Premiere, Synergy or Supreme Boot | Golden Skate

Premiere, Synergy or Supreme Boot

<3skater

Spectator
Hello,

My bootfitter has told me I have a few months left in my boots after we had my tongue stiffened.

We know I'm a jackson foot at this point. I'll need a custom width and split size between feet, which will cost the same customization cost. The question is which base boot to work off of?All of them have the ability to be 60- 65 stiffness after the rapid custom program which I'll need to go with anyways.

Premiere : $450
Synergy Elite: $ 750 More customization features like more padding can be placed
Supreme: $800 Full leather more customization, felt tongue which may be more durable

My coach is advising to consider full leather but the price difference is a significant. Anybody with experience with all three or one?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello,

My bootfitter has told me I have a few months left in my boots after we had my tongue stiffened.

We know I'm a jackson foot at this point. I'll need a custom width and split size between feet, which will cost the same customization cost. The question is which base boot to work off of?All of them have the ability to be 60- 65 stiffness after the rapid custom program which I'll need to go with anyways.

Premiere : $450
Synergy Elite: $ 750 More customization features like more padding can be placed
Supreme: $800 Full leather more customization, felt tongue which may be more durable

My coach is advising to consider full leather but the price difference is a significant. Anybody with experience with all three or one?
What level are you and what are your needs?

<3skater

Spectator
I'm working on FS4. I had my loop from a three turn for about a month until I developed heel pain --> heel spur issue which led us to realize my tongue on my entre had broken down and for my bootfitter to stiffen the tongue.

Adult 130-140lb depending on the time on the month :sneaky:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
You honestly shouldn't need anything stronger than Premier with your stats. You could possibly do Synergy if you want the rapid custom capabilities.

<3skater

Spectator
All options will be the same stiffness of 60 or 65 which is the premiere's level. Since I already need customization it opened the conversation or whether we should get the other two boots- Synergy or Supreme at a lower customized stiffness. My coach really likes leather and apparently it breaks in differently which points at the supreme.

The question is really leather vs thermo plastic and whether there is a difference between Synergy and Premiere.
I've heard a lot of the premiere tongue prematurely breaking down and everybody at my rink who has premieres either has problems or had to get it fixed with with a stiffened tongue with some foam attached.

I haven't heard much about the synergy yet...

I'm fairly sensitive to changes in my boot so the longer I can stay in steady state without things breaking down the better.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
All options will be the same stiffness of 60 or 65 which is the premiere's level. Since I already need customization it opened the conversation or whether we should get the other two boots- Synergy or Supreme at a lower customized stiffness. My coach really likes leather and apparently it breaks in differently which points at the supreme.

The question is really leather vs thermo plastic and whether there is a difference between Synergy and Premiere.
I've heard a lot of the premiere tongue prematurely breaking down and everybody at my rink who has premieres either has problems or had to get it fixed with with a stiffened tongue with some foam attached.

I haven't heard much about the synergy yet...

I'm fairly sensitive to changes in my boot so the longer I can stay in steady state without things breaking down the better.
I don't understand why they would be making a custom for you in Supreme and have it be 65. Also, there are multiple styles/versions of Supremes rated up to 85. Unless your boots going to be based off the Supreme Pro? Which IIRC is lower cut which I would not suggest for you.
It makes no sense to me and I've been wearing customs for 20 years. Also, I only wear leather in my singles boots and have for years. My dance boot on the other hand has been suede in the past.

<3skater

Spectator
Ok... I don't feel so alone with my confusion. I know they're going a lot stiffer since my tongue broke down prematurely which led to heel pain. I know the premieres have been having similar problems with premature tongue breaking down which is why they wanted the premiere stiffness of the heel on either the synergy or supreme and a strong tongue

Anyhoo...I have about 5months to 1 year to break this tongue according to them. I hope to knock out the loop and flip now that my heel doesn't hurt every landing since it was just in reach just before heel pain started

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I think you'd be OK in a Premiere with customizations - and the $300 will help cover the cost of your blades, if you need them!

That being said, though - I tried on the Synergy Pro during a recent fitting, and I was really impressed with them. The padding was next-level compared with my old Debuts, and they were a decent bit lighter as well. I didn't go with them because of the price and stiffness - I would have essentially needed a full custom since the Pro is way too stiff for me, and the Synergy Elite doesn't come in black. But if budget weren't a factor, they'd have been in the running for sure.

If the potential for additional comfort sounds like something you'd be interested in, I think it'd be worth your time to see if your tech can get ahold of a stock Synergy boot for you to look at and try on. You'll definitely want to look at them in person - to be perfectly frank, I think they're kinda ugly myself! - but honestly, they were so comfortable that I would have been willing to live with the look. :)

Elenea

Rinkside
I don't understand why they would be making a custom for you in Supreme and have it be 65. Also, there are multiple styles/versions of Supremes rated up to 85. Unless your boots going to be based off the Supreme Pro? Which IIRC is lower cut which I would not suggest for you.
It makes no sense to me and I've been wearing customs for 20 years. Also, I only wear leather in my singles boots and have for years. My dance boot on the other hand has been suede in the past.
The Supreme Pro is not lower cut than the Premiere. I had both of them and the ankle height is the same.
They are great boots. Really nice padding and not too stiff (65). The felt tongue takes a while to mold to the ankle though. They are less expensive as the Synergy or the "normal" Supreme. Just the colour takes a little time to get used too.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Supreme Pro is not lower cut than the Premiere. I had both of them and the ankle height is the same.
They are great boots. Really nice padding and not too stiff (65). The felt tongue takes a while to mold to the ankle though. They are less expensive as the Synergy or the "normal" Supreme. Just the colour takes a little time to get used too.
At one point in Jackson's ever changing line up they were lower cut and alot of coaches and ice dancers wore them.

Elenea

Rinkside
Then I was lucky I guess and missed that line up.
If anyone is interested,I made two photos.
From left to right:
Elite Pro 5320 from October 2020
Jackson Premiere Custom Leather (Dec. 2022)
Supreme Pro Rapid Custum (Nov. 2023)