Recent Quad Single Best Required Element or Program Component | Golden Skate

Recent Quad Single Best Required Element or Program Component

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
Looking into 2022, would like to know what you believe (including video receipt) to be the single best element or program component you witnessed since the end of the 2018 Olympics season. This would apply for each element or program component per each discipline.

Instructions
  • specify (highlight in bold) the specific element (e.g., quad loop, curve lift, back out death spiral) or program component (e.g., interpretation, performance, skating skills). if you prefer, include a reason why (references for ISU guidelines and instructions for GOE and levels included below)
  • specify the performer and the year, event (preferably major international competitions), and program (free skate/dance, short program/rhythm dance) it was performed at
  • include video clip of the specific element or program component
  • unless specifying what you believe to be a best "program component," (e.g., best interpretation of a ladies free skate program), please refrain from just saying "the whole program" to specify a best element.

References
ISU Guidelines and Technical Handbooks for Singles and Pairs and Video and Detailed Requirements for Singles, Pairs, and Ice Dance
ISU Chart for Program Components

Last edited:

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
I guess I can start with Ice Dance. In the 2019-2022 quad, I am still in love with the Chock/Bates dance curve lift (so amazing how Madi just slithers down Evan like a snake during the lift) within the Egyptian Snake Dance - especially in the 2020 Four Continents Championship.

I also just like this 2019 free dance from P/C at the World Championship as a whole, but I am amazed by this wonderful choreographic lift at the end of the dance...

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
In honor of Bradie Tennell withdrawing from US Champs, I was amazed by the speed and general awesomeness of her change combination spin during the 2019 World Team Trophy event (1:04:30).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I have to check but recently what comes to mind is Valieva’s 4S at Euros. That didn’t have preceding steps or exit transitions but honestly neither is my criteria for best element. It was superb. The fact it was rippon, the amplitude, the extension, the confidence. The best 4S ever IMO, men or women.

https://youtu.be/p3q3cTXA0w4 (around the 1:05 mark)

Hanyu’s 4T+3T in his 4CC SP was also essentially perfection (around 6:35 https://youtu.be/BzTqA0KN528).The transitions in were difficult but he just made this look so *easy*.

Last edited: