Olga Mikutina | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Olga Mikutina

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ISU didn't provide any of Olga's skates at GP France as individual videos this time, but someone uploaded her practise sessions. Some beautiful jumping and choreo to be admired:

I believe in Olga! Once she's done growing her jumps will come back. And she already has all the goods performance-wise to fight with the leading ladies plus a unique style that sets her apart from the rest.
Next stop: Japan! :cheer2: :cheer::cheer2:
She really has her own style, it sets her apart. I think she will come back strong, hopefully by Europeans. :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
The ISU didn't provide any of Olga's skates at GP France as individual videos this time, but someone uploaded her practise sessions. Some beautiful jumping and choreo to be admired:

I believe in Olga! Once she's done growing her jumps will come back. And she already has all the goods performance-wise to fight with the leading ladies plus a unique style that sets her apart from the rest.
Next stop: Japan! :cheer2: :cheer::cheer2:
Yes, it seems they only do the top 5 or 6 now (for singles) 🤔

yesterday

Record Breaker
The flow of that costume is brilliant! Wouldn't mind to see it again some time after this season (will she continue to always keep one program for 2 seasons?)

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Olga's inspired SP at Euros. :cheer2: You can really see how much fun she is having with that program. Can't wait to see it again at Worlds.

yesterday

Record Breaker
So, as Olga's possible last event before Worlds took place last weekend, I now checked the protocols.
She still seems to be a bit of a surprise bag concerning jumps (pops) and had a freak fall -1, not shown on any element.

I compared the sheet to hers of NHK Trophy to see if they made any (major) changes.

They might go for the Flip in the Eu combo instead of the Lz and therefore start off with Lz-Toe.
Everything else seems to be the same.

NHK Trophy: F-T/Lo/Lz-Eu-Sal/Spin/A/Spin/Lz/StSq/Sal-Lo/A/ChSq/Spin
Feldkirch Tr.: Lz-T/Lo/F-Eu-Sal/Spin/A/Spin/Lz/StSq/Sal-Lo/A/ChSq/Spin

fun fact: she got exactely the same TES score in both events - 58.34 :ROFLMAO: (Feldkirch ofc had the -1)

So all in all I guess we can say that the changes might just be for the feeling and not to optimze points as she just has to land them all as planned and not put a 1A or a 2Lz in there. Don't care for a q or < even. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, 3S instead of 2S at the big combo should also be her focus. She did this in Feldkirch, but idk if that was due to the Flip or just her better form later in the season.

Sources:

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Thanks for finding this! I've been a bit out of touch with skating in Austria lately, not least because the new streaming service really annoys me. Gone are the days when I watched the Hippolyt Cup on a snowy Sunday afternoon. :(

But this, of course, has nothing to do with Olga, and I will happily add another 1st place to her competitive history in the OP. :) May this victory give her further confidence for a spirited performance at the upcoming World Championships!

yesterday

Record Breaker
ISU has 2 pictures of Olga in the gallery and I can't decide which one I like better :biggrin:

isu-world-figure-skating-championships-saitama.jpg

isu-world-figure-skating-championships-saitama.jpg