks including so many jumps and steps.

La Boheme full video is here
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1A2RtjJZ_N/?igshid=1kzvgg0ov9oza

Ella5555

On the Ice
Thanks, Mamamiia! Always happy to see your videos. The camera work is great.

I’m still debating in my mind which program this is. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. However, he only had 3 jumping passes (typical for an exhibition) while he did 6 jumping passes when he performed LoA at Sun Valley last year (if I’m counting right).

lurkz2

On the Ice
Rocket Man is kinda fast for a FS. Is it possible that it is going to be the SP and La Boheme is the FS? Since they're both currently the same length with the same number of jumping passes.

besti loop

On the Ice
My friend who was at Sun Valley said Nathan told her it is a "half version" of his FS.

So yeah, this is the FS
And of course this isn't the full version cause there was no combo spins even.
I really wonder where is he going to put at least 4 quads... :) and combo-spins

1111bm

Final Flight
I mean there's your 'typical' IJS step sequence in it, so of course it's a shortened version of his new long program, no?

Mamamiia, the best part about your Rocketman recording is the fact that we can see Nathan's grinning face so clearly! He's having so much fun there. :luv17:
(and that's a pretty mischievous grin, like he knows exactly how his fans will react to this :laugh:)

sheetz

Record Breaker
My friend who was at Sun Valley said Nathan told her it is a "half version" of his FS.

Yeah, thanks to Mama's videos that's what I figured. He does 3lz then goes straight into the step sequence so a lot of stuff has been cut out. I think most of the program is skated to Rocketman and then the Bennie part is just for the choreo sequence and final spin. I guess that could be "ok".

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Didn't Nathan say last year that he originally wanted to skate to hip hop when Shae found Caravan? I'm not surprised he'd like this version of Bennie and the Jets.