Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I also thought about the Don McLean song first. But it doesn’t especially strike me as a good song to skate to; it’s very slow and gentle, not much in the way of points to accentuate with choreo, etc.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
There’s a 2018 version by Ellie Goulding that’s beautiful and haunting but very slow as well.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
It could be just one of the songs they skate to as part of a medley of songs for the FD. Piper seems like she will give multiple clues; perhaps one clue for each song.

mouse

Rinkside
It could be just one of the songs they skate to as part of a medley of songs for the FD. Piper seems like she will give multiple clues; perhaps one clue for each song.

That makes sense. I do wonder if Starry Starry night is a song what will go with it. But Piper and Paul are excellent at creativity so I'm sure they'll find exactly what works. I can't wait to see. I think that this will be their year.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Piper's latest Instagram Story was about her finding a Van Gogh print at the vintage market, so one of their programs this year is definitely Van Gogh-themed.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm thinking about the ever so inventive Paul. I wonder what he'll come up with! ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
well, imagine Paul with bandaged ear:laugh::drama::laugh:

(tbh, I do not believe they will be that literal, but the vision of it is hilarious!:))

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Stranger things have happened! :rofl:

True that;), regardless of what it will be, they sure bring from some time a bit of uniqueness and freshness in their material, perspective taken on movement and music/theme. I think that Van Gogh-themed program would perfectly facilitate their signature quirk/originality, but stay in artistic modernity line of programs, sourcing directly from art. And what makes things more exciting is how consummate they are usually with their material - staying in character for the whole dance and having that continuation after performance and through their costumes/expression. I bet Piper will come with something totally dope as costumes:)

LadyB

Record Breaker
And what makes things more exciting is how consummate they are usually with their material - staying in character for the whole dance and having that continuation after performance and through their costumes/expression. I bet Piper will come with something totally dope as costumes:)

Absolutely! Piper as sunflower? Paul as night sky? Oh, I can't wait!!!!

slider11

Medalist
Very excited to see Piper and Paul this coming season. After the tragic loss of her mother, Piper will need all the support and love we can muster! We're with you, Piper!

LadyB

Record Breaker
I wonder (hope) whether there will be some footage of next week's performance at the Scarborough Skating Club, which is also in honour of Piper's mum. :pray:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looks like they're going to Nebelhorn first. They won bronze there a few years ago; there are only a handful of teams that could deny them the gold this time, and I suspect they won't be showing up.

LadyB

Record Breaker
When I saw they're going to Nebelhorn I was (and still am) mega tempted to go there, but my holidays are all already allocated for the rest of the year. :( I could only see them for gala and maybe meet them hanging around, which would be lovely. I'd really love to meet and talk to them. I'm sure, some of you guys have. :clap:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
When I saw they're going to Nebelhorn I was (and still am) mega tempted to go there, but my holidays are all already allocated for the rest of the year. :( I could only see them for gala and maybe meet them hanging around, which would be lovely. I'd really love to meet and talk to them. I'm sure, some of you guys have. :clap:

MEEEE!!!!:laugh:

In Milan, on my first day and just before Ladies' SP - lovely people, I was really surprised meeting them 'in flesh' that skaters are that tiny and relatively small, Piper looks like a porcelain figurine:love:

I have to say...I planned initially to go to Nepela, BUT right now I am soooo tempted to go to Nebelhorn instead!