Ondrej Nepela 2017 full List of entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ondrej Nepela 2017 full List of entries

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Wishing Dmitri a speedy recovery! At the same time, I'm superexcited I'll get to see Voronov live. :)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Popping in to say I enjoyed myself tremendously at this event.

- I loved the casual atmosphere, and for me the experience was better than Europeans 2016. I think I prefer the small events from now on. It was great to see the skaters just mill around, doing exercise in the corridors. I hope to see at least some of them again next year! *fingers crossed*

- Thanks to @Tulipstar, @hamaguri and @viennaskater for dropping in to say hi and joining the cheering bandwagon. I think we did our fair share of making the place merry. :)

- while I didn't always agree with the judging (I thought Ceska/Mansour and Hayrapetyan for one, were so underscored!), I loved all the skaters (though some more than others, lol). I'm in awe at how tough and brave they are. I was glad to see Artan in the free skating after the scary looking injury he'd got in the practice session, though it was obvious the leg was still giving him trouble. To all the skaters who participated - Thank you for the unforgettable experience. <3

- I'm happy I got the chance to hand my favorites the little presents I'd prepared for them, with the exception of Medvedeva who was, as was to be expected, in high demand, but fortunately the staff agreed to take my present to her. I'm still over the moon I managed to get the autographs of all 3 members of team Japan, and photos with two of them. I've never asked any celebrity for either, but skaters are an exception. ^ ^ And all the skaters I approached were so charming and kind and polite. :love: I hope I told Rika Hongo I loved her skating, but with my elementary Japanese, I can't be too sure, maybe I told her I loved her skates, lol. Which would explain why both her and her coach were smiling, lol again...

- I wish many more successful skates to those who did great here (go, Hongo, Voronov, Kolyada! It was great to see them so happy!), and the best of luck to those who didn't have great performances here. I'll be thinking of you guys, and keeping my fingers crossed; especially so for poor Tanaka, who didn't have a good skate in the free, and is fighting for an Olympic spot against Mura, I imagine. Good luck next time!

- I hope the organization is better next time in terms of no more late FS (like, past 10 PM). Audience is scarce, and everybody's tired, that's not ideal. Not to mention the annoyance of trying to get back to one's hotel at midnight due to having stayed faithfully to cheer during the medal ceremonies (about 11.30), and finding out the last buses had already left. I wonder to what extent this was to blame for the many FS mishaps for men.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Popping in to say I enjoyed myself tremendously at this event.

- I loved the casual atmosphere, and for me the experience was better than Europeans 2016. I think I prefer the small events from now on. It was great to see the skaters just mill around, doing exercise in the corridors. I hope to see at least some of them again next year! *fingers crossed*

- Thanks to @Tulipstar, @hamaguri and @viennaskater for dropping in to say hi and joining the cheering bandwagon. I think we did our fair share of making the place merry. :)

- while I didn't always agree with the judging (I thought Ceska/Mansour and Hayrapetyan for one, were so underscored!), I loved all the skaters (though some more than others, lol). I'm in awe at how tough and brave they are. I was glad to see Artan in the free skating after the scary looking injury he'd got in the practice session, though it was obvious the leg was still giving him trouble. To all the skaters who participated - Thank you for the unforgettable experience. <3

- I'm happy I got the chance to hand my favorites the little presents I'd prepared for them, with the exception of Medvedeva who was, as was to be expected, in high demand, but fortunately the staff agreed to take my present to her. I'm still over the moon I managed to get the autographs of all 3 members of team Japan, and photos with two of them. I've never asked any celebrity for either, but skaters are an exception. ^ ^ And all the skaters I approached were so charming and kind and polite. :love: I hope I told Rika Hongo I loved her skating, but with my elementary Japanese, I can't be too sure, maybe I told her I loved her skates, lol. Which would explain why both her and her coach were smiling, lol again...

- I wish many more successful skates to those who did great here (go, Hongo, Voronov, Kolyada! It was great to see them so happy!), and the best of luck to those who didn't have great performances here. I'll be thinking of you guys, and keeping my fingers crossed; especially so for poor Tanaka, who didn't have a good skate in the free, and is fighting for an Olympic spot against Mura, I imagine. Good luck next time!

- I hope the organization is better next time in terms of no more late FS (like, past 10 PM). Audience is scarce, and everybody's tired, that's not ideal. Not to mention the annoyance of trying to get back to one's hotel at midnight due to having stayed faithfully to cheer during the medal ceremonies (about 11.30), and finding out the last buses had already left. I wonder to what extent this was to blame for the many FS mishaps for men.

I had a really great time as well :agree:

Thank you to @Surimi, @Surimi's mom, @Hamaguri and @Viennaskater for being great company. We sure did our best to cheer, didn't we? :)
It was my first time attending a figure skating competition and the audience really helped making it special. There were more people than I had thought there would be beforehand, especially during the FP for ladies. The Slovakian skaters got a lot of support, but so did the other skaters.

The ending was indeed a bit too late, I think. It must have been hard on the skaters and might be the reason for some of the mistakes.

I mostly just follow singles ( because it is hard enough to learn all the rules, moves etc), but I absolutely loved seeing pairs. I think I'll be following that more closely.