Polina Tsurskaya

sneakers

Match Penalty
any bets she will go above 176cm she is only 14 years old
she could surpass Carolina Kostners height :shocked:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Does anyone have any info regarding Polina's withdrawal from Junior Worlds?

sarang

Spectator
from ISU twt

P. Tsurskaya (RUS) withdrawn from #WJCDebrecen as she sprained her ankle in practice. We wish a quick recovery.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm not superstitious, but if someone said this season is cursed I would believe it. How can it be that 2 of the top contenders in men & ladies injured their ankles so soon before competing? Crazy...poor Polina. :( But at least she had a dream season up until now.

butters

Rinkside
Nooooo, I was so looking forward to seeing her skate! :bang: Ugh, she was capable of winning. :sad46:
I hope next season is a dream season as well, she has so much potential.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Nooooo, I was so looking forward to seeing her skate! :bang: Ugh, she was capable of winning. :sad46:
I hope next season is a dream season as well, she has so much potential.
She wasn't only capable of winning, she was bound to win this! I hope that it's "only" a sprained ankle and that she'll get well soon, so that the preparation for next season isn't delayed. She's quickly becoming a favourite of mine, not only because of her huge jumps.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Champion of the Youth Olympic Games, the winner of the final Grand Prix of the Russian woman Pauline Tsurskaya withdrew from the World Championships in Debrecen because of an injury.

Skater injured ankle of the right foot today on the morning workout, and for this reason unable to continue performance at the world championships.

At the moment the athlete with the Russian team doctor Victor Anikanov located in Debrecen clinic to make an accurate diagnosis after an X-ray examination. Detailed comments will be given later.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2008-polina-tsurskaya-snyalas-s-chempionata-mira-iz-za-travmy.html

Hopefully it is just a sprained ankle.

butters

Rinkside
She wasn't only capable of winning, she was bound to win this! I hope that it's "only" a sprained ankle and that she'll get well soon, so that the preparation for next season isn't delayed. She's quickly becoming a favourite of mine, not only because of her huge jumps.
I hope so too. I loved her programs this season, especially her free skate. Nothing warhorse-y, and no vocals. I'm excited to know what she'll skate to next. On the bright side, there's always next year.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I was really expecting her !!! I wanted to see her skating!!! I'm very disappointed.:sad4:

Roman09

Final Flight
Junior Worlds. Some links for the history

NO links, NO vids, NO pics, NO articles.... only a HOPE... a hope on fast (but without speeding up) restoration and successful preparation for the new season... Personally I 'd prefer that Polina has lost everything in this champ but would remain safe... Now we can only wait and hope... hope and wait...

stryke

On the Ice
Junior Worlds. Some links for the history

NO links, NO vids, NO pics, NO articles.... only a HOPE... a hope on fast (but without speeding up) restoration and successful preparation for the new season... Personally I 'd prefer that Polina has lost everything in this champ but would remain safe... Now we can only wait and hope... hope and wait...

I am very nervous right now. Even though it was said there was no fracture we still haven't heard a single word or anything from Polina herself. I would just like to know she is ok. :(

The Finn

Record Breaker