Off-ice Spinner Slippage | Golden Skate

Off-ice Spinner Slippage

Alberstol

Rinkside
I have one of those rockered Edea off-ice spinners and a laminate wooden flooring platform on which to use it that I don't mind scratching/blemishing. However, the flooring is perhaps a little too slick and the spinner sometimes slips completely freely across the surface. I previously lived elsewhere and had some different flooring tiles that had more friction and didn't cause such slippage, but I no longer have access to those.

Does anyone have experience with this and/or suggestions for reducing the slippage? I tried putting some masking tape on the spinner, but that started to break down to sticky mush quite quickly. FWIW I don't mind damaging/dirtying the platform as it is comprised of spare pieces.

sashavis

Rinkside
Country
United-States
You could always purchase a bit of dance flooring, or a few tiles that have more friction from a hardware store. I found some dance flooring on the internet with a quick google search for around $15, and that could help reduce slippage. I've used the Edea spinners before in a few different settings, and they seem to perform well on the dance flooring. Just a few ideas!

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Basic linoleum flooring may be cheaper. Make sure you don't get anything textured. I made that mistake and needless to say, I wasn't very happy.