Nathan Chen | Page 902 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Omg at Shoma, unexpected

Yea the ice is crap, nobody was landing their jumps right.

But it’s over with and he can focus on his finals now. Hope he gets some good rest during thanksgiving break and have a couple of days with Raf. Considering his schedule, I felt IDF was kinda the one he’d have to wing it in terms of performance because not much time between his first GP and this and he’s missing class/in the middle of midterms for it. He got the job done and did well all things considers.

1111bm

Final Flight
And Raf was smiling despite the not so great skate, he's really the favorite son

Yeah I thought it was funny, that they showed Raf having this stern, stone-faced expression right after Nathan's skate, but the moment Nathan was skating towards him, laughing, getting off the ice, Raf was grinning all over his face! :laugh:
I honestly think he couldn't stay "mad" when he saw Nathan being his endearing, laughing self. ;)

My understanding is that the ice conditions can change when the rink is filled with people.

That is correct. But I still wouldn't be so fast to blame the ice, at the most maybe for the 4S, but other than that I think it was more likely the usual nerves coupled with feeling not as prepared and in shape due to his tight schedule.

Ella5555

On the Ice
Congrats to Nathan! It’s not the skate he wanted, but considering the quick turnaround time and being sick after SA and school, he got the job done. Now rest, recovery and Raf (the 3 Rs). LOL. And he still won by over 30 points even with the not perfect skate.

Mamamiia

Medalist
Yeah I thought it was funny, that they showed Raf having this stern, stone-faced expression right after Nathan's skate, but the moment Nathan was skating towards him, laughing, getting off the ice, Raf was grinning all over his face! :laugh:
I honestly think he couldn't stay "mad" when he saw Nathan being his endearing, laughing self. ;)

That is correct. But I still wouldn't be so fast to blame the ice, at the most maybe for the 4S, but other than that I think it was more likely the usual nerves coupled with feeling not as prepared and in shape due to his tight schedule.

That Raf's face was the highlight of the event to me lol.

discode

Final Flight
IDF helps him adapt to different ice situations at least :laugh:

And no plate this year, they are giving out medals.

1111bm

Final Flight
IDF helps him adapt to different ice situations at least :laugh:

And no plate this year, they are giving out medals.

No way! out of... out of metal?? :shocked:

ETA: Never mind, just tuned in. Huh, metal indeed... but they still went with that shaky disco ball podium. :laugh: One step at a time France, one step at a time...

ETA 2: Oh hey, biggest surprise of the event for me: Nathan managed to defeat the carpet!! :laugh:

IDF is always the worst. Please skating gods, don’t let him have IDF next year 🙏

As far as memory helps, all French events are some kind of disappointing. Who can forget the plastic medals and then plastic stars instead of medals? I really don’t like to see my favorite skaters there 😤

Hollymolly

Medalist

heyheyhey

Final Flight
Random but does anyone have the videos of Nathan’s 2019 Nationals that had the michael Weiss/Charlie white commentary instead of Johnny/Tara? Can’t seem to find them.