Paul Wylie Video Interview | Golden Skate

Paul Wylie Video Interview

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a very enjoyable interview with Paul Wylie. Clips of his programs are interspersed with the conversation. It is lengthy but worth the time investment. What a great champion!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, given the length of the interview, I will need to watch this in chunks, but I will thanks to your recommendation @Arriba627 .

Paul was the ultimate Cinderella story at Albertville, truly a situation where winning silver almost eclipsed winning gold. :hap10:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His posture, his lines. Just amazing. There is even a clip of him doing a duet with Nancy Kerrigan, which I don't remember ever seeing. And to boot, he's a kind and gracious human being! :points:

noskates

Record Breaker
Paul's skate with Nancy Kerrigan was an exhibition piece to Last Night of the World from Miss Saigon. It was after the '92 Olys in Albertville. Hope this will display;=.

I remembered it because I had just seen Miss Saigon in New York and was in love with the music. Was so pleased they skated to it,

And since I was cruising around YouTube looking for the first video, I found this one. I think it absolutely shows Paul's beautiful artistry. He might not have had the jumps but have you ever seen an ice skater with such pointed toes?

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a gem that just got posted from 1981 NHK Paul Wylie FS

More of this event is currently currently being restored by someone.
Thanks whoever you are - it can be found here.