Olympics: Top 10 and "dark horses" | Golden Skate

Olympics: Top 10 and "dark horses"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Which skaters/teams do you think will place in the top ten in each discipline? Who do you think the "dark horses" will be?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
All the teams will place in the top ten of the team event :)

For the rest : in women and pairs, Russia will have at least their 3 entries in the top 6.
Men : Japanese/USA showdown, could be 6 members of the top 10.
Ice Dance : I am hoping for 2 Canadian teams in the top 10...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I suspect the top 5 in pairs will consist only of Russians and Chinese skaters. In the top 10, I think one of or both American Pairs will sneak in, as well as one or two Canadian Pairs. Perhaps the Georgians will fit in there as well. Dark horses for the top 10 are the Germans and the Spanish (which perhaps is more a wish on my part, because I like them so much).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I suspect the top 5 in pairs will consist only of Russians and Chinese skaters. In the top 10, I think one of or both American Pairs will sneak in, as well as one or two Canadian Pairs. Perhaps the Georgians will fit in there as well. Dark horses for the top 10 are the Germans and the Spanish (which perhaps is more a wish on my part, because I like them so much).
What about the Japanese pairs. They have been crushing it.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am also looking at Georgian team and Korean women as potential dark horses.

My biggest heart’s wish for men, is for Russian teen titans to end in top 10 (with Mozalev being the darkest of all my horses), for Grassl—in top 6, for Uno or Zhou—on the podium.

In women, I am hoping for Safonova to be in top 10, a Young You—in top 6, and Trusova on the podium, beating Scherbakova

In pairs, I want B/K to win (impossible, I know) and for J/R and DellaM/G to make top 10…

And, in dance, I just want to see S/B and S/D make top 6

Last edited:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I’m predicting Russia gold and silver in the ladies with a surprise bronze. Fingers crossed it could be Kaori or Wakaba 🤩

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Men:
Skaters who will be in top 10 in any order:
Shoma UNO, Yuma KAGIYAMA, Yuzuru HANYU, Nathan CHEN, Vincent ZHOU, Jason BROWN, Boyang JIN, Keegan MESSING, Mark KONDRIATUK, Daniel Grassl.
Dark horse for bronze: Vincent Zhou

Women:
Skaters who will be in top 10 in any order:
VALIEVA, Anna SHCHERBAKOVA, Alexandra TRUSOVA, Kaori SAKAMOTO, Wakaba HIGUCHI, Young YOU, Yelim KIM, Loena Hendrickx, Mariah Bell, Alysa Liu.
Dark horses for bronze: Young YOU, Kaori SAKAMOTO, Loena Hendrickx.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I would love it if a Dark Horse came in for the ladies event. It's boring to me if one country sweeps all the medals

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Same :slink: at the very least if all three Russian women end up on the podium I want them to have the skates of their lives and real Olympic moments

Agreed. At least one of them needs to skate clean or close to clean and win. It's really not a good look if the winner has multiple falls/errors even if they are technically on a different planet than the rest of the field. It's astonishing how we thought 7 jumping passes in the second half was an unfair advantage to the rest of the field, and now look at them. :laugh: :rock:

I don't think there's anything wrong with a Russian sweep if they deserve it. I mean, the other countries are welcome to improve themselves. I just hope the PCS will be scored accordingly even though Eteri's girls get de facto huge PCS no matter how they skate.