ONE PIECE on Ice 2023 (Yokohama, Nagoya): Cast, Dates, Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ONE PIECE on Ice 2023 (Yokohama, Nagoya): Cast, Dates, Info

rabidline

Final Flight
I'm super excited for this show, and especially for the opportunity to get the skaters involved exposure to a more mainstream audience. Whilst figure skating is popular in Japan, One Piece is a major blockbuster and I hope this will attract some more fans to skating/following the skaters :pray:
I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit more relaxed about this show since it won't start until August but Kazuki's photo and interview video today pumped me up again :ROFLMAO:

I mean, Marin looks amazing too but she's like... Marin Honda, I have seen her do a lot more celebrity/media-related stuff in Japan more often (like, she's going to dance with a famous KPOP group next week at a Japan music show, that's the level she works on LOL) so her looking amazing as always was what I expected but!!! Kazuki!!!!!!!!! Looking cool and very in-character but then back to his Kazuki self!!! Since his role isn't the most well-known (his character didn't get a special illustration), I was a bit worried, but they did proper character promo for him! (as they should but you never know these days).

I still wish the tickets are a bit cheaper (Shoma said they are expensive due to the work needed for on-ice projection and lighting) because I think this can be a family-friendly show. Usually people who go to Japan ice shows and willing to fork over tons of money are hardcore skating fans, so there's not much appeal to casual watchers unless they go to a remote area. Hopefully with the consistent content they're giving out (I'm actually surprised at how they're able to stagger it), it can attract more casual watchers.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Thank you, @rabidline !
Kazuki is indeed the best thus far.
Marin looks rather like Boa Hancock (a fan-favorite character from another arc of the series) but this is not the end product so I remain hopeful. Rika and Rinka seem happy with their characters, which is also important. I was most worried about Crocodile because, ahem, they did not have much physical resemblance but apparently it's not that important if the skater can do the choreo convincingly - and he definitely can.

By the way, I accidentally spotted the Crocodile Theme (from anime) on YouTube. I think that this theme is glide-friendly ;)

ETA: and this is the Alabasta Theme Song (still no idea if they will use any anime music):

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
By the way, I accidentally spotted the Crocodile Theme (from anime) on YouTube. I think that this theme is glide-friendly ;)

ETA: and this is the Alabasta Theme Song (still no idea if they will use any anime music):
They sound great! The ice show did state they will use voiceovers from the original Voice Actors of the anime, so it's likely that they will use music / themes / motifs from the anime as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Meanwhile Sanji and his long legs are spotlighted today 😆 I was a bit disappointed when they posted Koshiro's photo since you can't see his legs, but his video made up for it 😆

yesterday

Record Breaker
They sound great! The ice show did state they will use voiceovers from the original Voice Actors of the anime, so it's likely that they will use music / themes / motifs from the anime as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Meanwhile Sanji and his long legs are spotlighted today 😆 I was a bit disappointed when they posted Koshiro's photo since you can't see his legs, but his video made up for it 😆

hahaha super!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Edit: rabidline was faster. :biggrin:

I like Keiji's and Takahito's teasers best so far. I can imagine them looking like proper pirates in full gear. I wonder, if the actual costumes will be revealed before the show's premiere? (Atm everyone looks like they were unexpectedly thrown into a pirate roleplay on a business trip. ;))

rabidline

Final Flight
I like Keiji's and Takahito's teasers best so far. I can imagine them looking like proper pirates in full gear. I wonder, if the actual costumes will be revealed before the show's premiere? (Atm everyone looks like they were unexpectedly thrown into a pirate roleplay on a business trip. ;))
With the price of those tickets, I think they probably want to save the costumes for the show itself 😂 I do think Keiji's and Mura's teasers are the most pirate-like out of everyone but I think it's by the virtue of their characters, which are the most pirate-like.

