P.J. Kwong, on Canada's FS Transformation | Golden Skate

P.J. Kwong, on Canada's FS Transformation

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
What a transition year for Canada. I think that it's a good momentum year for Gilles/Poirier, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Daleman, and Messing. Daleman's seemingly keeping her short but her long program is great; Messing's short is looking fantastic so far and just needs works on the long. And however their programs will be, G/P and M/M will benefit from the post-Olympic roster on the Grand Prix.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Sounds great, looking forward to a new season

GF2445

Record Breaker
This is going to be a long term rebuilding process. But I am sure Canada will rise to the top again soon.

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
I dont think Canada will be at the top any time soon. The amount of talented skaters coming out of Russia has muffled the competition.

TGee

Record Breaker
Canada's strength has run across disciplines.

A year ago, I was wondering where things would be in this quadrennial and had my concerns, but am feeling quite upbeat about the prospect .

The Junior Men are strong and coming together well.

While splits and retirements in Junior ice dance made us all wonder if Canada would have any prospects, the recombined teams are doing amazingly well for just a few months together ... And L&L are doing quite well, and Sousisse/Firus are stepping up as Seniors.

Pairs continue to be a strategic priority priority for Skate Canada. Junior pairs are being pushed to up their technical levels by the NextGen program.

Ladies will continue to be a challenge as the changes in early training take their time to move through the system. It will be another quadrennial before we see Canadian girls generally having the harder triple combos in Juniors.