Practice reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

lusk8

Record Breaker
Thank you Fluture and Georgia for your kind words :)
Let me just say once more: I do not believe Alina did it on purpose, she would never risk injuring herself I am sure of that. I guess ladies are all young, like you all said, and focused on their own practice :) thankfully nothing serious has happened and that is most important!

Thank you for your super comprehensive and detailed practice reports, you really make us feel like we are right there with you.

I hope you enjoy all your time at the arena, such a wonderful competition to witness live, I'm sure you'll have great stories for life just from being there.

:thank:

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
I have a question for the practice tomorrow... are any of you going? Is it even open? How likely is it that skaters will rock up at 7am? :p

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I see I'm not alone in seeing THIS as a separate element:laugh:

I begin to think he was cannier than we thought in putting it in, it's certainly made his one of the most memorable programs, people are definitely warming up just for the fun of it :laugh:

Sorry for so much Yuzu but I just cant Help myself!

You and 99.999999999999998% of the practice audience, so don't feel bad. At least you DID mention the others, so thank you! (oh yes, and for the Yuzu as well ;))

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
4S is not his best jump and he’s also looking under the weather? JUUUUUUUNHWAN. You will be JUUUUUULLLLIIIIEEEETTT if you go for the 4S when it’s not needed. Please be clean and take care of yourself!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think there were more perille during men's practice compared to RD. Well there is no japanese Dpair.

Metis

Record Breaker
I find the lack of Boyang footage and reports disturbing... is there an imbalance in the force?!

Metis

Record Breaker
Oh, Kenji. It’s been a heartbreaking event and it’s the middle of the night. Please pull it together and pull in and rotate.

Metis

Record Breaker
No RT for Boyang. Not at practice. Unknown what condition he’s in and if he’ll go on to compete. Then again, this also happened at Olys? Fingers crossed the Amazjin Boyangman is okay.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
No RT for Boyang. Not at practice. Unknown what condition he’s in and if he’ll go on to compete. Then again, this also happened at Olys? Fingers crossed the Amazjin Boyangman is okay.

Watch him finish just off the podium again:dance2:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Practice notes from today:

Group 1

Krasnozhon looks very strong and confindent; he jumps great in general but then failed some jumps during run through.
Same for Harris, good jumping today looks really strong.
Bychenko is on and off popped some jumps im not sure if he is doing these doubles on purpose or what is happening tbh but he didn’t look happy so I’m guessing not, he didn’t do a full rt just some parts with a very nice 3A somewhere in the middle ; he got better by the end of his rt but then started popping again when his rt ended ; his success rate with jumps is low today.
Tanaka was very good but he took a very bad fall on a quad I think but he had a great rt, he seems so strong ! I love his jumps, he doesn’t have crazy fast rotation on triples so his jumps look majestic.
Virtanen also looked ok he didn’t do all jumps in his run through but outside of rt jumped mighty well; he started falling I think I jinxed him.

Btw guys I am trying to watch, write notes, take photos and clap at the same time [emoji23]

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Practice notes from today:

Group 1

Krasnozhon looks very strong and confindent; he jumps great in general but then failed some jumps during run through.
Same for Harris, good jumping today looks really strong.
Bychenko is on and off popped some jumps im not sure if he is doing these doubles on purpose or what is happening tbh but he didn’t look happy so I’m guessing not, he didn’t do a full rt just some parts with a very nice 3A somewhere in the middle ; he got better by the end of his rt but then started popping again when his rt ended ; his success rate with jumps is low today.
Tanaka was very good but he took a very bad fall on a quad I think but he had a great rt, he seems so strong ! I love his jumps, he doesn’t have crazy fast rotation on triples so his jumps look majestic.
Virtanen also looked ok he didn’t do all jumps in his run through but outside of rt jumped mighty well; he started falling I think I jinxed him.

Btw guys I am trying to watch, write notes, take photos and clap at the same time [emoji23]

Once again, Thank you so much for live reports!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Group 2:

Let me start with my biggest fear - Boyang. His quad sal and toe look okay as usual but he just had some landing issues, some of his landings look a bit Shoma-esque. During run through he fell on 4Lz and botched 3A landing. He did all the choreo and step seq, can’t recall any spins. He did rather little in his practice in comparison to others. He did some single jumps (on purpose) to check his entries.
Misha Kolyada - ehh Misha Misha Misha ☹️ I love him so much it pains me to watch him sometimes. He did two or three gorgeous quad toes, his axel is fantastic, his triples are just perfect but! he keeps mostly falling on his quads, and sometimes doubles the toe he puts on combos (although sometimes I thought he might be doing it on purpose, hard to tell). He fell on his opening quad during RT (sal it was I think), then barely hung on to 3A landing, did some choreo and I think he did a 3Lz combo with a double on it. Generally he skipped the middle part of his RT.
Jun - he is mostly on, nearly all jumps looked fine, he did pop some and fell once. Didn’t do full RT, skipped some jumps. I think he was not fully concentrated. But he looked alright to me.
Brezina- I wish I could change my predictions because I think Michal could medal here. His only issue was the loop which he doubled a few times but other than that landed mostly everything. Did some quad salchows too. He didn’t do all his jumps in the RT (did some entries) but did choreo and spins.
Lazukin - sadly Andrey was a little off today. He had trouble with his quad, fell twice I think, stepped out also twice. Can’t recall if he jumped during RT sorry :( he did choreo and spins for sure and he skipped some parts of the rt in general. He also doubled some of his intended triples.
Yuzuru - not to worry you guys but Yuzu had a bomb practice. His biggest concern today was the loop again. He popped it at least 2 times that I saw but landed it three times including one in his RT. His salchow and toe are just stunning, he missed salchow once and landed all toes he attempted. In his RT he landed his sal, toe and loop (quads) then wandered through the steps seq, didn’t do two spins, then did the quad - axel (gorgeous), 3Lo, 3F-3T, choreo seq and last spin (he has such a beautiful camel I just can’t!) and that’s it. Oh and at one point he has a 3A-eu-3Sal combo which he skipped (did entry). He did some stroking by the end and also stood by the bands at one point and was visibly analyzing his FS, pointing where he would go after each element which was very cute [emoji846]

Also I am pleased to inform all crazy Hanyu fans that Yuzu does a “swoosh - paa” sound with his mouth when he practices a jump entry 🤣 it was the cutest thing!