Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland

nimi

Medalist
Just in case somebody here missed this... Icetalk had a chat with Penny & Nick just before the Sheffield competition. Sounds like they are in a good place now and Penny's knee has been getting better faster than expected! (I'm typing this while trying to keep my fingers crossed, I don't want to jinx them lol)

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two will be competing at NHK this weekend :cheer: :agree: They've replaced Tobias/Tkchenko. SOOO happy!! :yahoo:

bramweld

Record Breaker
They so deserved the spot :clap:

YaaSSSS!! I hope these two bring it. They have really good programs this season. Could they be the ones to surprise and get to that podium spot? Their lifts are just GORGEOUS, and Igor has really polished their skating. Really excited to see how they've progressed from Nebelhorn.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
These two will be competing at NHK this weekend :cheer: :agree: They've replaced Tobias/Tkchenko. SOOO happy!! :yahoo:

So happy for them! :dance2: I was so mad, they did not get any invitation...

tulosai

Record Breaker
So happy for them! :dance2: I was so mad, they did not get any invitation...

I wan't mad-- I understood, and actually it's really hard for them with the rules about spots, at least before Nebelhorn-- but I sure was disappointed. I actually like Tobias/Tkchenko too and hope they're well, but this is such a great surprise for me about Penny and Nick- I can't wait to see them.

I will also say I think it was GOOD of the Japanese fed to issue an invitation at this late date... it would have been understandable if they'd let the spot go vacant, for both logistical and financial reasons. I am really impressed that they made this happen. Hopefully Penny and Nick aren't tooooo jet lagged though...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I wan't mad-- I understood, and actually it's really hard for them with the rules about spots, at least before Nebelhorn-- but I sure was disappointed. I actually like Tobias/Tkchenko too and hope they're well, but this is such a great surprise for me about Penny and Nick- I can't wait to see them.

I will also say I think it was GOOD of the Japanese fed to issue an invitation at this late date... it would have been understandable if they'd let the spot go vacant, for both logistical and financial reasons. I am really impressed that they made this happen. Hopefully Penny and Nick aren't tooooo jet lagged though...

Japanese fed/NHK organisers sure know how to 'please' the crowd and not let spots to waste:), especially making room for Penny and Nick who are getting back to competition after such hard time. So, so happy for them, more maracas up:cheer::cheer::cheer:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Well, I thought that due to the fact that Penny & Nick were in top 10 at Worlds before missing whole year due to injury, they could get a returning skaters spot. But somehow it wasn't applied to them. I like T/T too, it's sad they had to WD.
But as you said, so great the Japanese fed gave the spot to C/B! Would be a pity if the spot went to waste while they were ready to compete in GP series.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
I found an anounce of this piece about Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland in Hielo Español. It seems to be part of a bigger tv program, made by a spanish journalist, and they talk about Penny's injury and their come back. It's entirely in English, I hope you enjoy it.
Dancing On The Edge TRAILER

MelDee

Final Flight
Casual fans love acrobatics, no doubt. :cool2:

I think it was more of a disbelief at the standard of skating demonstrated by Penny and Nick, they got rave reviews on social media on the actual skating - if you watch any of the celeb performances on DoI (maybe except Jake Quickenden, who's quite good), you'll see why the general public would be in awe, as this performance naturally poses a huge contrast to the celeb skating on the show.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What a lovely skate and a lovely send off! Thank you, MelDee for the link.

Last edited:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I don’t have much hope that they will return for Beijing but I really hope they do one more senior season before retiring. It would be my dream come true to see them at a GPF!