My favorite teasers are Koshiro (when his video highlighted his LONG LEGS, I knew the production team understood me on a personal level) and Rinka, because while I know she looks nothing like the character, the vibe of her photo and video is just so cute, especially when she hunched her shoulders since Chopper does that too.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Rinka, because while I know she looks nothing like the character, the vibe of her photo and video is just so cute, especially when she hunched her shoulders since Chopper does that too.
It was out of the blue for me. I only knew that she could do 3A and now idea that she could perform, like, really. And now, she notices such tiny details and gives us a character out of the blue with no costume, no props, and all you can do is to think that she is perfect for the role.
I'm still positively shocked.

I believe that there will be costumes and props at the end of the day. However, without them, skaters are showing characteristic moves, characteristic lines, and emotions so convincingly that this actually rises a hope in me that the end product might be not that bad regardless of the costumes. Fingers crossed!

Atm everyone looks like they were unexpectedly thrown into a pirate roleplay on a business trip. ;)
Plus, they look so happy to be on this trip that I wonder if those who are active as competitive skaters will keep this as an exhibition? Can they? I mean, aren't there copyright issues or something? :scratch2:

rabidline

Final Flight
It was out of the blue for me. I only knew that she could do 3A and now idea that she could perform, like, really. And now, she notices such tiny details and gives us a character out of the blue with no costume, no props, and all you can do is to think that she is perfect for the role.
I'm still positively shocked.

I believe that there will be costumes and props at the end of the day. However, without them, skaters are showing characteristic moves, characteristic lines, and emotions so convincingly that this actually rises a hope in me that the end product might be not that bad regardless of the costumes. Fingers crossed!
I have been loving Rinka's detailed facial expressions in her programs since last season so I'm happy you noticed that in her video! Honestly this cast is pretty good when you think about Japanese skaters, the one person who is clearly the worst and least natural in acting is Shoma (LOL) but I hope he carries his weight in terms of skating, at least 😆

Also, the cast have started training / practicing for the show:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I still wish the tickets are a bit cheaper (Shoma said they are expensive due to the work needed for on-ice projection and lighting) because I think this can be a family-friendly show. Usually people who go to Japan ice shows and willing to fork over tons of money are hardcore skating fans, so there's not much appeal to casual watchers unless they go to a remote area. Hopefully with the consistent content they're giving out (I'm actually surprised at how they're able to stagger it), it can attract more casual watchers.

No need to worry as the premium seats row 1 & row 2 as well as stand A & stand B at the Yokohama shows are already sold out. Therefore standing tickets for the area behind the 2nd floor seats have been released. :)

Price: ¥10,000

Tickets will go on sale from noon on Sunday, July 9.

For the Nagoya shows only a few of the stand A and stand B seats are left.

Source: https://twitter.com/onepieceonice/status/1677513819692883970

Plus, they look so happy to be on this trip that I wonder if those who are active as competitive skaters will keep this as an exhibition? Can they? I mean, aren't there copyright issues or something? :scratch2:

Apart from possible copyright issues, I suspect it will be more like other theatrical ice shows where there are no standalone numbers performed by individual skaters (with very few exceptions), but a continuous flow of scenes with two or more interacting characters telling the story.

rabidline

Final Flight
No need to worry as the premium seats row 1 & row 2 as well as stand A & stand B at the Yokohama shows are already sold out. Therefore standing tickets for the area behind the 2nd floor seats have been released. :)

Price: ¥10,000

Tickets will go on sale from noon on Sunday, July 9.

For the Nagoya shows only a few of the stand A and stand B seats are left.

Source: https://twitter.com/onepieceonice/status/1677513819692883970
Oh, that's good news! In Yokohama there is still Arena, SS and S seats but that's pretty cool if they open up standing rooms. Wow, there are fans who are able to buy tickets with that high of a price for a new ice show concept like this... With Nagoya, I hope they benefit from word of mouth (like The ICE back in 2018 after Mao no longer skates in the show, they started slow and by the end of the tour the last shows were sold out), especially since the Nagoya shows are still a month after the Yokohama shows.

KiraraChin

Medalist
"Tomono's Monogatari" article with lots of info re: the Koza and PIW ensemble battle scenes, and a Kazuki and Keiji joint interview about their feelings ahead of the show